Sponsored

How to: reduce obnoxiously loud turn signal sound (using FORScan)

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yet another topic we should be open minded enough to agree to disagree on.
Sponsored

Wraithracing

Outer Banks
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Personally I think its loud! Not so loud that its deafening, but definitely louder than my 2004 F250, my wife's 2015 Edge, and now her 2019 Nautilus. I can deal with it under normal driving conditions, but I won't use it if I am on the phone via Bluetooth as it is deafening to the person on the other end. Multiple people have complained as to how loud it is over the phone. I will definitely look into making the change in Forscan. Thanks to the original poster!

Last edited:

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow.

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How about changing the volume of any alerts after properly changing the rear speaker output with Forscan :oops::oops:
I didn't even notice the turn signal volume.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Funny complaint thread. Just here to add, when I first got my Bronco I remember thinking holy fuck that blinker is loud. Same for seatbelt warning chime. Then I changed out all my speakers, and now Iā€™m the guy who drives around with blinker on sometimes, so quiet I can barely hear it. Same for seatbelt chime.

Sponsored

JohnG

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 dr Basesquatch, 2022 2 dr Base 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Itā€™s loud, this is awesome. People comment on it when Iā€™m on the phone, they can hear it and ask what that loud sound is. Thanks for the tip!

Classic28

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Itā€™s definitely a lot louder than my wifeā€™s Nissan. I think the reasoning is because the noise is electronic and not coming from a turn signal relay buried under the dash like older cars used to. If the seatbelt chime comes on while the turn signal is on the signal sound is muted to chime the seatbelt warning. First time it happened I thought I switched off the turn signal.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just tried this and it doesn't seem to be any quieter. However, that was just with the ignition on and not running the engine. Has anyone else tried this and is the signal noticeably quieter? I'll see what it sounds like tomorrow.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It does seem to be a bit quieter now after driving, not super noticeable but before I wouldn't use my turn signals if my kids fell asleep, but now I might ;)

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally I think its loud! Not so loud that its deafening, but definitely louder than my 2004 F250, my wife's 2015 Edge, and now her 2019 Nautilus. I can deal with it under normal driving conditions, but I won't use it if I am on the phone via Bluetooth as it is deafening to the person on the other end. Multiple people have complained as to how loud it is over the phone. I will definitely look into making the change in Forscan. Thanks to the original poster!
Deafening? Are you talking on the phone to a golden retriever or something? šŸ’€

I would understand if you said that people can hear the turn signal through your phone call, but if it's deafening for them, you're definitely sustaining ear damage. šŸ˜:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Loco j 1

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4door outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Itā€™s loud, this is awesome. People comment on it when Iā€™m on the phone, they can hear it and ask what that loud sound is. Thanks for the tip!
Yeah when im on the phone with my wife, [its her truck i drive a f150] it sounds like a Clydesdale walking down a cobble stone road

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, someone mentioned the other day that it sounds like the clip clop of a horseā€™s hooves, now I canā€™t unhear that every time I use the turn signal.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I donā€™t think itā€™s loud. Can you you get my wife to stop talking?

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
my wifes volkwagon is louder then broncos. All new vehicles need to meet the standard.Is what it is and like others although annoying its for a few seconds and if I ended up not turning it would be left on indefinitely for the driver behind me to think I am turning at any moment.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, someone mentioned the other day that it sounds like the clip clop of a horseā€™s hooves, now I canā€™t unhear that every time I use the turn signal.
I saw that post and am in the same boat, drives me crazy :(
Sponsored