Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (eventually)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi all, quick question if it applies to you,
If you are getting a loan,
How much money you putting down?
will you be putting down 10% or will you be putting like 20k
Just wondering what everyone else is doing since some of us saving till our delivery day
I might just do like 5k-10k down lol
Sponsored

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$9k at least prior to tax. With tax around $13k. I'm halfway there now and will have all by May. Past that, I don't see a benefit. Every thousand down knocks off only a small portion per month. I want my monthly payment sub $700.

ETA a little below %20. I also plan on cutting the tax check separate a month later. I do consider it down payment/up front cost since the (once) Great State of Georgia decided to steal errr... tax the total at time of purchase.

Last edited:

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is completely dependent on your financial ability, brother. You should always strive to put 10% down when buying a vehicle as you will usually lock in the best rates based on your current credit score and report. Of course if you can put down more than 10% go for it. If you have a decent trade-in that will get you over the 10% hump, I'd use the cash you would have used for your down payment to pay your sales tax outright rather than adding the taxes to your financing. You'll pay less in interest that way. Trading in my truck alone gets me to 30% of the total cost knocked off. I'm still putting like $2k extra down on top of that and using my other $2k I've saved in cash to pay the sales tax on it.

mcalpal

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It depends on the loan term I get. The lower % the lower the down payment, but I intend to put around 20% of pre-tax cost down so it doesn't matter how long I finance that I will always be above board on it (even though I think it will depreciate slower than most vehicles).

Sponsored

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Waiting to see what interest rates will be at the time. If I can get less than 2% on a 48 month loan I'll only put 10K down. If rates are around 4 or higher I will double that. I hate paying interest.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is completely dependent on your financial ability, brother. You should always strive to put 10% down when buying a vehicle as you will usually lock in the best rates based on your current credit score and report. Of course if you can put down more than 10% go for it. If you have a decent trade-in that will get you over the 10% hump, I'd use the cash you would have used for your down payment to pay your sales tax outright rather than adding the taxes to your financing. You'll pay less in interest that way. Trading in my truck alone gets me to 30% of the total cost knocked off. I'm still putting like $2k extra down on top of that and using my other $2k I've saved in cash to pay the sales tax on it.
% down does not change the rate. If it does, find a different lender.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

% down does not change the rate. If it does, find a different lender.
Right now my CU has my rate locked at 2.49 (2.99 for non-veterans) which is the lowest rate based on credit score. If a member requesting a loan can put at least 10% down on the purchase of a new vehicle, they will take one full point off the interest rate of the loan. It's a way they incentivize putting a proper down payment on a vehicle and it lowers the risk of depreciation for both the borrower and the lender. Nobody wants to be upside down.

Sponsored

tnobull

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr BD Bronco + Salsa Journeyman Flat Bar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This will be the wife and Iʻs first car purchase over $25k (bought our Outback after graduating 6yrs ago) and would like to put down a minimum $10k total (cash and trade in). Don't have to worry about any tax payments due to living in Oregon either. Just gotta see if business can get back on track in early 2021, right now itʻs not looking likely.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Whatever it takes to have a $500 pmt. don’t have a trade in, just returning a lease. So looks to be 25k down with taxes and fees (2k of which will go towards aftermarket). So $23k. Only putting 5-8k miles a year and don’t want to see a 800-900/mo bill every month. We always lease. This will be the first purchase. Having a big car pmt comes to me as major sticker shock over and over again. While not the best finanical decision, I’d rather put a ton down just for my well being of having lower monthly bills.

Last edited:

92EddieBauer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas & Titan XD Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm taking money out of my 401k or reenlisting in the military where it's acceptable to drive something at 27% APR
Sponsored