Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a part number someone can share for the shorter Ford Performance ARB boards? I can't find them on Ford's site.

Edit: Found it M-1830-RB
Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I plan on just doing the straps on the spare tire and just taking them on and off as needed. Don't have any interest storing them inside.

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

has no one come up with a mount to angle them on a roof rack like this

39AC1B1C-44A0-4E04-A1F0-0A7B227324F1.png

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks but I don't want to put dirty traction boards inside the Bronco. Plus I want to maximize storage space inside. Appreciate the suggestion though.
Plastic bag and inside in the rare case you actually use them and they get dirty. They are secure and out of the way..of course they don't look as cool because everyone else can't seem them as you drive around.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DangerMTBBronco

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am using the roof mounted option. I find its just the simplest solution, its never in the way, its always accessible, etc.

OP
OP
DangerMTBBronco

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plastic bag and inside in the rare case you actually use them and they get dirty. They are secure and out of the way..of course they don't look as cool because everyone else can't seem them as you drive around.
Do you really overland if people cant see your recovery boards, awning and rtt driving around town having not camped in month's? 🤣

space is the biggest reason for getting them outside for me I only mount them when going camping. I ended up getting the Expedition Essentials mount.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you really overland if people cant see your recovery boards, awning and rtt driving around town having not camped in month's? 🤣

space is the biggest reason for getting them outside for me I only mount them when going camping. I ended up getting the Expedition Essentials mount.
Since I'm still waiting for my Bronco, in my jeep I have those XP roll cage bags, to which I ran a rack across the top of those. Basically turned the ceiling of my cargo area into something I can attach things to...my recover boards are up there. Barely see them through the rear glass, dont interfere with the rear view.

Hoping to do the same with the Bronco

OP
OP
DangerMTBBronco

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I'm still waiting for my Bronco, in my jeep I have those XP roll cage bags, to which I ran a rack across the top of those. Basically turned the ceiling of my cargo area into something I can attach things to...my recover boards are up there. Barely see them through the rear glass, dont interfere with the rear view.

Hoping to do the same with the Bronco
Nice! Sounds like a good storage solution. I went with the JCR rear cargo shelf route to get more vertical storage. You are going to love your new Bronco once it gets here. The one thing compared to Jeep is the aftermarket is not as vast with solutions yet, but will catch up.

Sponsored

sameoldeddie

Wildtrak
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didn’t do any cutting on those ARB boards. They’re ARB Tred GT which are slightly shorter than ARB Tred Pro and the Maxtrax boards, and they fit perfectly.

Here’s the GT boards compared to the Maxtrax boards in red
Ford Bronco How are you mounting your recovery boards 39AC1B1C-44A0-4E04-A1F0-0A7B227324F1

And here’s the uncut board measurements on my Bronco. Pretty much 42” long
Ford Bronco How are you mounting your recovery boards 39AC1B1C-44A0-4E04-A1F0-0A7B227324F1
Love the mount and the way these boards look with the cactus gray. Are these the military green color? Have you been happy with the traction they provide?

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

it's insane that there are a ton of great tailgate reinforcement options and none have a mount for boards. i don't want them on unless i'm going offroading.

love the mount posted here but you need the top removed. i agree, don't want to deal with them inside. it's a shitshow if you do use them and need to try to bag them.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

it's insane that there are a ton of great tailgate reinforcement options and none have a mount for boards. i don't want them on unless i'm going offroading.

love the mount posted here but you need the top removed. i agree, don't want to deal with them inside. it's a shitshow if you do use them and need to try to bag them.
That hammer built one has an accessory mount that is kind of universal and might give something to work with for mounting boards

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not sure what you mean by needing the top removed.? The brackets and the boards fit fine with the top in place.
Ford Bronco How are you mounting your recovery boards C87991F4-508C-49F8-99BD-A1CA25FF0A81

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the mount and the way these boards look with the cactus gray. Are these the military green color? Have you been happy with the traction they provide?
I’m not sure what the name of this color is, but yes, they are the military green color. I’ve only used them once to recover another vehicle out of a stream crossing, and they worked great.
Sponsored