Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the jeep, once the weather was nice the top is off for the season. Had full doors so I would swap to my tube doors which are like half doors but open in the middle. Since the doors on the Bronco aren't a full frame door they may stay on more than the Jeep did. But any time the door is on is an opportunity for some jack hole in a parking lot to ding it.

I like the smooth look of the 12 inch screen. I don't like all the extra crap I have to buy just to get it.
That's interesting. My thinking was the opposite. I didn't want any screen because I'm a tough guy. But then i saw videos of the hill crest front camera in action. That seems really practical and that front camera forced the big screen.

Then i saw two broncos at a dealer with the two different screens. The smaller screen looks useless in person. Phones are like six inches, and I'm gonna be using cameras to spot stuff with an eight inch screen?

I really need a smaller tv. -said no one, ever!

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Subject to compromise due to Ford's limited options.

I'm ordering a Base, MT, in Rapid Red, 2.3 ecoboost.

I'd much rather have a Base with a naturally aspirated V8, Brittany Blue, or Bright Yellow (code 64) and even less tech. The stereo/music system in my 2006 Mustang would be perfectly adequate. But Ford won't give me one without a stupid touchscreen, so I'll take the smallest one possible.
Right there with you. Tuck the fouchscreen, and do away with the turbos. A 351 Cleveland would be nice, even a 351 Windsor would be OK, at least it's something to work with.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Subject to compromise due to Ford's limited options.

I'm ordering a Base, MT, in Rapid Red, 2.3 ecoboost.

I'd much rather have a Base with a naturally aspirated V8, Brittany Blue, or Bright Yellow (code 64) and even less tech. The stereo/music system in my 2006 Mustang would be perfectly adequate. But Ford won't give me one without a stupid touchscreen, so I'll take the smallest one possible.
Sounds like you might be happier with a vintage bronco. And it would be a little less money.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right there with you. Tuck the fouchscreen, and do away with the turbos. A 351 Cleveland would be nice, even a 351 Windsor would be OK, at least it's something to work with.
You can buy a coyote crate engine for five grand. Someone will probably sell an adapter for mating to the tranny by the time you take delivery. But you'll probably need to buy all new electronics.

Plenty of people are going to do this right out of the gate.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds like you might be happier with a vintage bronco. And it would be a little less money.
I'd be happy enough with a 1996 with the 302 and a manual. Has to be 96 or newer to be ODB-II, and anything before that is a pain to smog. Main reason I sold my 95 F-250.

Better make it two of them, so I have one to drive while the other is in the shop.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m with you about the doors. I had a jeep with half doors and never took the doors off.
Same here. The high beltline of the bronco begs for something a little lower on the doors, but I still like to have a door there. BTW, those pipe doors don't make any sense.
I like that the bronco pays homage to the original roadster, but it isn't for me.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Taco bell
Golden Corral
Miller, bud, and the like
Chicago bears
Ohhh ohhh I wanna play.....
NEW YORK YANKEES MONTREAL CANADIENS. LOS ANGELES LAKERS

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I could do a screen delete, I would in a heart beat. My phone works just fine for everything I need, the screen is just another really expensive thing that can break.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be happy enough with a 1996 with the 302 and a manual. Has to be 96 or newer to be ODB-II, and anything before that is a pain to smog. Main reason I sold my 95 F-250.

Better make it two of them, so I have one to drive while the other is in the shop.
The "in the shop" comment puts you right back here at this modem rig again.

I have had vehicles like that. One year when the mechanic gave me a Christmas gift, I knew it was a problem.

I'm bummed about the four cylinder motor, too. My complaint is the sound. I believe the capability numbers but i have listened to all the after-market exhausts for the 2.3 and they sound like a ninja 250.

I have the manual coming, so I'm happy about that. But a for cylinder? Feels like a low-end rental car. I have seriously looked into swapping the diesel from a transit van.

But I'm exactly with you on the repairs. One of the biggest reasons I'm going with this thing over something built is the new car warranty.

If we can't deal with four and six-cylinders, what are we gonna do when it's all electric? What's next, skinny jeans? I'm getting old.

Sponsored

ChetC

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You can buy a coyote crate engine for five grand. Someone will probably sell an adapter for mating to the tranny by the time you take delivery. But you'll probably need to buy all new electronics.

Plenty of people are going to do this right out of the gate.
No they're not. A couple customizers may but definitely not "plenty of people". Very few people have the means or the incentive to engine swap a brand new vehicle right out of the gate.

Additionally, the $5,000 Coyote is an older gen and no longer available from most suppliers. There are a few out there floating around, but $5,000 doesn't include anything other than the bottom end and heads. You'd need a lot more than an adapter, wiring and an ECM to make it work and I'll guarantee you'd be well north of $10k before you had it running.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No they're not. A couple customizers may but definitely not "plenty of people". Very few people have the means or the incentive to engine swap a brand new vehicle right out of the gate.

Additionally, the $5,000 Coyote is an older gen and no longer available from most suppliers. There are a few out there floating around, but $5,000 doesn't include anything other than the bottom end and heads. You'd need a lot more than an adapter, wiring and an ECM to make it work and I'll guarantee you'd be well north of $10k before you had it running.
Ten grand engine swap in a brand new fifty thousand dollar vehicle? Outrageous.

I have recently discovered this on-line video sharing website called youtube.

ChetC

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ten grand engine swap in a brand new fifty thousand dollar vehicle? Outrageous.

I have recently discovered this on-line video sharing website called youtube.
Good to know. Then I'd assume you've seen this video which is the first one that comes up when you search "Engine swap on brand new".

And $10k is lot more than $5k and some wiring.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™m opposite. My doors always be off. The top stay on. I got no where to store it.

I got the 8 inch screen myself. I think itā€™s perfect.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While the 12ā€ screen and 360 camera look tight, itā€™s definitely not worth an extra $4500 for that and the swaybar disconnect to upgrade my squatched BD with the otherwise exact same features. Iā€™ve gotta work with my budget. However, if I had ā€œwhat is moneyā€ money like a lot of people do on this forum, Iā€™d take a squatched lux BL in a heartbeat.

I will be taking off the doors regularly though as it provides an even greater open air experience. That extra open air should help ween me off of riding my motorcycle bc the second my wife says she pregnant, Iā€™m getting rid of that fun death machine.
Sponsored