First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The location on the steering wheel for the volume and skip controls is opposite from every vehicle I have owned or driven in the last several years. I had a Ford as a rental while on a trip recently and it was the same as my previous vehicles, so I know it isn’t a Ford thing.

Why did you do this, Ford? It’s so difficult for me to get used to for some reason.
Meh,it becomes a new learned behavior. Its automatic for me now after having a vehicle for 10 yrs that was opposite.
Sponsored

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The steering wheel radio controls are a non-issue for me. I use the knob for volume and the touch screen for selection.
The one thing that I love is not having to use a key. Every time I sit in my wife's van now, I have to stretch a leg and get a key out of my pocket. I have been programmed to jump in and push the button. :)
The key is so big though that I have to take it out of my pocket anyway, and then there is no ignition to "store" the key in.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does Ford do speed sensitive volume control on the Bronco Audio systems. I know some people hate them, but a well done speed adjusting audio set up is fantastic.
Yes this feature is available; off/low/medium/high compensation. It's done fairly well and indistinguishable when active. I have mine set to the medium level. I'll also be in the minority here and say that the B&O system isn't too terrible, and I'm an audiophile. Speed compensation may sound worse with the base audio package.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Audio controls on my F150 are on the right which always makes me wonder why they did that when the knobs are right there…

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When you know the Bronco interior bits like the wheel and gauge cluster were designed by the Aussies, the strange quirks make more sense.

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember seeing somewhere very early on in Ford Bronco marketing that they did this because if you got a manual you can keep your hand on the shifter while manipulating the CC and volume buttons.

Drives me nuts as it's opposite my Jeep (and every other car I've ever owned).

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The location on the steering wheel for the volume and skip controls is opposite from every vehicle I have owned or driven in the last several years. I had a Ford as a rental while on a trip recently and it was the same as my previous vehicles, so I know it isn’t a Ford thing.

Why did you do this, Ford? It’s so difficult for me to get used to for some reason.
The way they are in the bronco is better IMO. I hate the way they are in my Mustang.

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree 100%. Not necessarily the location, but the fact that all the buttons feel the same. Takes all the benefits of the steering wheel controls away if you have to look to see what you're pressing.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've e said before that the placement of the volume controls right next to the speed controls is dangerous. I still find myself trying to reduce speed, but actually lowering sound! Scary. And dumb.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But don’t those steering wheel buttons feel oh so satisfyingly squishy?
I just hope they hold up better than the other time Ford did squishy buttons.

6MLRYSSl.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 0ne

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Keep hitting the volume down trying to slow down on cruise control 🤣🤣. Once the radio gets quiet I figure it out lol. I agree should def be on the right side. I’ll learn in time just wish one or the other had nubs so I could go by feel.
Sponsored