steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok Dallas has a similar thread so thought I'd start one for Houston. I'd like to hear everyone's experience with Houston dealers in the past or as part of the Bronco ordering process.

This will be my first Ford so I was starting from scratch. Did some very quick internet research when i decided to put in my reservation and went with Joe Myers on 290. I'm on the west side of town.

Received the form reservation acknowledgement email from the GM. Received a text that "assigned" my dealer contact. Called today and spoke with the internet sales manager. Nice guy and was knowledgeable.

He said there will be no ADM. He said they would honor x-plan pricing if it was available but he was doubtful that it would be (contrary to some of what I'd read here). And he said that the dealer doesn't get much better information that we do, but that they would be in touch when they knew more about ordering. Overall first impression was just fine.

Oh and he said they currently had 76 reservations for their dealership.

Please post up and all opinions of Houston dealers.
Sponsored

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™m new to Ford as well. I talked to Autonation Gulf Freeway and they didnā€™t comment on X plan. I also talked to McRee who said that they will honor X-plan pricing if the Bronco qualifies (which it will). The First Edition is the only one that most likely wonā€™t qualify for X plan.

The Bronco isnā€™t a GT350 or GT500. Itā€™s an entire new model with multiple trim levels. In other words, itā€™s a normal vehicle that will be a part of normal production and will qualify for x plan. I wouldnā€™t worry about about having to pay over msrp if you have a reservation and x plan eligibility.

Phil_68w10

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm over on the East side of town and my dealer is Chastang Ford. I've been to Baytown Ford for maintenance on my F150, and Planet Ford up off 59. Chastang seems to be really nice and the salesman has reached out a couple times asking some general questions.

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I reserved at Russell & Smith. communication has been somewhat shit on their part. i did manage to speak to whoever picked up the phone in the sales department yesterday and he said X plan will "probably" be honored, and he doesn't know yet if they will charge ADM.
i'll give them some more time to get their shit together since the build site isn't up yet.

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m currently reserved at Tomball Ford. I have spoken to the guy in charge of the Bronco reservations and he took my reservation number to make sure it matched what was in their system. Went over how it was going to work as far as order late 2020, delivery in spring 2021. I asked about ADM and he said absolutely not they will be at MSRP at the highest. I did not ask about X-Plan but I got warm fuzzies just on that so unless I can get a smoking deal somewhere else Iā€™ll probably stick with Tomball Ford. Another advantage is they are only 5 minutes from my house.

Sponsored

GRPinehurst

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™m currently reserved at Tomball Ford. I have spoken to the guy in charge of the Bronco reservations and he took my reservation number to make sure it matched what was in their system. Went over how it was going to work as far as order late 2020, delivery in spring 2021. I asked about ADM and he said absolutely not they will be at MSRP at the highest. I did not ask about X-Plan but I got warm fuzzies just on that so unless I can get a smoking deal somewhere else Iā€™ll probably stick with Tomball Ford. Another advantage is they are only 5 minutes from my house.
Spoke with Jorge as well. He confirmed x-plan will be honored.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I originally reserved with Mac Haik on I-10, but someone there said that will probably have 5-15k ADM!!! I moved my reservation to Tommie Vaughn in the Heights. At Sticker and will honor X-plan. Very good communication so far.

butler.bc

Big Bend
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I reserved at Tommie Vaughn Ford as well. Someone connected me with a sales rep, Christy, who has been pretty good so far.

Sponsored

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've had good experiences with Tommie Vaugh, and if you don't mind heading towards Galveston McRee Ford, or Mac Haik in Pasadena. I reserved at Mac Haik and they have confirmed no ADM and I have seen McRee has as well. If you go to McRee ask for Jeff Kuhl, I've bought several vehicles from him and is a stand up guy.

butler.bc

Big Bend
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Were you at Tommie Vaughn before switching over? I've gone back and forth on that Texas Group offer. I have the info, I just haven't made the call.

OP
OP
steverollin

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here. Switched yesterday to the group buy. I've had enough of these Houston dealers. I try every time but have bought my last 5-6 cars our of the city and state as a result.
Sponsored