Sponsored

How Exaggerated Are Claims of Vinyl Seats Being Bad?

Deleted member 13817

Since you have seen it in person.... are the seats themselves comfortable?
It is nothing like what you would picture vinyl (leather looking- or bar stool material). I was blown away by the vinyl. It has a texture look similar to the small checker pattern you see in wall paper. It is extremely comfortable to the touch. I would intuitively think after touching it that it would be cooler in sunlight than leather seats. It wasn't even on my radar until I saw it.
Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love modern vinyl ("synthetic leather") seating. It looks like new, year after year, with no special care required. I'd pick it every time on every vehicle, given the option.

I simply can't comprehend why Ford would tease us with white/light gray vinyl seating in the launch video (perfect for a topless vehicle in the sun) and then only offer it in black (not good for a topless vehicle in the sun). I'm seriously miffed about this.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
We're talking about marine grade vinyl right? I assume this is the same material found on boats. It does get a little hot if left out in the sun but also seems like a pretty durable product. I'm in the same position as OP, I want the BD for wash out and vinyl seats for the washing but BB also seems like a great option with the same set up but instead of vinyl/washout you get option of those cool headlights.

Jjirish

Badlands
First Name
Jjirsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is nothing like what you would picture vinyl (leather looking- or bar stool material). I was blown away by the vinyl. It has a texture look similar to the small checker pattern you see in wall paper. It is extremely comfortable to the touch. I would intuitively think after touching it that it would be cooler in sunlight than leather seats. It wasn't even on my radar until I saw it.
Ty... but I meant will my butt like sitting in the seats.... more of a seat design question....not material question.

Jjirish

Badlands
First Name
Jjirsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love modern vinyl ("synthetic leather") seating. It looks like new, year after year, with no special care required. I'd pick it every time on every vehicle, given the option.

I simply can't comprehend why Ford would tease us with white/light gray vinyl seating in the launch video (perfect for a topless vehicle in the sun) and then only offer it in black (not good for a topless vehicle in the sun). I'm seriously miffed about this.
Totally agree! I wanted the white for top off days esp! Black seats added a con on my list

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since you have seen it in person.... are the seats themselves comfortable?
I didnt get to sit inside but did molest them. They have excellent cushioning and the material itself is soft. If I sat in it I wouldnt know it was vinyl and it actually feels softer than my Katzkin covered Fusion and C7 Corvettes factory leather. Its leather without texture basically.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ty... but I meant will my butt like sitting in the seats.... more of a seat design question....not material question.
No more or less "swassy" than leather, in my experience. The dark color will be the biggest downside with the top off.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take everything you know or read about vinyl and throw it off Black Bear Trail... This MGV is not like typical vinyl. It actually has kind of a stretched fabric feel to it. It's not like leather that would burn your legs with the top off. Hopefully people will have a chance to feel it for themselves before ordering. Felt it at Celebration East. I was sold after initially thinking there's no way I would have vinyl.

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not sure "leather" is what you think it is. Most seem to be the cheapest cuts, with a pressed in grain, and then it's just painted. Man made stuff is probably softer and longer lasting, plus water proof.

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I completely agree... The hardest thing is trying to describe it.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's not boat vinyl... Has an almost fabric feel to it.
Is it that not just because of the texture? I would think it would still be a similar material, just textured so it feels nicer.

I haven't seen it obviously. There won't be any Broncos within a few thousand miles of me until they start shipping...

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's really hard to explain it. I felt it at Celebration East and still can't quite articulate what it's like. Even my picture doesn't really show it well.

Ford Bronco How Exaggerated Are Claims of Vinyl Seats Being Bad? IMG_20201007_121423

Deleted member 13817

I thought the seat was comfortable. I only briefly sat in the front seat. They actually weren't letting the public sit in the Bronco's because of Covid. Maybe a little on the firm side.
Sponsored