Sponsored

I can’t be the only one that LOVES this…..

eander

Big Bend
First Name
Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'll share my impressions after owning half a year...

< rant on> Agreed on the parking brake. Terrible location, especially with a manual trans where you have to lean forward to utilize it often. When you have ranch work and need to get in and out of the vehicle a lot its a pain. I realize that's where American trucks have had them forever, but it was never a problem with automatics or my manual F150 because you would just kick the brake on. Releasing didn't seem like you needed ape arms.
My biggest issue with the interior is also the parking brake. Two of the other vehicles that I still regularly drive are a 2004 F150 and 2009 Mazda B3000, both with manuals and mechanical brakes. Release lever is in a similar spot, but you pull up/towards you on the lever to disengage the brake. I can’t shake this muscle memory, so it’s like plugging in a USB - there’s a 50% shot of getting it right, and I get it wrong 100% of the time.

Otherwise, this is by far the nicest car interior I’ve ever had. Yes, the plastic scratches easily. Yes, I would rather have a different tach setup with my 7MT. But for me, this is the first car I’ve even had with a backup camera, so I feel like I’m in the lap of luxury! I guess it’s all what you’re used to… 🤷🏻‍♀️
Sponsored

srosenlaw

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW M235i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure if anyone chimed in on this before but the headlight situation isn't you banging your knee into the switch. It's a known flaw. Dealer first said "new switch per Ford." Eventually, the switch came in and now, it's not the switch but some internal issue that they hope to have a fix for in October.

..... and yes, the tach sucks.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ergonomics are great. I have put 16k miles on mine since December, including a 10 day 3100mi road trip and can say confidently that this is the best road tripping vehicle I have ever had and the interior (particularly seat comfort) is a huge contributor. Everything is thoughtfully placed and easy to reach.

That said, the materials are garbage. Super disappointed in the cheap, brittle, easily scratched plastic. The top of the dash in particular feels extra cheap. I can't stand passing my hand across it and when I dust it some rough seam from their shitty PIM tooling typically snags the rag.
yes, right there. Cleaning the dash of the dust leaves lines/grooves Like it’s been scratched to death. Anyone figure out a good solution to eliminate them after a wipe down?

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes, right there. Cleaning the dash of the dust leaves lines/grooves Like it’s been scratched to death. Anyone figure out a good solution to eliminate them after a wipe down?
I use Plexus to clean all of the plastic, including the ST windows. I use a heavy amount on the dash and it helps. Only downside is Plexus is about $35/can lol

sic5pointslow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250, 3 Mustangs, 2018 Audi, annnnd a Buick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My $58k Bronco has 4 less cup holders than my $25k Fusion. It also lacks a garage door opener while the same Fusion has one. If a vehicle seats 4 people why does it not have 4 cup holders? Why is garage door opener not part of at least mid package?

Those are my only 2 gripes...I had a great time carrying 5 large slushes from Sonic home yesterday.
Wait my mid has garage door opener on the visor...

Sponsored

sic5pointslow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone else feel like the steering wheel volume control is on the wrong side?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Didn't want leather and stuck with high package. Neither of those items warrant a +$5000 upgrade or whatever lux is.
The high package is certainly the best value, unless you absolutely want adaptive cruise control.

OP
OP
SavSqch

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The high package is certainly the best value, unless you absolutely want adaptive cruise control.
Our rental we used to go through 6 states to pick our Bronco up from SAC had adaptive cruise and we absolutely loved it. I don't think we'll be going on long enough trips to make it worthwhile though.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Mustang GT was slightly more fun. Lightyears ahead of driving that giant white behemoth of an Expedition EL I was stuck driving for 18 months while waiting for Ford to get around to building my order.
I've had several Mustang GT's, still my favorite car, just not as practical as an SUV. I also love my wife's Expedition. I know it's the size of a bus, but we use it for its intended purpose and it does the job well. I have a new one on order, should be here in October.

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Our rental we used to go through 6 states to pick our Bronco up from SAC had adaptive cruise and we absolutely loved it. I don't think we'll be going on long enough trips to make it worthwhile though.
I wouldn't buy a vehicle without ACC. We have a new Expedition on order that will have Ford's new Blue Cruise. Can't wait to try it out.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone else feel like the steering wheel volume control is on the wrong side?
No, it is on the correct (left) side.

Doesn't make sense to have a control input that you use regularly on the same side as the shifter, which you are also using regularly. When you slow down you may want to reduce the volume (even with automatic speed volume adjustment), which is the same time you'll be shifting.

Furthermore, it doesn't make sense to have the volume control on the right side when there is another volume control within easy reach of your right hand.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My biggest issue with the interior is also the parking brake. Two of the other vehicles that I still regularly drive are a 2004 F150 and 2009 Mazda B3000, both with manuals and mechanical brakes. Release lever is in a similar spot, but you pull up/towards you on the lever to disengage the brake. I can’t shake this muscle memory, so it’s like plugging in a USB - there’s a 50% shot of getting it right, and I get it wrong 100% of the time.

Otherwise, this is by far the nicest car interior I’ve ever had. Yes, the plastic scratches easily. Yes, I would rather have a different tach setup with my 7MT. But for me, this is the first car I’ve even had with a backup camera, so I feel like I’m in the lap of luxury! I guess it’s all what you’re used to… 🤷🏻‍♀️
Apart from the fact that it's an electronic parking brake, which I'm getting used to, and the location, which could be considered a throwback to the old parking brake location in *some* cars (not necessarily good ones), there is another issue...

There is no consensus standard for how that electronic parking brake switch works. Three examples I'm familiar with:

Ford: Pull to engage, press to disengage.
Acura: Press to engage, pull to disengage (exactly the opposite).
GM: Press to engage, press to disengage.

Maybe the disengage part doesn't matter as much, because it will disengage automatically (doesn't seem like that feature hurts anything). But the fact that they engage differently still trips me up sometimes.

sic5pointslow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, it is on the correct (left) side.

Doesn't make sense to have a control input that you use regularly on the same side as the shifter, which you are also using regularly. When you slow down you may want to reduce the volume (even with automatic speed volume adjustment), which is the same time you'll be shifting.

Furthermore, it doesn't make sense to have the volume control on the right side when there is another volume control within easy reach of your right hand.
I mean why is the track skip on the right? Why did they separate these controls at all?
Sponsored