First Name
FAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco'21 /Raptor'22 / Silverado 2500'22
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a problem with the traction control/advancetrac.

it hinders the vehicles performance in the sand/snow, i was recovering a vehicle with a heavy load i couldnt reach the angle i wanted due to the traction.

I have made some research into how to disable the fuses but couldnt find anything.

Has anyone figured out how to disable it through the fuse box permemnantly like our friends in the raptor forums?

or is there a way to disable it through forscan or any other permenant way?
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It also works really well in snow/ice in certain situations. I haven't come out of 2wd in weeks and our roads have been iced over the whole time. The disable hero switch is the best of both worlds.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a problem with the traction control/advancetrac.

it hinders the vehicles performance in the sand/snow, i was recovering a vehicle with a heavy load i couldnt reach the angle i wanted due to the traction.

I have made some research into how to disable the fuses but couldnt find anything.

Has anyone figured out how to disable it through the fuse box permemnantly like our friends in the raptor forums?

or is there a way to disable it through forscan or any other permenant way?
Does the export model not have the disable switch on the hero panel? Should be the last one on the RH side

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hold down the traction control button on the hero panel for 7 or so seconds… unless you’ve tried that already.

OP
OP
Desert runner

Desert runner

First Edition
First Name
FAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I do know how to disable it from the hero switch but it still kicks in.
I am trying to disable it completly without it kicking in after a certain speed or when in sand,
The vehicle thinks you are drifting when in realtiy your just going over a dune and the back end of the vehicle has to lose a little grip the traction kicks in and ur throttle is limited and cant raise the RPM.

Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do know how to disable it from the hero switch but it still kicks in.
I am trying to disable it completly without it kicking in after a certain speed or when in sand,
The vehicle thinks you are drifting when in realtiy your just going over a dune and the back end of the vehicle has to lose a little grip the traction kicks in and ur throttle is limited and cant raise the RPM.
Are you sure you are pressing and holding for seven seconds with the Advancetrac disabled pop up (vs the traction control disabled)?

In my experience so far - snow vs sand, which won’t matter - press and hold completely disables the feature as expected

OP
OP
Desert runner

Desert runner

First Edition
First Name
FAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
i am disabling both traction and advancetrac through hero/traction switch and holding it for 7 secs untill the pop up adcancetrac disabled screen shows up, it still kicks in when the vehicle loses traction example if your going up a sand dune or going down one.

I had a sitation where my CV axle started clanking so i disabled 4H and the baja mode and had to switch to 2H for the remainder of the trip. the car is fully capable of offroading in sand without 4H we were going around 150-200 miles in the desert on a 3 day trip.
I couldnt fully switch off the traction always kicks in and in 2H u need traction completly off to be able to not get stuck due to limited power in the throttle.
The issue is when the traction kicks in no power can be sent to the wheels , got stuck 3 times due to the traction.

would really appriciate if anyone has a solution through removing a fuse. the toyota's who were with us in the trip have a separate fuse that is removed to disable the traction completly even though theres a button to disable it, it also kicks in.

In some situations you need it permanently off

Soundgarden

Badlands
First Name
The Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands-Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i am disabling both traction and advancetrac through hero/traction switch and holding it for 7 secs untill the pop up adcancetrac disabled screen shows up, it still kicks in when the vehicle loses traction example if your going up a sand dune or going down one.

I had a sitation where my CV axle started clanking so i disabled 4H and the baja mode and had to switch to 2H for the remainder of the trip. the car is fully capable of offroading in sand without 4H we were going around 150-200 miles in the desert on a 3 day trip.
I couldnt fully switch off the traction always kicks in and in 2H u need traction completly off to be able to not get stuck due to limited power in the throttle.
The issue is when the traction kicks in no power can be sent to the wheels , got stuck 3 times due to the traction.

would really appriciate if anyone has a solution through removing a fuse. the toyota's who were with us in the trip have a separate fuse that is removed to disable the traction completly even though theres a button to disable it, it also kicks in.

In some situations you need it permanently off
i dont have a solution but confirm that even when you remove advanced traction completely, it still kicks in whenever theres a moderate slipping condition and its annoying.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i dont have a solution but confirm that even when you remove advanced traction completely, it still kicks in whenever theres a moderate slipping condition and its annoying.
Interesting. I tried a bit today in deep snow in 2H with traction control off and couldn't get it to activate no matter how sideways I got.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Had this issue with my F-150. Only way I could get it to do a proper burnout was by unplugging a wheel speed sensor. Even with traction and advancetrac turned off if would pull power after seeing a certain wheelspeed.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You could try Fuse #23 in the engine bay - ABS system. Perhaps you'd trick the computer that way? Not sure what affect it would have on traction control, but you could give that a shot?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Are you sure you are pressing and holding for seven seconds with the Advancetrac disabled pop up (vs the traction control disabled)?

In my experience so far - snow vs sand, which won’t matter - press and hold completely disables the feature as expected
Nah, even "fully" disabling advanctrac still results in it constantly kicking in when it's slick out. It drives me insane.
Sponsored