dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I disagree on the doors - intend to take them off my two door when summer cruising around the cabin. As for the 12” display, I think it would make it difficult to see when driving at night (meaning your eyes will be adjusted to bright light in the cabin rather than the darkness outside). 8” is therefore more practical and should result in statistically fewer wildlife collisions. That’s my theory, anyway.
I'm always astonished at how people drive around with their dash lights up at full brightness. I have always run mine as dim as the car would go.

This is actually something I'll check once I can drive one at night. To me its something I have addressed in the past with essentially window tint film on the instrument glass.

But if it can be turned down enough, and it goes to a dark background. It shouldn't be any worse than a dash full of hard buttons.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Heck, the doors nor the top have left my Jeep since I brought it home 2 years ago. But, that's my choice and it's still a lot of fun to play with.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

1. I really probably will never take the doors off... Just really don't see a reason for removing them.

2. I know the 12" screen is nice by those who have seen it, but I have no interest in a larger screen. Right now, I have enough screens and digital crap in my life that I am not looking to complicate it any further. I'm tired of all the digital life, cameras everywhere, etc. Just looking to keep things simple! Crank up the tunes and roll on down the road!

Anyone else in this boat?
I agree completely. I don't want SYNC, a screen of any size, Ford Co-Pilot, BLIS, lane control, reverse sensing, cameras, forward sensing.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My screen will be off 90% of the time. The other 10% will be when it boots up before I can turn it off.

I'll probably leave the doors off and roof off in the summer.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Trail Control, has anyone actually driven the same speed on a trail for more than 100 feet?

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The manual transmission is worth it just for the theft deterrent alone. ;)

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree completely. I don't want SYNC, a screen of any size, Ford Co-Pilot, BLIS, lane control, reverse sensing, cameras, forward sensing.
All those electronics and sensors you mentioned - they’re embedded in the parts of the vehicle most likely to be damaged on the trails - and since none of them are repairable, that means shelling out big bucks to replace ‘em. I remember hitting a small doe two weeks after getting my Toyota Sequioa Platinum. She was a tiny thing, clipped her going 80K when she jumped out the ditch right in front of me (spooked) on a 45 degree angle. She spun across the road but seemed no worse for wear (took off without limping). I never felt it the truck but it tore the plastic “bumper” off the drivers corner and destroyed the radar unit used for adaptive cruise. It was $2800 (Canadian) just in replacement plastic; and the radar never did get replaced because of the cost (would’ve been another $5K).

stupid doe.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The "in the shop" comment puts you right back here at this modem rig again.
Yup a couple months ago, after pouring in a bunch of money into the Mustang (oil pan gasket, clutch, rear end...) wife asks "maybe we should get you something newer and more reliable, what would you want"

Me: Ford Bronco
her: ...
Me: Ford Bronco
her: And how much would one of those cost?
Me: 30,500 plus tax and license if I get the 2-Door with a stick.
Her: so you haven't been thinking about this at all, have you?
Me: Ford Bronco...

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All those electronics and sensors you mentioned - they’re embedded in the parts of the vehicle most likely to be damaged on the trails - and since none of them are repairable, that means shelling out big bucks to replace ‘em. I remember hitting a small doe two weeks after getting my Toyota Sequioa Platinum. She was a tiny thing, clipped her going 80K when she jumped out the ditch right in front of me (spooked) on a 45 degree angle. She spun across the road but seemed no worse for wear (took off without limping). I never felt it the truck but it tore the plastic “bumper” off the drivers corner and destroyed the radar unit used for adaptive cruise. It was $2800 (Canadian) just in replacement plastic; and the radar never did get replaced because of the cost (would’ve been another $5K).

stupid doe.
The touchscreen went out in my Ford Fiesta to the tune of $2k. I didn't replace it, so I just drove around on listening to the same Sirius XM station all the time.

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Own a couple of Broncos for more than 40 years and have never taken the tops off!
Sponsored