Sponsored

How Bad Is The Reflection From The Front Hood When Driving?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine was wheeled out and cerama coated. Never heard of such a issue.
Just offering any reason why s hood would be more reflective on a Bronco than on any other vehicle. Too much shine for the OP, maybe they never had a waxed vehicle before? Maybe they need to buy those Tactical shades advertised on TV. Or move further north (or extreme south as in Argentina) where the Sun never gets over a certain height which would cause reflection. I think the closer to the equator the higher the reflection. Trade Alabama (I have no clue where he lives) for Ontario and see the reflection drop
Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm still deciding on what color I want to get and saw this video:

Is the reflection from the hood as bad as it is in this video? Does it bother anyone? I think it would bother me after about 10 seconds of driving and my eyes would keep trying to ignore it but I would just end up glancing at it even more.

Would some colors have less reflection? I'm deciding between Iconic Silver, Cyber Orange and Red Hot Pepper.
I just use it as a gauge to admire my hard work in detailing it in our balmy Arizona climate..... other than that I haven't noticed any glare discomfort in my one year in the Cactus Grey

Saw4Fire

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Is the reflection from the hood as bad as it is in this video? Does it bother anyone? I think it would bother me after about 10 seconds of driving and my eyes would keep trying to ignore it but I would just end up glancing at it even more.

Would some colors have less reflection? I'm deciding between Iconic Silver, Cyber Orange and Red Hot Pepper.
Cyber Orange is gone in MY2023.

I have had five big Broncos over the years. All were white. One was a two-tone with a grey hood. It was such an improvement that I started having the white hoods painted gray, as you can see in my avatar.

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s worse. Now that the sun sets earlier, on my western pointing drives, the sun is in your eyes thru the windshield and also bounces off the hood. Visor solves the direct glare, need a hand to block the glare off the flat hood. Annoying - looking for a solution like a matte finish decal or something.

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'll notice it but its not crazy bad and you'll get used to it. I just spent the $63 and got some vinyl wrap and did the hood and sides. Took about 3hrs by myself, wish i had an extra set of hands, but no more reflection

2F4A1463-09E3-48E2-A151-F2F9C8BA95FA.jpeg
2C9D1B90-4251-416C-B97B-543214E20E21.jpeg
You did a great job - looks good!

Reactions: djp

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would you be looking at the hood when driving on the e-way, or any other road for that matter. Pay more attention to your phone and this problem will go away!!

Ashallyb96

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Nissan Altima, 2005 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Driving east at 7:30am can be painful lol.

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A51, blinding when sun is low and in front of me. Literally hold up my hand to block it when it is at its worst.

BHD2012

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Subaru Outback, 2012 Hyundai Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'll notice it but its not crazy bad and you'll get used to it. I just spent the $63 and got some vinyl wrap and did the hood and sides. Took about 3hrs by myself, wish i had an extra set of hands, but no more reflection

This looks great. Awesome job!

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This looks great. Awesome job!
thx.. seriously anyone can do it just watch some you tube vids . About 1000x easier with 2 peeps, prolly an hour job with 2. Took me 3hrs alone for hood and sides with stripe

was only $63 total

Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Wish I could take my top off like that and drive right out with it suspended. I can't even get my Bronco in the garage, too damn tall. Great idea though.

• Haha
Reactions: djp

BHD2012

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Subaru Outback, 2012 Hyundai Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thx.. seriously anyone can do it just watch some you tube vids . About 1000x easier with 2 peeps, prolly an hour job with 2. Took me 3hrs alone for hood and sides with stripe

was only $63 total
Where did you buy the vinyl? Amazon? I think I'm going to give it a try. Thanks!

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where did you buy the vinyl? Amazon? I think I'm going to give it a try. Thanks!
This is what I purchased:
Make sure you have a heat gun and blade

Amazon

(1) VViViD+ Satin Black Premium Adhesive Vinyl Wrap Film (6ft x 5ft)
(1) VViViD+ Satin Finish Premium Adhesive Vinyl Wrap Film (4ft x 5ft (Black))

.... or a single 10x5 would do it all

Amazon

(1) heat gun: $18
Genesis GHG1500A 12.5 Amp Dual-Temperature Heat Gun Kit with High and Low Settings, Air Reduction Nozzle, Reflector Nozzle, and Two Deflector Nozzles

(1) vinyl kit $8 (knife, cutter, zippy, etc..)
Vehicle Vinyl Wrap Window Tint Film Tool Kit Include 4 Inch Felt Squeegee, Retractable 9mm Utility Knife and Snap-off Blades, Zippy Vinyl Cutter and M

Last edited:

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what I purchased:
Make sure you have a heat gun and blade

Amazon

(1) VViViD+ Satin Black Premium Adhesive Vinyl Wrap Film (6ft x 5ft)
(HOOD)

(1) VViViD+ Satin Finish Premium Adhesive Vinyl Wrap Film (4ft x 5ft (Black))
(CUT in 1/2 for each side)

(1) heat gun: $18
Genesis GHG1500A 12.5 Amp Dual-Temperature Heat Gun Kit with High and Low Settings, Air Reduction Nozzle, Reflector Nozzle, and Two Deflector Nozzles

(1) vinyl kit $8 (knife, cutter, zippy, etc..)
Vehicle Vinyl Wrap Window Tint Film Tool Kit Include 4 Inch Felt Squeegee, Retractable 9mm Utility Knife and Snap-off Blades, Zippy Vinyl Cutter and M
Sponsored