Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would love to see you throwing your cellphone out the window and living without it.

Sounds easy, but I dare you!
I hope once I am finished with the Army, I won’t have a need for one. 🤞🏻
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i guess. I’m no rocket surgeon but no fuse, no power, no power, no workie.
Don't forget that they don't send it all to that one fuse. Have to kill the others.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't care for the auto headlights being the default position on startup. That is not that bad to deal with except that it dings when you shut down and open the door and the switch is still in that position. Turn it to off lights and the dinging stops. If the lights will auto shut off, then stop dinging.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"What is the value of lane drift warning where you have to keep your eyes off the road and on the display in order to see if you're drifting?"

REALLY?!?!?!?!

If your eyes are on the road in the first place, do you need "drift warning"?!?!?!

I feel like some people need their licenses revoked.
Because it's never always enabled... Sometimes it doesn't see the marker lines... Other times, if you force and keep the truck to one side, it turns off until you re-center the truck to the middle of the road.
And if you don't like looking at your dash (I guess you know how fast you're always driving? Lol), you can also enable the "stick shaker"

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No gorilla glass windshield option ( once u have yours awhile, you'll get this)
Yup. Got my first crack last week. I went to Corning’s website, clicked Contact, and sent them a message requesting they make a Gorilla glass windshield for the Bronco. Would be great if everyone here contacted them as well. Don’t know if it would really make a difference, but maybe…

Brnco2.7

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know this is probably a repeat but the angle of the headrest and the cheap plastic clips. In a few years I see a lot of them breaking off especially in the warmer climates.

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The damn passenger side mirror is retarded....why take the top corner out Ford? Why not do that to both or better yet neither side so at least is fucking simetrical??? So stupid whomever you are that designed the Picasso mirrors.
It is funky, but, it shows how early in the Bronco designing process that the "Everglades" was on the drawing board. Snorkel compatibility.!

Sponsored

lunatics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yup. Got my first crack last week. I went to Corning’s website, clicked Contact, and sent them a message requesting they make a Gorilla glass windshield for the Bronco. Would be great if everyone here contacted them as well. Don’t know if it would really make a difference, but maybe…
I see a lot of complaints about this....I don't know a ton about vehicle after market stuff, but there seems to be solutions for a lot of peoples complaints or being able to make/buy your own version of something....Is this something that can/will happen with windshields with third party companies making one out of better materials?

It will be a long time before I can ever have my own Bronco, but just curious if this is something likely to come out down the line so if/when a windshield breaks you can replace it with a third party one with better quality glass rather than reinstalling the same one that the same thing is bound to happen to?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would love to see you throwing your cellphone out the window and living without it.

Sounds easy, but I dare you!
It also sounds really nice! But can't live without the damn thing for many jobs now.

It is funky, but, it shows how early in the Bronco designing process that the "Everglades" was on the drawing board. Snorkel compatibility.!
I thought the only difference was the glass? The housing exterior shape still looks the same.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I see a lot of complaints about this....I don't know a ton about vehicle after market stuff, but there seems to be solutions for a lot of peoples complaints or being able to make/buy your own version of something....Is this something that can/will happen with windshields with third party companies making one out of better materials?

It will be a long time before I can ever have my own Bronco, but just curious if this is something likely to come out down the line so if/when a windshield breaks you can replace it with a third party one with better quality glass rather than reinstalling the same one that the same thing is bound to happen to?
Don’t know if Gorilla glass will ever be made. Also don’t know if a generic windshield will be better than a Ford OEM one. For now all you can do is put on Exoshield and/or a hood deflector.

Jacob.H

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BL 2.3 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What exactly does removing that fuse do? No more satellite radio/navigation? Or...?

notbuildingrockets

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond, 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1) Why no manual? My last vehicle had way more pages than the Bronco PDF and they had no problems putting one out. I like flipping pages and it allows me to discover interesting things about my vehicle that I may not have been looking for. I don't want to sit in my garage going through a menu on a small screen for something that sounds like what I may be looking for either.
PDFs exist online, it's super simple to download one. The nice thing about it being in the SYNC4 system is that it's searchable. They're also a cost that almost no manufacturer needs to endure anymore. And to be honest, why should they? It's wasteful. How many people read these things cover-to-cover? Very few I bet.

2) What is the value of lane drift warning where you have to keep your eyes off the road and on the display in order to see if you're drifting? My last vehicle would howl at me if I came close to a road stripe. If I got tired, it would wake me up. The Bronco is mute - no audible warnings at all. I thought it was not working and totally surprised that such a pricy vehicle had no audible warning. Also, I've noticed, that it's not very good at all with markings. A great number of the time I can run over very clearly defined ones and it never warns me.
These settings can be adjusted in your Driver's Assist section of the Features tab.

3) Electronics gone wild on this thing. I mean randomly I will get a variety of angry messages, like "Hill Start Assist Not Available", "Service AdvanceTrac", "Check Brake System", "Pre-Collision Assist Not Available", etc. - and I'm not even moving. The instrument cluster sometimes does funky things like flicker.
These are features, not bugs. Just kidding. This isn't normal. If you've downloaded FordPass on your phone, it may have some insight as to what's going on with the vehicle. Otherwise, you should definitely swing by a dealership to have this diagnosed.

4) Spyware. Reading the PDF makes you realize how much spyware is installed in this thing. It's a bit bizarre, especially when it warns you that:
- " If you use our services, we collect and use data, for example account information, vehicle location and driving characteristics, that could identify you. We transmit this data through a dedicated, protected connection. We only collect and use data to enable your use of our services to which you have subscribed, with your consent or where permitted by law. " --Ok, so like your smart phone don't use the service I guess? It simply clutters the menus.
- "We may provide information in response to requests from law enforcement, other government authorities and third parties acting with lawful authority or through a legal process. Such information could be used by them in legal proceedings.
Data recorded includes, for example:
  • Operating states of system components, for example fuel level, tire pressure and battery charge level.
  • Vehicle and component status, for example wheel speed, deceleration, lateral acceleration and seatbelt status.
  • Events or errors in essential systems, for example headlamps and brakes.
  • System responses to driving situations, for example airbag deployment and stability control.
  • Environmental conditions, for example temperature.
Some of this data, when used in combination with other information, for example an accident report, damage to a vehicle or eyewitness statements, could be associated with a specific person. " -- And your vehicle becomes witness against you? Sounds like an Orwellian vehicle.
I mean, this is pretty standard. lol It collects navigational information and location data to respond to your requests and update your maps system. It also stores vehicle data in the event of an accident, whereby they might be court ordered to supply evidence in the event of a serious accident. It's a good thing, overall. Your vehicle is not a witness against you. Your vehicle is just a vehicle. If you obey the rules of the road, you should be fine?

5) The cameras on this thing are useless when it rains. I would not complain about this because after all they are getting wet but in other vehicles I've own they simply were not so bad. Meaning I could still make things out as they had some level of protection but with the Bronco, they simply become useless.
I work in sales (for Ford) and have experience with every manufacturer probably of the last 20 years and I can say without a doubt that Ford's camera systems are the best in the non-luxury market. Do they work perfectly? No, none of them do. But if you saw some of the competition out there... so many manufacturers are still working with cloudy fish-eye lenses on their backup cameras... it's brutal. You can do a lot worse than Ford, trust me. I'm sure you could Google Image what they might look like.

It sounds like you're really nit picking over the vehicle, or you're feeling some buyer's remorse because you paid such a high price for it. I don't know what to tell you except - that's the market. If you did much research on the Bronco or Ford in general, prior to purchasing, you should have known what you were getting in to. If you wanted something a little more upscale for $70k+, you could have bought a Range Rover.
Sponsored