Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Somebody catch me up. I'm not reading all this...
Now, this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the victim of a scam (or accomplice, depending on how you view the presented evidence)

Longshot

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The original dealer that it appears to be stolen from, likely recieved a claim check from AMRO (Ford's subsidiary insurance company)--so technically it belongs to AMRO. The vehicle is probably being held as evidence, but will probably be returned to the insurance company once the case is solved and prosecuted...until then, it'll likely be impounded for the duration. It doesn't matter if Ford or the dealer got paid for it already..it never belonged to the OP due to the fraudulent transaction. Chances are this Bronco will never see the road again.
Thanks for the clarification...! :cool:

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a cheap commuter car for my daughter years ago... I asked the dealer if I could pay in cash, he said "Only drug dealers pay for cars with cash".
Sold a Toyota truck once and the guy said cash. OK. Well, he came with about 5K of $20s. Was at the DMV to file the change of ownership declaration the same day.

Sponsored

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So... a guy needed to replace his old pick-up. He doesn't like to pay sales tax so he bought a stolen Bronco Raptor for under mkt value with cash from some guy, only to then take the Bronco a few days later to a dealer to trade for a new F150 (and then pay the sales tax anyway) only for the dealer to catch the stolen Bronco, keep it and take back the truck.

Apparently he's telling us all this so we won't make the same "mistake"?

Late on the draw - GToddC5 has a better summary.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is some real wallstreet bets front page material.

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Somebody catch me up. I'm not reading all this...
In short, professional thieves stole a Braptor and then got a vin# from an unsold matching one. They then fabricated new vin tags for the vehicle, a new window sticker and a new title to match the doner vin#.
OP purchased the stolen Braptor after confirming documents matched and going to the DMV WITH the seller and got a new title in his name. He then tried to trade it in for a F150 Raptor but in the mean time the doner Braptor sold so the double vin #'s tipped them off that it was actually stolen.
The OP came to this gracious forum for suggestions and was given 21 pages of hell including being accused of being in on the theft, a tax cheat and a moron.
Thieves have been around forever but 21 pages of attacking a victim makes me question humanity.
That's my take on it all.

OP
OP

ONCEHADABRAPTOR

Raptor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
In short, professional thieves stole a Braptor and then got a vin# from an unsold matching one. They then fabricated new vin tags for the vehicle, a new window sticker and a new title to match the doner vin#.
OP purchased the stolen Braptor after confirming documents matched and going to the DMV WITH the seller and got a new title in his name. He then tried to trade it in for a F150 Raptor but in the mean time the doner Braptor sold so the double vin #'s tipped them off that it was actually stolen.
The OP came to this gracious forum for suggestions and was given 21 pages of hell including being accused of being in on the theft, a tax cheat and a moron.
Thieves have been around forever but 21 pages of attacking a victim makes me question humanity.
That's my take on it all.
Pretty much. Really hasn’t been to bad most people been quite useful. Most people clearly be upside down on their tits anyways if happened to them. It’s more funny to me and that would be my odds

Sponsored

A907Chick

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Wildtrax Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They likely are not involved at all or mules ?

OP, you still did not tell us who are the people on the photos and who was the seller who went with you in the DMV ? Gina, from the passenger seat ?
Yeah that
They likely are not involved at all or mules ?

OP, you still did not tell us who are the people on the photos and who was the seller who went with you in the DMV ? Gina, from the passenger seat ?
Yeah I am wondering that too.

OP
OP

ONCEHADABRAPTOR

Raptor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Who do we think they are? If their photo is posted. My mom and dad?

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I heard they're starting a thread to explain this thread.

Might be a rumor though.
That must be the guy trying to trade a white braptor for a black one
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.