Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel left out without any gripes. I wish the goat modes would default to last used, so I guess there's one.

...and I can testify it's by far the best shifting manual I have ever owned.
Best shifting 4x4 manual for me. It's way down the list when compared with most cars.

The damn passenger side mirror is retarded....why take the top corner out Ford? Why not do that to both or better yet neither side so at least is fucking simetrical??? So stupid whomever you are that designed the Picasso mirrors.
That one kind of bugs me when I think about it but luckily from my driving position the corner is out of view anyway so I don't think about it often.
Sponsored

rfiorillo

Badlands
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two "upsides" of having a digital manual:

Saves weight and can be updated easily

You can search for something like your oil filter part number and go to it directly, instead of looking at a glossary then thumbing to the page it is on.
Hello everything you buy has an out dated manual. I throw them out and go online for the latest one. I guess they still use paper manual in under rock land..

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't speak for the Android app but Apple CarPlay lets you configure your "home screen" and visible apps by hitting settings while using CarPlay itself. You can even go so far as changing the wallpaper.
Maybe I just havent played with it enough. I'll have to dig around when I'm not actually driving

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's funny. I've been in marketing focus groups and you'd be amazed at the amount of people that have no interest or never look at a manual. I see why that's been cut out. I personally use them.
that and I bet it save money also for them .

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone else been watching these videos from the UK? People in various vehicles trying to cross water on a closed road. I've watched hours of this.

So a few take-aways and assumptions here.
-This is way more entertaining than it should be. I can see how you were sucked into hours of it.
-Funny story, the local mechanic is the richest person within 200km.
-The Discovery driver is 2nd highest paid.
-I can imagine the Disco saying to itself (in a John Cleese accent because it has to be) "Aright then. Here we go. Another one. Oop, small tug there. And you are out there right as you should be. Right. That'll be 500 pounds, please."

Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The damn passenger side mirror is retarded....why take the top corner out Ford? Why not do that to both or better yet neither side so at least is fucking simetrical??? So stupid whomever you are that designed the Picasso mirrors.
While I completely agree with you about the mirrors...
Oh, the irony...

Ford Bronco Things That Bother Me About My Bronco morans

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel left out without any gripes. I wish the goat modes would default to last used, so I guess there's one.

Best shifting 4x4 manual for me. It's way down the list when compared with most cars.

That one kind of bugs me when I think about it but luckily from my driving position the corner is out of view anyway so I don't think about it often.
Doesn't it ask you if you would like to return to eco or whatever mode you were in when you killed it? And the last manual I had was my 98 Ranger with a 5 speed, it was a good manual but not near as good as the Bronco!

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My motor having blown up is bothersome.

Drink? :)

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was always a true believer of the Rubicon but thought I'd give Ford a try...considering the covid price I paid for this FE, I feel a bit stupid now. Again, this could be the ramblings of a Ford newbie who just doesn't understand how things work but I guess that's what this forum is about so I definitely appreciate any input. Thanks.
Ok, SOOO much here...

First, I don't think anyone is going to feel sorry for you for paying "covid price" for your FE. From that statement, and given that you didn't join the forum until this year, my bet is you didn't have a reservation and you just went out and bought an FE off the street. That's on you. I paid MSRP for my Badlands with all of the same features, but I was a day 1 res.

Second, I think it's super funny when people gripe about the whole "they" are tracking me bs. I'm sure you have a cell phone in your pocket and maybe a smart watch on your wrist. "They" were already tracking you! Even funnier is when other people are now out there unplugging fuses in their Bronco to disable it. "THEY" ARE ALREADY TRACKING YOU!!! Just dumb.

Third, you're really going to complain about not having a paper manual? I bet you still use a paper phone book...

Tmurder1776

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What drives me crazy is that I've used google maps through android auto ONE TIME, I use Spotify EVERY TIME I DRIVE, and the screen always tries to default to google maps even though I keep location on my phone turned off so it just gives a blank screen that says "cannot connect" instead of showing me the artwork for the Joe Rogan Experience. Unbelievable...

Seriously though, it is a very minor annoyance that the AA screen doesn't default to what I actually use all the time.
That's from the most recent update from Google. It has irked a lot of people and there's no way to change it. I installed Gaia maps and it started to default to that and just has been absolutely killing my battery. I had to remove it from the launcher. Android Auto has been great when it works properly. Unfortunately for me that hasn't been the majority of time, mine crashes constantly and just doesn't work right.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't it ask you if you would like to return to eco or whatever mode you were in when you killed it? And the last manual I had was my 98 Ranger with a 5 speed, it was a good manual but not near as good as the Bronco!
Yes it asks, but if you don't catch it in time it reverts back to normal.

Dstepovi

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks Area51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered an Outer Banks 2.7L SAS and after reading the horror stories here about the delays, I decided to buy one off the lot if I could get it reasonably - which I was able to do (non-SAS, 2.3L). My intent with my Bronco order and subsequently this purchase was to likely flip it when I retire at the end of 2022 - my thought was this vehicle would hold it's value fairly well and I wanted to keep commute miles off the Challenger Scat Pack Shaker I bought in October. I also wanted to have some light off-roading fun with the Bronco. I've had the Bronco for about 6 weeks and I can honestly say, I'm not sure which vehicle I will sell when I retire, I enjoy the Bronco that much.

FWIW - I have enjoyed it so much that if/when my ordered one does arrive I am leaning towards purchasing it and disposing of this Outer Banks and the Challenger, since I would prefer a 2.7L and the Sasquatch package. Like so many here, I'm not holding my breath my ordered one will arrive, even before I retire :mad:. I feel fortunate that I have one to enjoy while waiting though and am customizing mine to enjoy and possibly keep for the long term.

Last edited:

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So a few take-aways and assumptions here.
-This is way more entertaining than it should be. I can see how you were sucked into hours of it.
-Funny story, the local mechanic is the richest person within 200km.
-The Discovery driver is 2nd highest paid.
-I can imagine the Disco saying to itself (in a John Cleese accent because it has to be) "Aright then. Here we go. Another one. Oop, small tug there. And you are out there right as you should be. Right. That'll be 500 pounds, please."
In some of the videos it looks like the whole town is hanging out there watching cars try it.

They literally cheer as the cars get swamped.

I really want to hear what the drivers were thinking when they saw a dozen people laughing and videoing the crossing with phones. Or when someone goes for it when another car is already stuck.
Sponsored