Sponsored

Things that you will like when you get your bronco.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m enjoying my Bronco and it is attracting attention but I’m good with getting less of that as we see more on the road. When we arrived in the church parking lot yesterday there was another Area 51 4dr OBX like mine and a Red 2dr Badlands in the parking lot. In a year, that will be common whether it’s at church or a grocery store.

I’m really looking forward to some warmer whether so I can take all the doors and top off - this is the first time I’ve owned a vehicle where that was possible. Snow flurries here this morning so we are still waiting for spring.
Sponsored

Nateandapril

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands non Sas Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm with you. Getting attention is a huge negative for this vehicle. But, hopefully as they get more common it will be less to deal with.
Same same. I don’t like the attention the Bronco draws. I’m not a pretentious asshole, I’m an anti social asshole. “It’s not you, it’s me”.

Nateandapril

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands non Sas Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do want to add some value to this conversation: additional things I think a new owner will appreciate:
Marine grade vinyl. It’s durable, Crisp looking, and almost leather like

Small details like the console ID plate, the Easter eggs, the Bronco label on the windshield

the heated seats kick ass

Turbo. The whole drone…. Zing!…. Cruise of kicking down a gear and having the turbo spool up properly.

Road manners even with 33s and 35s. You aren’t always having to steer/correct while driving in a straight line like every Jeep I’ve ever owned

Soft top functionality. It’s a durable easy design.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes lots of attention and people waiting for me in a parking lot to ask me questions, etc. Lots of looks everywhere. And yes I saw a post where it must look intimidating as everyone seems to get out of the way or stay way back.

One guy in an old Tundra wanted to race me so bad at a light. Burned rubber while he sat there while the light was red. When the light turned green I just sat there, then took off real slow and he took off burning rubber to the next light 1/4 mile away and wasting a gallon of gas. LOL

But to me it's just a great accomplishment of engineering. The way it drives, handles, sounds, look at the undercarriage, driveshafts, etc. I love the damn thing.

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Number 1 is only if you want it tho. I catch a lot of looks but very few people walk up like the “well would you look at that!” Guy.

i drove mine cross country. Rides smooth m. I wouldn’t say car like but definitely feels solid. I feel like I can just go through anything while driving it. Seats are comfy. No hesitation in the throttle, the transmission shifts easily. The motor doesn’t struggle through the mountains like my 3.5 Tacoma did. You can take the top off. People move the hell out of the way when driving. The thing just looks intimidating
Yes, I did wonder at a person that came out of the Midtworn Cork Dorksd liquor emporium and totally did the "I'm not looking" as they popped back into their 4door Area 51 (Outer Banks?). Must have overpaid and just take take the heat from a VB Base $500 below MSRP buyer. (Miracle Ford did their reskholders right.)

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do want to add some value to this conversation: additional things I think a new owner will appreciate:
Marine grade vinyl. It’s durable, Crisp looking, and almost leather like

Small details like the console ID plate, the Easter eggs, the Bronco label on the windshield

the heated seats kick ass

Turbo. The whole drone…. Zing!…. Cruise of kicking down a gear and having the turbo spool up properly.

Road manners even with 33s and 35s. You aren’t always having to steer/correct while driving in a straight line like every Jeep I’ve ever owned

Soft top functionality. It’s a durable easy design.
Heated seats do kick ass. Had them in my Outback.

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At 6’7” I really, really enjoy being in an offroader that fits. My Jeeps are great, and I love them. But they beat me up bad… the Bronco just feels like it was made for the non-smalls of the world like myself. I love a lot of things about my Bronco but they all pale in comparison to this.

OP
OP
bigblueboing

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m going to add the auto restart if you stall and push in the clutch.

When you are in cruise control and you shift the CC stays on. I have a manual so this is amazing.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't have mine yet,but it must get annoying to have to clean out all those panties and room keys the girls throw in at every light.

Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Definitely the Attention Whore aspect.

Any freaking idiot can have a Ferrari or Lamborghini , you just need to plunk down $300K. Want a Bronco? Pay double/triple+ or get your ass in the back of the line and wait ~2 years like the rest of us.
You obviously have no idea how difficult it is to buy a new Ferrari.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What I'm looking forward to is the utility honestly. I'm giving up the convertible for this. I still get the open top all summer, AND I get to throw on the MIC and use it all winter too.

I'm looking forward to feeling as confident in the Bronco running 4A as I did in the old LR Discovery all winter out here where the snow is always blowing and drifting.

I'm looking forward to being able to pull a boat again. 3500lbs doesn't seem that bad compared to 2000lbs on my old Renegade. It's sure as heck going to tow better than my CJ, XJ, or YJ I think.

Looking forward to being to take this out to the hunting spots for a day out, and not be terrible for fuel... not great... but not terrible.
Thank you. This was starting to feel like a thread about Ford Escapes driving around in parking lots, lol.