First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reserved September 2020 and picked up today! Wildtrak HOSS 3.0 4 door with high package, mod bumper, and underbody protection. Here are a few suspension and tie-rod pics. Snapped them quick and can add more this week.

I also noticed that the Wildtrak logo has been modified on hoss 3.0 Bronco's. Orange trimmed mountains have been added.

IMG_20220628_144801_02.jpg
20220628_192652.jpg

Bronco Hoss 3.0 Suspension.jpg

Bronco Hoss 3.0 Suspension 1.jpg

Bronco Hoss 3.0 Suspension 2.jpg
Did it come with a rear steel bumper?
Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Any guesses on how much to do a entire front suspension swap to 3.0? Rack + Pinion and tie rods, since that seems to be the failure point. My guess is 1000 bucks for parts and 2000 for labor. lol.
I would still probably do it.

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Suspension Bronco Wildtrak Brought Home Today! (Photos) 1656853483379

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can make a badlands a wildtrak but you can't make a wildtrak a badlands...wildtrak looks the best...but sway bar disconnect is key for anything besides dune running. When you disconnect offroad there is a noticeable difference in ride quality and articulation. Sometimes I'll be going down a trail and think damn this is rough...push the button and boom. Night and day. Those are some purty shocks though.
They make a simple kit so you can manually disconnect the sway bar. I dealt with it in my Jeep for almost a decade. I'd WAYYY rather have the stronger steering rack than a fancy button on the dash that adds about 2 inches of extra travel.

Sponsored

ColoradoChris

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak HOSS 3.0!!
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My day 2 reservation wildtrak w/hoss 3.0 should be arriving in the next few weeks. Can you tell me what the expected 'discount' is since I was able to keep my price protection for ordering early. I'm just not sure what discounts I should expect. Thanks and looks great! I can't wait.

tripjammer

Wildtrak
First Name
tripjammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How the the HOSS 3.0 ride? There ain’t no reviews on it on YouTube yet! kinda crazy ain’t nobody took their HOSS 3.0 out on the trails or dunes yet! Somebody out there with 5 broncos probably got a HOSS 3.0 and they can compare it with their First Edition!

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They make a simple kit so you can manually disconnect the sway bar. I dealt with it in my Jeep for almost a decade. I'd WAYYY rather have the stronger steering rack than a fancy button on the dash that adds about 2 inches of extra travel.
This is not a clear decision. The auto sway bar disconnect allows you to engage it while under load. The manual ones you cannot. So, yes, you can get out and get under the vehicle and disengage it, but then you need to get back under there and reconnect.

The auto is really a lot easier, and more functional.

As far as HOSS parts to add...yes, they can be done and at a price, but once done, there's nothing to be switched, turned on/off, etc...

Now we have the MGV and the wash out floors, that I, for one, think are really, really good for a vehicle that is going to be open, rained in, have soccer kids, etc....

The GOAT modes...eh...sport....vs. rock crawling. I'd likely be in eco mode most all the time on the highway so the sport so that's not a big deal. People talk about Forscan to unlock the GOAT modes...I'll assume Ford frowns on this, or no?

It all depends what you want but the auto sway bar disconnect is far harder to add on after...you'd have to go with a manual....adding HOSS parts is one and done...

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Jennwright @TRH to be open with you both, I didn’t get a lot of back and forth updates from them. One fella was open with me and said they get mountains of update requests on orders. I was content to track it myself using methods here on the forum (modules, shipping tracker). Then my First Edition showed up on a truck early and I got a text from the owner. Here’s what you can bet on, there will be no price tricks and hassle when you take delivery. I had to manage my expectations on communication.
Glad to hear! I also ordered from Two Rivers Ford.

OP
OP
brentutk

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My day 2 reservation wildtrak w/hoss 3.0 should be arriving in the next few weeks. Can you tell me what the expected 'discount' is since I was able to keep my price protection for ordering early. I'm just not sure what discounts I should expect. Thanks and looks great! I can't wait.
There's a great price protection flow chart on this message board, and it was accurate for me. I got $825 because I had a black diamond reserved as of the end of the my21 period. And I received $1750 to cover the mid year price increase.

Sponsored

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is not a clear decision. The auto sway bar disconnect allows you to engage it while under load. The manual ones you cannot. So, yes, you can get out and get under the vehicle and disengage it, but then you need to get back under there and reconnect.

The auto is really a lot easier, and more functional.
I just disconnect it in the a.m. before heading out to the trail. And then reconnect it in the parking lot before heading home About 5 minutes of my time spent. Why would I wait until a wheel is off the ground to push a button?
I've been wheeling for over 20 years, never needed a button on the dash. Kind of a joke feature if you ask me.

More functional? huh?

More functional than my old TJ? That thing could flex pretty nicely.
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Suspension Bronco Wildtrak Brought Home Today! (Photos) IMG_0095

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just disconnect it in the a.m. before heading out to the trail. And then reconnect it in the parking lot before heading home About 5 minutes of my time spent. Why would I wait until a wheel is off the ground to push a button?
I've been wheeling for over 20 years, never needed a button on the dash. Kind of a joke feature if you ask me.

More functional? huh?

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Suspension Bronco Wildtrak Brought Home Today! (Photos) IMG_0095
That's a nice looking rig you have there....

You may be used to manual sway bar connect and that's awesome...tha'ts all Jeep has...however, if I can get the HOSS installed for far better 'parts' and already have an auto sway bar disconnect in there along with a rock crawl mode, it's easier for my needs. I also really do not want a carpet flooring...I intend to get this thing wet and they should offer the MGV and floors with plugs on all the models, imho.

I love the HOSS but I lean more towards the Badlands 'easier to clean up' approach. The Raptor is my first choice, but the 3 inches on each side of the garage for getting in and out makes me nervous...

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More functional? huh?

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 Suspension Bronco Wildtrak Brought Home Today! (Photos) 8E043C5E-F459-4965-BB51-60B0E09661C2
Not a joke feature, a luxury feature.
Beats lying on the ground, but not necessary with quick-disconnect options available. It is nice to have when you're making a quick detour across some forest service roads but again, not necessary.

Sta-bar disconnect and upgraded steering should be options on top of Sasquatch.

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sta-bar disconnect and upgraded steering should be options on top of Sasquatch.
Yes. A button would save 4 minutes every few weeks or so. And sure, it would be a luxury. But not a necessity. Totally agree with you that the 3.0 should be an option on the Badlands. I'd like to have a steel rear bumper, but also plan to replace it with aftermarket.
Sponsored