Sponsored

How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect?

B-R-O-N-C-O

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Local dealer has a Velocity Blue Ranger on the lot. Drop dead gorgeous color, in both direct and overcast light.

It'll probably be what I order, but CG and CO are intriguing.

(Then again, I'm a 2022 7MT Sasquatch buyer, so the "new green" will probably upset my apple cart all over again.)
Sponsored

Battleborn

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok from a automotive painter the cg color is a light grey how ever it has white pearl in it so the color will flip flop based on the direction of the light (sun) and it will take on any color that is around it. And as far as a girly color its not any more girly than yellow ( cybor orange)

Mortigitempo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had chosen CG initially as some of the early photos looked amazing. Some recent photos I saw I wasn't too keen on it. I realize there are a lot of variables and that in person, it probably looks better but I decided today to change mine to Oxford White.

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Once I saw A51 next to my Grabber blue stang that eliminated it for me. It’s way too washed out and pale for my tastes

EA9F11D9-BA97-400A-9810-7397FDBF682C.jpeg
I hear you there, way to washed out. The dealer showed me an A51 Sport and I was very surprised, asking them how can Ford use a cool name for such a blah color. Not that it's bad, it just doesn't pop enough to deserve the name.

When I first heard Area 51, I was hoping for some kind of cool green. Aren't martians supposed be green?

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stared at a cactus grey ranger at dealer lot for 15 minutes. Looking away and back, in sun, in shade. All would shift the color perception significantly, not always pleasing to my eye. I believe it will be a unique, short lived color option and therefore date the vehicle, like metalic teal green camaro... Fly green jeep...

So like most things that confuse me, first I got angry, and then I killed it from my order... much better now.
That made me chuckle. Our dealer had Rangers in Velocity Blue, Carbonized Gray, Iconic Silver and Cactus Gray all at the same time. As we were looking at them, my wife kind of liked the Cactus Gray so we were contemplating changing our order to it. HOWEVER, when we got back into the car and looked at the Cactus Gray again, it had a lot more green in it. Confused, I rolled down the window and was again looking at a more slate gray color with the green hue gone. Then I rolled the window half way up so I could see half the vehicle above the window and half through the window. WOW, what a difference! It looks like the filters that exist in glass, including my phone camera, puts a green hue to the Cactus Gray color. Which makes sense when you look at the green in all of the internet photos and videos. All of these look more green than when you are there looking at the color without any glass between you and your eyes (including glasses of any kind). It was kind of a revelation to me to see and experience the difference.

We shook our heads and said, "We are definitely getting Velocity Blue!" Neither one of us liked the Cactus Gray after that.

Sponsored

B-R-O-N-C-O

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We shook our heads and said, "We are definitely getting Velocity Blue!" Neither one of us liked the Cactus Gray after that.
VB is a gorgeous and very interesting color in its own right. I looked at it today under snowy conditions, and it revealed a depth I hadn't seen before. It almost looked like Lightning Blue. Lovers of blue paint are really going to enjoy VB.

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Once I saw A51 next to my Grabber blue stang that eliminated it for me. It’s way too washed out and pale for my tastes

EA9F11D9-BA97-400A-9810-7397FDBF682C.jpeg
The year Ford offers the Bronco in Grabber Blue is the year I will hate myself for having bought a 2021. 😭

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went to the dealer this weekend because of this thread to check out a few colors as well as my ordered color Race Red. Holy cow, I hated it! I knew it had some orange in it but on a sunny day it look likes a pumpkin! nothing like the pictures I have seen on here which show it much more red tones. I also looked at most other colors including CG, A51, CG, Iconic, etc. I actually loved the CG color and I definitely see a hint of green on a sunny day. I had't even really considered that color before because its not my typical choice but I think it will look great with the contrast of the black accents on the Wildtrax so I am switching! Thanks for this thread or I may have winded up with a pumpkin!
You said CG twice. So I have no idea which CG you switched to!
dude that joke died about 250 days ago.
That's what you think...
Jealous ones still envy

There will be people making that joke for the first few years of the Bronco being on the streets. But honestly, eff those people

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I ran the Bronco department, I would have went to DuPont and asked them to produce a Cactus Gray that looked exactly like the initial rendering. I too went to se Earl local Ford dealers to see the colors in person CG is Gray. CO does tend to favor a yellow in the sun. Area 51 IMO is represented well on the B&P page. None of the other colors do anything for me except possibly white. My two door BL or OBX will be ordered in Cyber Orange. Attending a customer invitation to see the four and two doors in person at my dealer mid April. Need to get a real idea of height access ability for the better half. We both have reached “ geezer” age. Lol

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I went with Area 51 because at least that color doesn't look like every other gray/silver/white/black car on the road today. It's also not "school-bus" yellow like the CO. Considered Velocity Blue, but someone mentioned it just looks like a bud light can and now I can't think of anything different.

Would consider Race Red, but I live near UGA and there are too many damn Red cars around.
I ordered “school-bus” on a two door. But Area 51 was the safer but different choice both my wife and I like. If she had convinced me to go four door, it would have been Area 51 for sure - think it is the best of the group.

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I ran the Bronco department, I would have went to DuPont and asked them to produce a Cactus Gray that looked exactly like the initial rendering.
Another poster (on this thread I believe?) said his brother saw the original "launch video" Bronco in person and swears that the Cactus Gray on that Bronco is not the Cactus Gray they are actually offering today, which appears to be merely a rename of Fighter Jet Gray. Ford either screwed something up or intentionally decided to do a bait and switch on this color, and it's frustrating.

Itsmeclooney

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the CO works decently on the 2 door if I'm being honest. I think it looks terrible on 4 door though. Way too much of that color.

I ordered “school-bus” on a two door. But Area 51 was the safer but different choice both my wife and I like. If she had convinced me to go four door, it would have been Area 51 for sure - think it is the best of the group.