First Name
Zay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus IS350 DHP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The lack of sympathy is because he thought he was getting a steal of a deal and was going to flip it and makes some bucks. Turns out it was a steal...
wait, dont we all look for deals and if we can make money off of it, even better

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wait, dont we all look for deals and if we can make money off of it, even better
No. Not everyone is looking to "make a quick buck" because there are inherent risks. And sometimes it doesn't pay off. Case in point.

Do I? I've bought and flipped stuff plenty of times. But I'm not so greedy to ignore a multitude of warning signs. Always be prepared to walk away from a deal.

Sponsored

Brok3nBronco

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I still think this is nothing more than a alibi posting for the OP. He posted this so called HELP ME! thread to gain some sympathy, guidance in hopes that this would thwart the appearance of guilt to victim hood to the local law enforcement. But officer look at my postings on B6G, I'm innocent I swear officer.

I find this whole ordeal sketchy and misleading to all reading. The first thing I really find as a red flag is the date of his forum sign up, and this is his first posting. Why in the world would anyone going through such an ordeal come directly to a vehicle specific forum and post this right from the get go?

I really think the OP was part of this whole scheme to defraud a dealership with all the paperwork in hand that supposedly passed through DMV for registration, immediately went to trade it in on a new F150 Raptor with nothing but a stolen BRaptor and shit load of equity. But he wasn't anticipating getting caught. Now that he did, he is using B6G as his alibi.

I really think this post should be closed and deleted to prohibit B6G being a scape goat.

@Administrator as my mentioned words above, can this be taken down as a possible protection?

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not so much about the lack of sympathy as much as people saying hes lying about the whole thing and its just a story and then attacking him.
You don't see red flags or inconsistencies in this discussion? I would like to invite you to contribute to the GoFundMe that @swooshdave and I will be setting up so that OP can get a replacement Braptor.
Trust is earned and there were inconsistencies uncovered from day 1 of OP joining.
To build on what @Grumpy said, if I had the same issue with buying a McLaren, I would not go to a McLaren enthusiast group to seek advice. Maybe LE, an attorney, or even just Google. Things just don't add up.

Balerstos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still think this is nothing more than a alibi posting for the OP. He posted this so called HELP ME! thread to gain some sympathy, guidance in hopes that this would thwart the appearance of guilt to victim hood to the local law enforcement. But officer look at my postings on B6G, I'm innocent I swear officer.

I find this whole ordeal sketchy and misleading to all reading. The first thing I really find as a red flag is the date of his forum sign up, and this is his first posting. Why in the world would anyone going through such an ordeal come directly to a vehicle specific forum and post this right from the get go?

I really think the OP was part of this whole scheme to defraud a dealership with all the paperwork in hand that supposedly passed through DMV for registration, immediately went to trade it in on a new F150 Raptor with nothing but a stolen BRaptor and shit load of equity. But he wasn't anticipating getting caught. Now that he did, he is using B6G as his alibi.

I really think this post should be closed and deleted to prohibit B6G being a scape goat.

@Administrator as my mentioned words above, can this be taken down as a possible protection?
Honestly the entire story sounds like it's perfectly plausible...but my biggest eyebrow raising is due to the lassiez faire attitude about losing $75k. I don't care how big a business you run, if you lose that much money, you're not going to "meh...it happens." it off. That's a LOT of money. Even for hyper-rich folks (which this guy isn't claiming that he is).

That's really the only part that makes me think this doesn't pass the smell test.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Honestly the entire story sounds like it's perfectly plausible...but my biggest eyebrow raising is due to the lassiez faire attitude about losing $75k. I don't care how big a business you run, if you lose that much money, you're not going to "meh...it happens." it off. That's a LOT of money. Even for hyper-rich folks (which this guy isn't claiming that he is).

That's really the only part that makes me think this doesn't pass the smell test.
Yes this kind of stuff happens all the time. But for a person claiming to be a self employed distributor, would have better common sense about, 1- buying on Craigslist for a rare and expensive vehicle for less than msrp, 2- cash only $75k in Benjamin's only, 3- trading immediately for a new F150 Raptor, 4- finds out stolen, 5- can't seem to get any legal help from anyone, 6- no remorse of lost $75k, 7- date of membership here at B6G, 8-this is his first post asking for HELP! What help could we possibly give OP? He is better off talking to law enforcement if this was true. Not a open forum, at least a auto forum. Why didn't he go to a legal forum for help for his first posting?

This is nothing more than an alibi out for him. My original post is on PG 10 with my doubts. Now we are on PG 31 in 2 days. He is getting what he hoped for, remorse, serious heartfelt sympathy for his guise. It seems to be putting B6G in the middle of a crime. It is not right to keep this going the way it is. It needs to be shut down.

Everything the OP has written has no signs of anger, disbelief, sorrow or surprise. This is all a planned disguise of a criminal in my mind. I am a older man, and I've seen and witnessed a lot of mischievous things happen, and I believe this is another.I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

ONCEHADABRAPTOR

Raptor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

I aint rich but i have money saved nor 7 figures either. Realistically can buy a couple more braptors off the lot if wanted to and thats about it. It made a dent thats for sure. And to @Grumpy forums are nothing new to me bud. I am actually one of the facebook mods on the tacoma world facebook page in our AZ section with 15-20 thousand members. Should I have posted this on the 911 forums I was on to when I had one? lol come on dude. You probably come from Tacoma world we had a dude just like you everyday who eventually got banned. Pretty sure he bought a bronco or something and left. No shit I made my page for this purpose only

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is the OP’s way of saving face. Of course the guy is super upset about it, he’s just not acting like it on the internet. Wouldn’t do any good anyway!
The sketchiest part of all this IMO is trusting a guy insisting on cash only for such a large amount. Anyway, I hope the police can help OP (but not holding my breath on that one lol) and he keeps us updated.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I aint rich but i have money saved nor 7 figures either. Realistically can buy a couple more braptors off the lot if wanted to and thats about it. It made a dent thats for sure. And to @Grumpy forums are nothing new to me bud. I am actually one of the facebook mods on the tacoma world facebook page in our AZ section with 15-20 thousand members. Should I have posted this on the 911 forums I was on to when I had one? lol come on dude. You probably come from Tacoma world we had a dude just like you everyday who eventually got banned. Pretty sure he bought a bronco or something and left. No shit I made my page for this purpose only
This is the exactly the thought process that the OP expresses throughout this thread. Ehhh, its only $75k lost to a scam. This is just lunacy to think we as members are that naive to accept.

Secondly OP, if your so familiar with forums, then why didn't you go and sign up on some legal forum to get your so called help you were trying to seek? Seems to be if you wanted the whole world to know your business, and how naive and nonchalant you are with 75k that legal forums would be the best place for you to type it out loud. Not here at B6G!

Balerstos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey I don't doubt that you have the money to buy one or six, I'm just surprised at the casual acceptance you're showing about losing $75k. Even if there was NOTHING you could do about it, you don't seem to be very angry about it. Just adds to the idea that people are thinking you're in on it or at least knew what was up. Feels like you knew going in this could happen and, while you're out a Raptor, you didn't lose any actual cash. Just a stolen vehicle.

Oh, I'd have also been a little more reluctant to return the F-150 too if I knew I was losing that AND the $75k.

Good luck to you on whatever you're trying to get done...but you gotta understand why this seems a little suspicious right?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.