Coda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Wildtrack, 2014 Ford Escape, 2010 350z
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I was telling my husband this morning about the news from yesterday regarding the chip shortage and the production delay. Now he wants me to sell my Bronco because he thinks we can make money on it. Yeah, probably, but I bought it because I wanted a Bronco. And if I sell it, who knows when I'll get another one. Plus I'd still have to go buy another car. He thinks I'm being silly wanting to keep it. But, I love it!
three things important to a marriage:

money
security
your bronco

sounds like a deal breaker to me :p;) ✌

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I was telling my husband this morning about the news from yesterday regarding the chip shortage and the production delay. Now he wants me to sell my Bronco because he thinks we can make money on it. Yeah, probably, but I bought it because I wanted a Bronco. And if I sell it, who knows when I'll get another one. Plus I'd still have to go buy another car. He thinks I'm being silly wanting to keep it. But, I love it!
Just tell him to put up the money for the $500 deposit at a dealer that sells at MSRP, and sure, you'll sell it when the new one comes in.

Broski5738

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Tell him to sell a Kidney, he’ll make about the same money but it will be less painful for him
i'm in the market for one if he goes through with this. type A positive. pm if interested

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Feels like a scam. If you have that much money to pay above MSRP couldn't an overseas buyer go through a dealer and have the vehicle shipped?
This sort of thing feels like it has the fingerprints of a Nigerian Prince on it.
No, it wasn’t a scam. The guy worked for a Grey Market importer dealing in JDM and Rovers. Sold American Muscle Cars in Europe and Middle East.

I knew they were going to box my Bronco but I wasn’t interested

I bought my Bronco to enjoy until I’m gone and then my future generations get to enjoy and drive while they’re friends have to charge their self-driving EVs and wonder what they’re missing.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Feels like a scam. If you have that much money to pay above MSRP couldn't an overseas buyer go through a dealer and have the vehicle shipped?
This sort of thing feels like it has the fingerprints of a Nigerian Prince on it.
While I agree that it sounds like a scam, most car manufacturers prohibit dealerships from selling to exporters and can even be reprimanded for knowingly selling to some one who is planning on exporting.

And to the OP, as has been pointed out already, not gonna be much return on a lower model and you will most likely spend any gains on a whatever you replace it with.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Unfortunately, I’m thinking you can get a lot more for a used car these days compared to what you can get for a used husband. Although, I must admit, my first wife made a killing in the divorce so there’s always that!

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Your husband must have a chip shortage if he suggested something so ridiculous.

Good news is, husbands are easier to find than Broncos.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
He's obviously not a car guy... It might be a lot of work, but you either have to convert him or let him go... ;)

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now where do you think my Base was going to wind up in either location? Dealer Lot or in a Conex Container heading OCONUS?
Stolen and in a conex box to bound for Costa Rica.