First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have the part#/kit# of the actual kit you used?
Here is the kit. Says, only one left. It came up on this sight first. I ordered through RC. Looks like might even be a sale price . Free shipping on RC sight. RC sight says doesn't fit Hoss 3.0 or 4.0 Several of us installed and works fine. Texas Dan has a 2 door and had to modify diff skid plate a little bit. Us with 4 doors didn't have to.
Screenshot_20230617_064302_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dino171

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just had the RPG 3”/2.25” put on with their UCAs.
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Lift options? Screenshot_20230617_064302_Chrome
What are your wheel specs? I see most folks hovering around 17x8.5 with 0 offset. I want to go 17x9 +0 but haven’t heard any testimonials about the rub

Drose017

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What are your wheel specs? I see most folks hovering around 17x8.5 with 0 offset. I want to go 17x9 +0 but haven’t heard any testimonials about the rub
I’m 17x8.5 with 0 offset

Sponsored

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

The overall offset is more important than the wheel width. Not that wheel width doesn't matter, as long as you are netting around 0 offset total with either 8.5 or 9, the general concensus is there shouldn't be any rubbing with appropriate sized lift related to what tire size you choose.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The overall offset is more important than the wheel width. Not that wheel width doesn't matter, as long as you are netting around 0 offset total with either 8.5 or 9, the general concensus is there shouldn't be any rubbing with appropriate sized lift related to what tire size you choose.
The wheel width does matter as much as the offset. A 9.5 inch wheel with a 0 offset would result in poke and inset that’s nearly 1/2 inch more on both inner and outer. That would definitely affect the probability of rubbing. Now with a 9” wheel is more like a little less than a quarter inch but overall I’m just saying that it does make a difference especially when going with larger tires. I put 37’s on the stock wheels, no lift, and I literally only have a half inch, if that, of clearance.

IMG_1146.png

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The wheel width does matter as much as the offset. A 9.5 inch wheel with a 0 offset would result in poke and inset that’s nearly 1/2 inch more on both inner and outer. That would definitely affect the probability of rubbing. Now with a 9” wheel is more like a little less than a quarter inch but overall I’m just saying that it does make a difference especially when going with larger tires. I put 37’s on the stock wheels, no lift, and I literally only have a half inch, if that, of clearance.
"Not that wheel width doesn't matter"

I never suggested it didn't, but in terms of a 8.5 vs a 9.0, which is what he was referring too, multiple factions, including RPG themselves said both the 8.5 and 9.0 will fit without rubbing on 35's or 37's provided both are at 0 offset with appropriate lift. I also specifically said with a lift that's appropriate for the tire size. Never suggested no lift like you. Thats all I was referencing.

But yea.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
"Not that wheel width doesn't matter"

I never suggested it didn't, but in terms of a 8.5 vs a 9.0, which is what he was referring too, multiple factions, including RPG themselves said both the 8.5 and 9.0 will fit without rubbing on 35's or 37's provided both are at 0 offset with appropriate lift. I also specifically said with a lift that's appropriate for the tire size. Never suggested no lift like you. Thats all I was referencing.

But yea.
All good! I ordered my lift but waiting for it to arrive is killing me. I decided to just mount my 37’s to the stock wheels lol. No rub at all on the streets. Even U-Turns forward and backward. I imagine I will rub with some articulation but haven’t had it yet in the fire road I took yesterday. I will be swapping wheels but I will have a bit of fun until then. Also didn’t swap the spare since I am waiting for the IAG tire carrier hinges that just came out. I’ll post some pics later.

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All good! I ordered my lift but waiting for it to arrive is killing me. I decided to just mount my 37’s to the stock wheels lol. No rub at all on the streets. Even U-Turns forward and backward. I imagine I will rub with some articulation but haven’t had it yet in the fire road I took yesterday. I will be swapping wheels but I will have a bit of fun until then. Also didn’t swap the spare since I am waiting for the IAG tire carrier hinges that just came out. I’ll post some pics later.

Did you do RPG collars or the RC SAS lift people say work? I have my wheels already (17x9 +0), but opted to just toss the factory 35's back on until I can decide how to lift it. I really don't want to add preload with the collars, but I am getting impatient waiting for someone, anyone to release a full hoss 3.0 approved lift outside of collars :/

353655067_783581136583510_7156037589230559000_n.jpg

Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Did you do RPG collars or the RC SAS lift people say work? I have my wheels already (17x9 +0), but opted to just toss the factory 35's back on until I can decide how to lift it. I really don't want to add preload with the collars, but I am getting impatient waiting for someone, anyone to release a full hoss 3.0 approved lift outside of collars :/

353655067_783581136583510_7156037589230559000_n.jpg
Went with collars for now but may swap later. I’m going with RTR Evo 6 17x9 +0 I just already had the 37’s from my BRaptor. I have RPG Collars on my BRaptor now and they perform well. No issues on or off road.

Here is a pic with no lift. You honestly only need a 1.5 up front if you are close to the stock offset. I have a 1 finger gap from the front and rear crash bars. The collars will give me 1.75-2” lift.

IMG_1150.jpeg
IMG_1148.jpeg

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Went with collars for now but may swap later. I’m going with RTR Evo 6 17x9 +0 I just already had the 37’s from my BRaptor. I have RPG Collars on my BRaptor now and they perform well. No issues on or off road.

Here is a pic with no lift. You honestly only need a 1.5 up front if you are close to the stock offset. I have a 1 finger gap from the front and rear crash bars. The collars will give me 1.75-2” lift.
Actually thats not terrible without the lift. I still want the lift though.

Ryan Feilner

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I just called fabtech and they stated they scrapped the Hoss 3.0 lift they were going to release with all the supply constraints and lower….. 😡

Guess I have to do a 2.5 RPG lift for now….

Ryan Feilner

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I just called fabtech and they stated they scrapped the Hoss 3.0 lift they were going to release with all the supply constraints and lower….. 😡

Guess I have to do a 2.5 RPG lift for now….
Supply constraints and Hoss 3.0 lower volume of manufacturing numbers.
Sponsored