First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy traverse
Your Bronco Model
Base
Varying amounts for refundable deposit? I was quoted $500..anyone else ...I'm still hunting for one but figure to have a build out there in case I strike out(which seems likely..:()
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
After the reservation debacle, Ford should've went with a $2000 conditional deposit (refundable if not built in 18 months).

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A reputable Ford dealer shouldnā€™t charge a deposit. If any do and say it isnā€™t refundable, walk away quickly. I had a day 2 reservation online with Ford ($100) but it was refunded when I switched dealers. I think there is another thread that shows dealers that charge MSRP (or not) etc. There are dealers who are charging above, but you should be able to find a decent one.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A reputable Ford dealer shouldnā€™t charge a deposit. If any do and say it isnā€™t refundable, walk away quickly. I had a day 2 reservation online with Ford ($100) but it was refunded when I switched dealers. I think there is another thread that shows dealers that charge MSRP (or not) etc. There are dealers who are charging above, but you should be able to find a decent one.
The majority of dealers of all makes and models require a deposit to order a vehicle.

Sponsored

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mullinax Ford in central Florida does not charge deposit.

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Varying amounts for refundable deposit? I was quoted $500..anyone else ...I'm still hunting for one but figure to have a build out there in case I strike out(which seems likely..:()
zero

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$0 for me, but I've bought four vehicles from this dealer.

I know for new customers and/or specific trims/models (ie. Bronco Raptor) they were requiring a deposit to ensure the customer serious about ordering. They encountered a lot of people who were submitting orders at multiple dealers to see which arrived first, and it wasn't fair to their other customers, so they used the deposit to weed out those types of customers.

But in general it's a very dealer-specific thing. And it does seem like most dealers are starting to ask for deposits to ensure their order holders are serious about buying.

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2023 Bronco Badlands, MSRP, $ 1,000 deposit, but it is refundable.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

500 once it was scheduled. Non refundable. Iā€™m not sure why this is an issue? When you decide to buy a house, they expect money in escrow that is not returned if you bale. But I get it, there are many on here putting in orders at multiple dealers. I wouldnā€™t want to put a deposit on something I wasnā€™t really planning on buying either.

Sponsored

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

$100 reservation + $900 upon order. Refundable.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I agree that a reputable dealer does not need a down payment, I also FIRMLY believe a mutually agreeable contract protects both parties involved.
I'm NOT A LAWYER....
But , having an exchange of currency shown on the pricing document will go a VERY long way to improving your legal footing if they were to try any dealer shenanigans.
The $15,000 mark up some of these places are getting is a strong lure to get some of these dealers to turn away from their all ready weak morals. And all of sudden, your Bronco shows up yet they agreed to "only" MSRP, they see that as leaving $15k on the table and you're over a table because you have already waited years or months for this build to get done.

Mine have been $500 down. One at order time, one requires it when it gets a build date/ scheduled/ VIN. I would find $1000 acceptable also.
I love the fact that you can "re-confirm" the deal WITH a VIN later. At that point the contract is specifying "THIS" singular vehicle , not just some unknown random identical build vehicle.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

$400 refundable for me, and it obviously went toward my down payment (as did my $100 reservation fee).

recklesschewie

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg - TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
$1000 refundable. Goes towards total cost of the vehicle.

OrlandoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mullinax Ford in central Florida does not charge deposit.
I got with them last week about putting in an order on Monday, they told me a person from the sales team would get with me on my order. Emailed one of the sales guys, Derek, nothing but crickets. Believe it or not same thing with town and country ford.
Sponsored