Sponsored

How many doors should the Bronco 6G have?

How many doors should the Bronco 6G have?

• 2 doors only

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • 4 doors only

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • 2 and 4 door models

Votes: 109 60.9%

• Total voters

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
Whether the truck is a 2-door model or a 4-door model will depend on what the company (Ford) wants to communicate. If it turns out to be a 2 door model, they are communicating that there may be potential for the new truck to be a truly off-road capable vehicle. If it turns out to be a 4-door model, they are communicating that the truck will be marketed towards those who rarely ever leave the pavement, but want to capitalize on the Bronco's name and boast of their vehicle's off-road capability. Just like the 4-door Jeep. If this is the case, it will not be taken seriously as an off-road capable vehicle, and will cater to the grocery-getter wannabes.
Good points, and shows a compelling reason for Ford to bring out both a 2 and 4 door Bronco to cover the largest demographic of buyers while also giving it true off roading abilities instead of just being an SUV with an off-road capable image. The chassis / platform development costs will be pretty similar if they decide to do just one model versus both, so might as well do both.
Sponsored

capitbull

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 CC SB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they're smart, they'll discontinue the front-wheel-drive/no-frame-having Explorer and badge a new 4-door version of the new truck with its name, and leave the 2-door model with its proposed "Bronco" moniker. The ranger-based Explorer was a very useful vehicle.
If they are smart they will build both. A 2 door only model is not going to sell enough to make it past the bean counters, even with sharing costs with the Ranger. It'll allow the Jeep to continue unabated with basically no competition for its 4 door JKU which they sell in big numbers. The 2 door brings in sales for the 4 door and vice versa. There's also going to be a new Jeep pickup all which will add to the halo effect.

Ford needs to add more variants not less if it wants to take on the giant head on.

Jtw1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia soul
I would honestly like to see both versions. I'm not going to lie. I come here as a Jeep guy, I have owned 2, I've never had the privilege of owning a Bronco but have always loved the way they look. After seeing the pictures and hearing the rumors that Ford was releading a new Bronco, and I am going to be in the market for a new vehicle. Was looking at a wrangler, I became extremely excited. Please don't let us down Ford. And please make 1 in a standard. Some Of US Are Still men.

4Wheeler

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I too was in the market for a Wrangler but these Bronco 6G rumors have made that search come to a dead halt. I've been hoping/praying for a Bronco return for years and it feels like it is finally happning. It doesn't matter if it is 2 or 4 door for me. Just that it is sufficiently rugged, can genuinely off-road, comes with a stick shift, and I can take off the roof occasionally.

Sponsored

Greyman

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Couldn't have said it better myself.

It went out 2-door and should comeback 2-door. The 4-door craze is typical American excess, but still, Ford needs to sell the thing to keep it on the market. The demand for a 4-door will inevitably grow. When that happens they should go the Challenger/Charger route: Same platform, different styling. Yes, the back doors would be small, but dogs and babies are small.

JET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Patriot, 1997 Chrysler Sebring JX Convertible
How about 2 1/2? You really don't need a 4 door if you have a rear half door on the passenger side.

Broncowski

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Couldn't have said it better myself.

It went out 2-door and should comeback 2-door. The 4-door craze is typical American excess, but still, Ford needs to sell the thing to keep it on the market. The demand for a 4-door will inevitably grow. When that happens they should go the Challenger/Charger route: Same platform, different styling. Yes, the back doors would be small, but dogs and babies are small.
I agree but it could be said its partly because it went out a 2 door that production stopped no? Not only did they replace it with the 4 door Expedition but the next one will be based on the 4 door Ranger platform. And the Ford Everest which sells decent well overseas is probably the predecessor to the next Bronco. That's 5 doors.

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I want 2 doors like the previous gen.
Same here. But makes lots of business sense to also offer a 4 door. The 4-door Wrangler sales numbers are compelling.

Here's a question for you guys -- would it affect how you view the new Bronco if they offered both a 2 and 4 door version? Would it tarnish the image of it for you?

Sponsored

Smurph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 76 Bronco, 2008 GMC SIERRA2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone who has grown up off-roading in Broncos all my life, I am way more concerned about the drivetrain, axles, transfer case and locker options than the # of doors. If ford doesn't get this part right nothing else matters. I own 2 classic broncos, one is all stock and a great classic, the other is built for off-roading. I also have a sister and a good friend who both own jeep rubicons. There have been many times in the process of building my bronco to be as or more capable as their jeeps that I have thought about throwing in the towel and just getting a rubicon. Off the factory floor you can't buy a better set up. I have wheeled rubicon's stock and lifted and for all the modern amenities you get they are fantastic. If ford doesn't build a model to compete with this they are totally missing the boat with off-road enthusiasts, and might as well just keep building escapes and explorers. I can tell you that when we hit the trails my bronco overwhelmingly gets all the attention over the jeeps, but that is because it is a classic and unless at a bronco event I rarely see others out there, and I see few other classic vehicles as well. What I do see is numerous 1997 and newer jeeps, 2 and 4 door versions. I would love to see a new bronco with stylings that hark back to the first gen bronco much like the mustang has done. I believe many others would gladly welcome an option to the jeep. I advocate building both 2 and 4 door models. I love the classic look of 2 and also love the functionality of 4 doors. Both can be great and capable off-road vehicles, and for me that is the most important. The other feature Ford needs to make sure and incorporate is a removable top, the lack of this feature really hurt the Toyota FJ. Plus I know how awesome it is to wheel and ride around with the top off and even the doors. I hope Ford does it right, if they do I will definitely be at a dealership. I would buy a 4 door version if given the choice, put on a 4" lift and 35" tall tires and be ready to go to the Colorado mountains with my family