Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've only driven vehicles with analog gauges, and no screens, as seen here. Well, aside from my girl's JL... but I don't get to drive that very often. The off-road screens are pretty cool. I'm looking forward to some screens with more info!
IMG_9203.jpg
That is a feature I miss, temp controls on the steering wheel.
Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My CX-5 has a HUD that shows speed, speed limit, stop signs, nav directions, lane departure, warnings for blind spot and auto braking, and cruise control info. This is the first vehicle I've owned with one and I really like it. Would have been a really cool option on the Bronco to have all that in front of you - thinking about the virtual display gauges showing tilt angles, drive mode, GOAT modes, lockers etc.
Just imagine the cost associated with replacing a HU Display windshield in the high chip probability environment Broncos will live. Hell, I’ve had opposing traffic kick up a stone and deflower a new windshield on a very wide high speed gravel road.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If the lower level instrument panels on the Bronco are like the base Sport, I'd be happy. I just really want a tach since I am getting a manual. Although honestly I don't spend a lot of time looking at it, don't rely on it to know when to shift, I just like having it there. And I still prefer analog to digital.
1602903307844.png
And once again Sport gets all the good stuff.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just imagine the cost associated with replacing a HU Display windshield in the high chip probability environment Broncos will live. Hell, I’ve had opposing traffic kick up a stone and deflower a new windshield on a very wide high speed gravel road.
I didn't realize the HU glass is any different. -- And luckily I have glass coverage on my vehicles ( knock on wood ) :)

JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I still can't get past that digital vertical bar thing that's supposed to be a tach, yikes. I like the Sports cluster much better.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still can't get past that digital vertical bar thing that's supposed to be a tach, yikes. I like the Sports cluster much better.
There will likely be multiple options for people to pick their preferred screen. On the Mustang, there is a screen with a traditional analog-looking tach as well as one where the tach is like a large sideway candy cane (sounds weird, but it's actually more readable) as well as another where the tach spans nearly the full width of the top of the digital dash. Also, you can create your own custom dash. And the display is nice and crisp. If the Bronco matches the Mustang in features and versatility, I'll be stoked. Really, it should be better, since it's newer.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've had 2 cars with a HUD. The first projected on the windshield and YES it required a +$200 windshield that was polished inside where the HUD shows.

My current Mazda has a plastic screen that lifts up from the Dash when you start the car. This does not require a special windshield.

It is a great feature, shows just about everything as well as your built in Nav directions. It would be nice if Ford did something the same, but if they do, let's hope they do not go the windshield route.
Sponsored