NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can also confirm the H2 is a heck of a good platform, being able to source from the duramax sled pullers for steering and suspension and having a factory 14 bolt rear and 9.25 front actually works well. 3/4 ton frame, standard rear locker, 315/70r17 standard tire size, standard rock rails. 2,200lb payload.

37s and even 38s can fit at stock height.

If your not afraid to do a little cutting 39.5s have been seen to fit without a suspension lift kit.
Sponsored

Last edited:

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
With all that said, while I love my H2, GM under Mary Barra has consistently failed to produce good products. I fully expect the electric Hummer to be a total failure.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The 6.0 they put in it has legendary reliability. Yeah it might blow exhaust manifold gaskets but it runs to 300k with routine maintenance.

Goocci gang

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jlu
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, after GM blew it with the new Blazer, there were rumors of a reborn GMC Jimmy as a Wrangler fighter built off of the Colorado chassis. That news sort of disappeared and then GM teased the return of HUMMER as a GMC vehicle/sub-brand. Iā€˜m not convinced that GM ever had a Jimmy rebirth in mind. For one, they never filed for a trademark of the name (which they did for HUMMER). So now that we know HUMMER is coming back as an electric SUT, how will GM screw it up... position this vehicle? Will it be a midsize competitor, a full-size monster, or something else entirely?

1595703517697.jpeg

1595703491594.png
The last commercial hummer was one of the biggest offroad disappointments ever. They literally did everything wrong. They are a complete joke

Goocci gang

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jlu
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can also confirm the H2 is a heck of a good platform, being able to source from the duramax sled pullers for steering and suspension and having a factory 14 bolt rear and 9.25 front actually works well. 3/4 ton frame, standard rear locker, 315/70r17 standard tire size, standard rock rails. 2,200lb payload.

37s and even 38s can fit at stock height.

If your not afraid to do a little cutting 39.5s have been seen to fit without a suspension lift kit.

We routinely pulled h2s out of Rausch creek. They can't crawl at all. Maybe they can go offroad down south or in Texas where it's flat, but they are complete garbage. Literally the last option if pick. I'd take any wrangler bronco taco k5 or even a samaui over those mini vans lol

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
We routinely pulled h2s out of Rausch creek. They can't crawl at all. Maybe they can go offroad down south or in Texas where it's flat, but they are complete garbage. Literally the last option if pick. I'd take any wrangler bronco taco k5 or even a samaui over those mini vans lol
What exactly makes an H2 any worse than any other SUV?
I canā€™t speak to your particular examples but Iā€™ve never seen an H2 with a proper set of tires have issues at Uwharrie or Tellico.

It is essentially the SUV version of the Powerwagon.

Goocci gang

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jlu
Your Bronco Model
Base
What exactly makes an H2 any worse than any other SUV?
I canā€™t speak to your particular examples but Iā€™ve never seen an H2 with a proper set of tires have issues at Uwharrie or Tellico.

It is essentially the SUV version of the Powerwagon.
Front axles seemed to blow at alarming rates offroad, tie rods breaking, entirely too wide for trails

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Front axles seemed to blow at alarming rates offroad, tie rods breaking, entirely too wide for trails
Everyone that drives an H2 knows about the large selection of Aftermarket tie rods including the following,

https://dmaxstore.com/products/?route=product/product&path=17_21_359_361_715&product_id=289

Unless your running 44ā€+ tires very hard your not going to break those.

The front diffs are rare to fail but do happen though failure is almost unheard of on 05.5+ trucks with the upgraded design.

Both of these issues are common on anything IFS running 37s+, certainly the H2 is no more common than tacos, Xterras, or even Wranglers for that matter blowing diffs with 37s.

Trail width is no worse than a full-size Bronco or K5.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Has GM ever made a Jeep worthy vehicle? I don't see it in their blood. Ford on the other had, yes. Not sure what took them this long. Maybe Jeep's 2018 refresh brought more interest to the segment.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks like an SUV version is also being shown. That, or itā€™s just a hardtop for the truck bed. Nice ground clearance. ?

Ford Bronco Electric HUMMER EV vs. Bronco 1596072565642

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like an SUV version is also being shown. That, or itā€™s just a hardtop for the truck bed. Nice ground clearance. ?

Ford Bronco Electric HUMMER EV vs. Bronco 1596072565642
I honestly do not think there is a market, and if there is Barraā€™s GM will miss the mark. Either this will be unibody - which instantly takes it out of the running for off-road ability, or they will find some other way to screw it up.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would also love a newer H2, but EV? No thanks.