Sponsored

How many have owned lifted vehicles with 35+" tires?

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What tires are you running that are 35x10.5? I like my tires that same profile.

I ran 35s on a 79 f150 , and 87 and 05 jeeps. The 460 in the Ford made up for not re-gearing. I didn’t do gears on the 87 Jeep and it was a joke as far as usable power goes. Ran 4.88 gears on the 05 Jeep and power felt better than it did with stock 29” tires and 3.73 gears.

I will not go 37s on the new Bronco, even though the wheel wells look perfect for 37s from the factory. I swear they designed it to look most natural with 37s. Tires that size (heavy) wear out parts at a much, MUCH higher rate than even 35s. Lots of parts should be upgraded when running tires that big, and I’m not just talking gearing.

So even though the new Bronco looks like God intended it to come from the factory with 37s, mine will never see tires that big. 33s have been plenty for me as of late, but since I can get 35s from the factory, I’d be dumb not to, right?
Ya, I’m a fan of tall skinny Tire and prefer most RT tires over MTs. Currently running Kenda Klever RT KR601. Great tire for far, very well priced. They’re a soft compound but have worn evenly and less rapidly then I expected. Very well priced. I’d buy them again. Link below. Edit: they rule in the snow.

Yeah, I hear ya on the 37 thing.....still It would be sick.

https://simpletire.com/kenda-35-10.50r17-601015-tires
Sponsored

Rocket Rick

Wildtrak
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
35's and a 6 inch lift on my 2011 f150. My 16 year old boy is getting this next year when I get the Bronco.
Ford Bronco How many have owned lifted vehicles with 35+" tires? IMG_33001(1)

Bronkytonkman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC AT4 Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

35's and a 6 inch lift on my 2011 f150. My 16 year old boy is getting this next year when I get the Bronco.
Ford Bronco How many have owned lifted vehicles with 35+" tires? IMG_33001(1)
Man kids are lucky these days! Still debating what vehicle my kid is going to be co-driver on.....minimum $4k insurance on any POS to run as their own vehicle up here.....? "2nd driver" knocks it down to about $850/year.

jimmyt75

Badlands
First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
37s on my one ton swapped 79 bronco, 35s on my ram 2500 and 33s on my 78 f150 all drive great so i will for sure run 35s even if i dont get a squatch

Sponsored

Rocket Rick

Wildtrak
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Man kids are lucky these days! Still debating what vehicle my kid is going to be co-driver on.....minimum $4k insurance on any POS to run as their own vehicle up here.....? "2nd driver" knocks it down to about $850/year.
I bought it used for 15k, so the deal is he has to earn 7500 to buy it from me in a year and keep his gpa above a 3.0, or it gets sold. He immediately went out and got a job after school, lol.

NH-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon Hard Rock
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my Rubicon I have a 2" lift and run 35" BFG, A/T, K02's. 6 spd standard trans. This is my D.D. I commute 80 miles a day in traffic. I haven't had any issues. The A/T are perfect for me. I don't run M/T anymore because of the noise on the highway. I will be ordering the BD, 2.7, 10 speed auto, mid package and the Sasquatch. I will swap out the M/T for the A/T's as soon as I get it. This should be a great combo.

MarcTut

Outer Banks
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Honda Civic Si, '20 Colorado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Amazes me that none of you had issues with death wobble. Maybe its a Jeep thing but I put 35s on my Jeep Rubicon when it was still new and couldn't go 100 miles without an instance of major death wobble. I didn't care much cause the Jeep looked awesome...until a few instances where it almost killed me with oncoming traffic. I realize the independent suspension on the Bronco may protect against this, and that 35s or even 37s would look killer, but the bigger tires mean a lot more noise, greater wear on components, make your vehicle a lot slower, and put a hurt on mpg. I do a ton of highway driving so mine will probably just be keeping the stock 32" or 33" tires for a while. I'll be admiring all the monster Broncos out there though.

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Amazes me that none of you had issues with death wobble. Maybe its a Jeep thing but I put 35s on my Jeep Rubicon when it was still new and couldn't go 100 miles without an instance of major death wobble. I didn't care much cause the Jeep looked awesome...until a few instances where it almost killed me with oncoming traffic. I realize the independent suspension on the Bronco may protect against this, and that 35s or even 37s would look killer, but the bigger tires mean a lot more noise, greater wear on components, make your vehicle a lot slower, and put a hurt on mpg. I do a ton of highway driving so mine will probably just be keeping the stock 32" or 33" tires for a while. I'll be admiring all the monster Broncos out there though.
Only time I ever had death wobble was when something was misaligned or worn out on the front end, like a ball joint, or bushing, or something like my track bar angle didn’t match my draglink angle. Larger tires won’t inherently cause death wobble by themselves, but a number of other issues will if you lift your vehicle and everything isn’t aligned properly afterwards. Like you said, big tires wear parts/joints out faster though so eventually a rig might develop death wobble from bigger tires, or big tires might expose an existing problem that little tires kept hidden. But tires alone shouldn’t be an immediate cause of death wobble.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought it used for 15k, so the deal is he has to earn 7500 to buy it from me in a year and keep his gpa above a 3.0, or it gets sold. He immediately went out and got a job after school, lol.
Taking pride in ownership good on your son...

Better when they earn it...

Did that with mine as well...

Sponsored

MarcTut

Outer Banks
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Only time I ever had death wobble was when something was misaligned or worn out on the front end, like a ball joint, or bushing, or something like my track bar angle didn’t match my draglink angle. Larger tires won’t inherently cause death wobble by themselves, but a number of other issues will if you lift your vehicle and everything isn’t aligned properly afterwards. Like you said, big tires wear parts/joints out faster though so eventually a rig might develop death wobble from bigger tires, or big tires might expose an existing problem that little tires kept hidden. But tires alone shouldn’t be an immediate cause of death wobble.
That's interesting. My Jeep was relatively new when I lifted it and put on the 35s (~4k miles) so wear wasn't an issue. I had two mechanics look into alignment, etc for any issues and nobody could find anything. Having conversations with others at a few rock climbing events (where everyone is on lifted jeeps) it seemed like death wobble is just something that everyone with a Jeep deals with when you have an off-road rig on a highway, so I assumed my problem was the norm and not an outlier, but then it seems like everyone in this thread has had no issues so idk.

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's interesting. My Jeep was relatively new when I lifted it and put on the 35s (~4k miles) so wear wasn't an issue. I had two mechanics look into alignment, etc for any issues and nobody could find anything. Having conversations with others at a few rock climbing events (where everyone is on lifted jeeps) it seemed like death wobble is just something that everyone with a Jeep deals with when you have an off-road rig on a highway, so I assumed my problem was the norm and not an outlier, but then it seems like everyone in this thread has had no issues so idk.
There can be a million things that cause it so it can be like chasing your tail to track it down. Most cases I’ve seen are improper alignment of track bar and drag link. If they aren’t parallel to each other, you’ll get it for sure. The steeper those bars are, the worse you’ll get bump steer, but if they’re not operating on an identical plane, you’re pretty much guaranteed to get it.

MarcTut

Outer Banks
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There can be a million things that cause it so it can be like chasing your tail to track it down. Most cases I’ve seen are improper alignment of track bar and drag link. If they aren’t parallel to each other, you’ll get it for sure. The steeper those bars are, the worse you’ll get bump steer, but if they’re not operating on an identical plane, you’re pretty much guaranteed to get it.
Well, I dont expect to see it on a Bronco with the independent suspension. This is the main reason I'm happy they went that route. If I get to a place where I'm not driving so many highway miles, I'm sure my Bronco will end up getting some bigger tires too :) Hahaha

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I dont expect to see it on a Bronco with the independent suspension. This is the main reason I'm happy they went that route. If I get to a place where I'm not driving so many highway miles, I'm sure my Bronco will end up getting some bigger tires too :) Hahaha
Yep, won’t be an issue for Broncos, which is a beautiful thing.