Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (Badlands)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, the first thing I would say is that an audio file typically plans on spending more than the factory set up. This particular vehicle is difficult for any Sound system. First of all there are no speakers in the doors. That limits speaker placement and options. Second is the top is removable. Both of these are features that make the bronco great but do not lend themselves to a good sounding system. There are JBL sound bars now that can be added to the base system. I know that upgrading audio systems can get crazy expensive. Skies the limit type a deal. After market is just getting started with being able to get their hands on Broncos so that they can design accessories. The sound system is no exception. My suggestion is for you to wait probably about six months to a year after the bronco has been fully released and then see what's available on the market. It's just gonna take some time for these manufacturers to build stuff. After that you should be able to audition different system before you buy them.
Excellent advice. I have the high package and the sound system definitely needs an upgrade. Yesterday we took the Bronco to a shop to get some ideas. For a non ideal solution they quoted us at 1500. We are going to wait until more after market solutions come out. Preferably something like the JL audio setup seen in Jeep’s.

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the high package. I figured that with my poor hearing, even an upgraded audio system wouldn't sound great in a vehicle. The only thing I really wanted from lux was the heated wheel. An extra pair of gloves was a lot cheaper.

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent advice. I have the high package and the sound system definitely needs an upgrade. Yesterday we took the Bronco to a shop to get some ideas. For a non ideal solution they quoted us at 1500. We are going to wait until more after market solutions come out. Preferably something like the JL audio setup seen in Jeep’s.
That’s very helpful and *really* good to know.
I think I’ll just stick with Lux

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I started off with Lux on my order, but went down to High package. The only thing I really wanted was the upgraded stereo, but figured my in vehicle entertainment mostly consists of podcasts and news, so $2k+ for the occasional time I crank up some old school classic rock really wasn't justified.
That being said, I'm happy with the base sound system, even with the doors and roof off. I may end up swapping out some speakers, but that's mostly because I can't resist taking stuff apart and improving it.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hypothetically speaking, if I had a friend looking for some pants vibration, how would I......I mean him go about doing that......
haha, I'd start with a really big subwoofer in the cargo area (really fill it up) and then add one under the seat as well, that should be a good start :-D

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I had the sense that the base system was “decent” I’d be ok with that.
My personal opinion, you'd be OK with "high" in that case.

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
haha, I'd start with a really big subwoofer in the cargo area (really fill it up) and then add one under the seat as well, that should be a good start :-D
Thanks! I'll .......tell HIM you said so...

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can afford it, buy the lux. You only go around once. Driving a vehicle that “ doesn’t “ have something you wanted, will always eat at you. BTW, what will you experience more in your Bronco? Rock crawling, trail riding extreme, or listening to the sound system? I am getting the sound system will be the option used way more then any other.

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can afford it, buy the lux. You only go around once. Driving a vehicle that “ doesn’t “ have something you wanted, will always eat at you. BTW, what will you experience more in your Bronco? Rock crawling, trail riding extreme, or listening to the sound system? I am getting the sound system will be the option used way more then any other.
sound system definitely (just because this is going to be my daily driver).
Just asked my dealer about MSRP protection if I switch from Wildtrak to badlands - he’ll get back to me tomorrow.

my order was early Feb so hopefully I’ll get 2021 pricing if I switch to badlands. IfI don’t get 2021 MSRP and it’s more than a couple hundred dollars I’ll just stick with the wildtrak

Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hoping for some guidance on here (especially by people who are audiophiles). I ordered my Bronco with the Lux package primarily because of my understanding that the base sound system is pretty bad.

However I honestly don't care much for anything else in the Lux package. I just wanted the upgraded sound system.

I don't know anything about upgrading to a better sound system (I'd obviously have to pay to have one put in if I went for the high package). So I guess my question is - is it smarter just to stick with the Lux package and have the speakers/wiring/etc under factory warranty? Or is it a much better (and cheaper) choice to go with the High package and have aftermarket speakers installed?

I haven't upgraded a sound system since I stuck an Alpine CD player in my civic back in 1994 so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
My 2 cents.... I drove a WT with the B&O. and it was okay.. nothing to write home about. I since received my BL and well I.... I'm actually okay with what I got... Only thing id want is the high package.. The lux was nice. I was afraid the screen on the regular trim would be too small, its not. and I will say the speakers are lacking in the bass department. even with rock, light bass rap music. At vol 15 it gets boggy. As for top off windows down, plenty of power to hear over wind noise on the highway. If you want to save a couple bucks get the high and just use it and fix what you don't like. But the downside to that is.... you may be waiting a little bit for the aftermarket to come out with a shadow box, and decent installation instructions. I looked at crutchfield today and they didn't have much as to what could exactly fit..

I am aware of the YT video of the people putting 20$ Walmart kickers in... And its a hard pass for me. Sure they could work but you'll end up replacing them within a year or so later for more powerful speaker.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So, the first thing I would say is that an audio file typically plans on spending more than the factory set up. This particular vehicle is difficult for any Sound system. First of all there are no speakers in the doors. That limits speaker placement and options. Second is the top is removable. Both of these are features that make the bronco great but do not lend themselves to a good sounding system. There are JBL sound bars now that can be added to the base system. I know that upgrading audio systems can get crazy expensive. Skies the limit type a deal. After market is just getting started with being able to get their hands on Broncos so that they can design accessories. The sound system is no exception. My suggestion is for you to wait probably about six months to a year after the bronco has been fully released and then see what's available on the market. It's just gonna take some time for these manufacturers to build stuff. After that you should be able to audition different system before you buy them.
Isn’t it audiophile?

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kidding aside, I'm in same boat. If I go non-lux, I almost assuredly will take it to a stereo shop and get an upgrade. If I go Lux, then I know it won't be mind blowing, but it may be good enough for what the Bronco is. If not, I'll still have to pay a stereo shop.
I have the high package and planned to upgrade the speakers, but pleased to report no urgent need after spending 2;600 miles in it so far, and always listening to something. I’m far from an audiophile and my hearing isn’t perfect but finding the stock system sounding better than anticipated.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the high package and planned to upgrade the speakers, but pleased to report no urgent need after spending 2;600 miles in it so far, and always listening to something. I’m far from an audiophile and my hearing isn’t perfect but finding the stock system sounding better than anticipated.
Great to hear! I'm not picky about the audio, just want to be able to hear it, so I'm not as worried now.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That’s not a bad point. I’ve never driven a car with adaptive cruise control.
My dad has it in his Subaru and really seems to like it.

I pity you with LA traffic. I lived in Marina del Rey for @8 years so I can sympathize.

If a “decent” sound system is honestly going to cost that much I might as well stick with the B&O for the price and all the other upgrades. Heated steering wheel does sound pretty nice for Colorado mountain winters
I live in an area of heavy traffic and adaptive cruise control is horrific. It's not possible to turn it off on my daily driver (Mazda6 GTR) so I don't use it at all. Thankfully we were able to disable it in FORSCAN on the '19 Ranger.

Ultimately it comes down to how much tech you want, because it will absolutely be cheaper to upgrade the factory speakers even if you don't do any additional amplification than pay for the Lux package.

Like you, I only wanted one item from LUX, but i'll be damned if I voluntarily choose another car that has adaptive cruise control, auto-braking and will force steering on you.

These technologies have, IMHO, only enabled people to disconnect from their driving more than ever. I'll often see what I call "Adaptive Cruise Control Hell" where a train of about 5-6 cars are all maintaining their equal spacing, randomly blipping their brakes, all at about 10 mph under the flow of traffic as they have been caught behind a vehicle not slow or large enough to wake the driver up from their subconscious slumber behind the wheel to pass. Or they fiiiiiiiiinally wake up consciously and pull out for that awesome pass. Only to find their car ever so slowly ramps up from 60-62 mph up to 65 mph and in about 30 miles they will finally overtake the train of likeminded freeway zombies. Now both lanes of the freeway are blocked as that person will be damned if they will actually use the accelerator pedal to pass the train and return to the right (correct) lane. Rinse and repeat this for the 3 hour drive between Portland and Seattle. Both directions. Every day. Every drive.
Sponsored