Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure I understand the difference between the two. On both of my Ford trucks (Lariat trim) I can use either Ford's built in Navigation or use Google Maps, WAZE, etc from my phone and send it to the truck display.
How does NAV work on High vs Lux?

Thanks
Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure I understand the difference between the two. On both of my Ford trucks (Lariat trim) I can use either Ford's built in Navigation or use Google Maps, WAZE, etc from my phone and send it to the truck display.
How does NAV work on High vs Lux?

Thanks
Same

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found this:

From: https://www.kbb.com/car-news/ford-bronco-packages/#lux-package
"Coolest Features — The navigation system works a little differently on the Lux Package than it does on the High Package. The High Package has what Ford calls “connected navigation,” which means it can give you a navigation screen, but it needs to get GPS data from your phone. With “connected built-in navigation” on the Lux package, no phone is required, and the navigation system is built into the car."

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only reason I added Lux was to get heated steering wheel for my osteoarthritis of hands. Also adds B&O and maybe heated seats.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found this:

"Coolest Features — The navigation system works a little differently on the Lux Package than it does on the High Package. The High Package has what Ford calls “connected navigation,” which means it can give you a navigation screen, but it needs to get GPS data from your phone. With “connected built-in navigation” on the Lux package, no phone is required, and the navigation system is built into the car."
Now that’s interesting……did not know that

Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the builder you can get built in navigation on the high package. So from what I understand if you want more road features like lane assist and speed cruise control monitor for traffic get the Lux. Also has better speakers in Lux. I didn’t need all the extra road stuff so I got the high package.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Found this:

I could be wrong, but this wasn't my understanding of built-in nav. I thought built in just means they charge you for 3 years of nav up front. The regular connected nav functions the same, but only comes with 90 day trial then you have to start paying monthly.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LUX has been great in BigSassy. Don’t know if I would have ordered it, but it was on the Bronco I found. It’s 24 degrees here this morning, the heated steering sure has been welcome and very much appreciated. Not that I’m a fan boy for any manufacturer, but this Bronco has exceeded any/all expectations I think I had going into it. It is hands down the best convertible SUV I’ve ever owned. I’m so glad I didn’t place my order for the 392 Jeep. I almost did, but just really wanted to try a different platform. It was so comfortable on a 4 hour road trip this past weekend. That hasn’t always been my experience with other similar brands.

Last edited:
OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Connected built in Navigation is $695 added on top of the high package. It gives you 3 years. If you don't get this you get Connected NAV which gives you 90 days free

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both Connected Navigation and Connected Built-In Navigation do basically the same thing while the service is active. The both pull in weather and traffic information using the AT&T cellular modem inside of your vehicle, and they will both route you from point A to point B.

Once the service expires, the Connected Built-In Navigation reverts to a more traditional old-school GPS device. It'll provide you routing from point A to point B, but it will not provide you weather or traffic information.

On Connected Navigation, the system will revert to effectively a digital map. There will be no routing functionality.

The third option is to use the Maps application (or something like Waze) on your smartphone through Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. That service is available on all trims and does not require a subscription to use, as it is driven entirely through your smartphone.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Both Connected Navigation and Connected Built-In Navigation do basically the same thing while the service is active. The both pull in weather and traffic information using the AT&T cellular modem inside of your vehicle, and they will both route you from point A to point B.

Once the service expires, the Connected Built-In Navigation reverts to a more traditional old-school GPS device. It'll provide you routing from point A to point B, but it will not provide you weather or traffic information.

On Connected Navigation, the system will revert to effectively a digital map. There will be no routing functionality.

The third option is to use the Maps application (or something like Waze) on your smartphone through Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. That service is available on all trims and does not require a subscription to use, as it is driven entirely through your smartphone.
I have Lux, but the Nav is wasted…I don’t even know anyone that uses built in Nav anymore, much less pay to extend when Waze/GM is free.

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the explanation

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there any word on the availability or cost of continuing these services once the initial subscription runs out?

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have Lux, but the Nav is wasted…I don’t even know anyone that uses built in Nav anymore, much less pay to extend when Waze/GM is free.
I use the built in NAV because its easy to use via voice. If Google Maps or Waze
Is there any word on the availability or cost of continuing these services once the initial subscription runs out?
$80 year I think

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart