dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I hope I am putting this in the right place, forgive me if not. I can't complain to my neighbors because they drive fuel efficient vehicles and dont understand but I figured my Bronco brethren here might relate. I am not sure, but I think this is a general thoughts section and these are some general thoughts that perhaps Ford may find viable. It's also possible that I am mistaken, and someone may enlighten me but please be kind cause I'm a beginner.

1) Why no manual? My last vehicle had way more pages than the Bronco PDF and they had no problems putting one out. I like flipping pages and it allows me to discover interesting things about my vehicle that I may not have been looking for. I don't want to sit in my garage going through a menu on a small screen for something that sounds like what I may be looking for either.

2) What is the value of lane drift warning where you have to keep your eyes off the road and on the display in order to see if you're drifting? My last vehicle would howl at me if I came close to a road stripe. If I got tired, it would wake me up. The Bronco is mute - no audible warnings at all. I thought it was not working and totally surprised that such a pricy vehicle had no audible warning. Also, I've noticed, that it's not very good at all with markings. A great number of the time I can run over very clearly defined ones and it never warns me.

3) Electronics gone wild on this thing. I mean randomly I will get a variety of angry messages, like "Hill Start Assist Not Available", "Service AdvanceTrac", "Check Brake System", "Pre-Collision Assist Not Available", etc. - and I'm not even moving. The instrument cluster sometimes does funky things like flicker.

4) Spyware. Reading the PDF makes you realize how much spyware is installed in this thing. It's a bit bizarre, especially when it warns you that:
- " If you use our services, we collect and use data, for example account information, vehicle location and driving characteristics, that could identify you. We transmit this data through a dedicated, protected connection. We only collect and use data to enable your use of our services to which you have subscribed, with your consent or where permitted by law. " --Ok, so like your smart phone don't use the service I guess? It simply clutters the menus.
- "We may provide information in response to requests from law enforcement, other government authorities and third parties acting with lawful authority or through a legal process. Such information could be used by them in legal proceedings.
Data recorded includes, for example:
  • Operating states of system components, for example fuel level, tire pressure and battery charge level.
  • Vehicle and component status, for example wheel speed, deceleration, lateral acceleration and seatbelt status.
  • Events or errors in essential systems, for example headlamps and brakes.
  • System responses to driving situations, for example airbag deployment and stability control.
  • Environmental conditions, for example temperature.
Some of this data, when used in combination with other information, for example an accident report, damage to a vehicle or eyewitness statements, could be associated with a specific person. " -- And your vehicle becomes witness against you? Sounds like an Orwellian vehicle.
5) The cameras on this thing are useless when it rains. I would not complain about this because after all they are getting wet but in other vehicles I've own they simply were not so bad. Meaning I could still make things out as they had some level of protection but with the Bronco, they simply become useless.

I was always a true believer of the Rubicon but thought I'd give Ford a try...considering the covid price I paid for this FE, I feel a bit stupid now. Again, this could be the ramblings of a Ford newbie who just doesn't understand how things work but I guess that's what this forum is about so I definitely appreciate any input. Thanks.
Answer

1, easy fix, just download and print the manual out and put it a binder.

2) keep eyes on road while driving.

3/4 welcome to the computer/Information Age shit’s just gonna get worse

5) mirrors work well in the rain

6) sell FE and buy yourself another Jeep.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hope I am putting this in the right place, forgive me if not. I can't complain to my neighbors because they drive fuel efficient vehicles and dont understand but I figured my Bronco brethren here might relate. I am not sure, but I think this is a general thoughts section and these are some general thoughts that perhaps Ford may find viable. It's also possible that I am mistaken, and someone may enlighten me but please be kind cause I'm a beginner.

1) Why no manual? My last vehicle had way more pages than the Bronco PDF and they had no problems putting one out. I like flipping pages and it allows me to discover interesting things about my vehicle that I may not have been looking for. I don't want to sit in my garage going through a menu on a small screen for something that sounds like what I may be looking for either.

2) What is the value of lane drift warning where you have to keep your eyes off the road and on the display in order to see if you're drifting? My last vehicle would howl at me if I came close to a road stripe. If I got tired, it would wake me up. The Bronco is mute - no audible warnings at all. I thought it was not working and totally surprised that such a pricy vehicle had no audible warning. Also, I've noticed, that it's not very good at all with markings. A great number of the time I can run over very clearly defined ones and it never warns me.

3) Electronics gone wild on this thing. I mean randomly I will get a variety of angry messages, like "Hill Start Assist Not Available", "Service AdvanceTrac", "Check Brake System", "Pre-Collision Assist Not Available", etc. - and I'm not even moving. The instrument cluster sometimes does funky things like flicker.

4) Spyware. Reading the PDF makes you realize how much spyware is installed in this thing. It's a bit bizarre, especially when it warns you that:
- " If you use our services, we collect and use data, for example account information, vehicle location and driving characteristics, that could identify you. We transmit this data through a dedicated, protected connection. We only collect and use data to enable your use of our services to which you have subscribed, with your consent or where permitted by law. " --Ok, so like your smart phone don't use the service I guess? It simply clutters the menus.
- "We may provide information in response to requests from law enforcement, other government authorities and third parties acting with lawful authority or through a legal process. Such information could be used by them in legal proceedings.
  • Operating states of system components, for example fuel level, tire pressure and battery charge level.
  • Vehicle and component status, for example wheel speed, deceleration, lateral acceleration and seatbelt status.
  • System responses to driving situations, for example airbag deployment and stability control.
Some of this data, when used in combination with other information, for example an accident report, damage to a vehicle or eyewitness statements, could be associated with a specific person. " -- And your vehicle becomes witness against you? Sounds like an Orwellian vehicle.
5) The cameras on this thing are useless when it rains. I would not complain about this because after all they are getting wet but in other vehicles I've own they simply were not so bad. Meaning I could still make things out as they had some level of protection but with the Bronco, they simply become useless.

I was always a true believer of the Rubicon but thought I'd give Ford a try...considering the covid price I paid for this FE, I feel a bit stupid now. Again, this could be the ramblings of a Ford newbie who just doesn't understand how things work but I guess that's what this forum is about so I definitely appreciate any input. Thanks.
With the manual, I think you can download the whole longer version from Ford.com and have a Fedex shop or printing shop make you a nice bound book.

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Answer

1, easy fix, just download and print the manual out and put it a binder.

2) keep eyes on road while driving.

3/4 welcome to the computer/Information Age shit’s just gonna get worse

5) mirrors work well in the rain

6) sell FE and buy yourself another Jeep.
I like you, and I see you're a fellow jeep owner. we need more bronco owners like you ;)

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

<........NOT having one!

Sponsored

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Re: point #4. If you read just about any EULA for just about any software product you will find that we have collectively given up any semblance of privacy. It's truly shocking what we agree to as a society with just a few mouse clicks. To give you a real-life example of just how much data Google has on people, I went to download my data. There were 53 products that had my data. The process can take hours or even days just to compile your data. Google tells you this when you try to download it. I expect that It will be multiple gigabytes of data. Not sure exactly how much mine is because I just requested it. Not using Google? Don't worry, Instagram, Facebook, and others have agreements with Google to share data because when you sign up for other services, you agree to share it. Apple, FB, Amazon, etc etc all do the same to varying degrees. Instant connectivity has changed the way we live and work for the better, but this convenience comes at a huge price: your privacy!

I'll step off my soapbox while I wait for my Bronco to be released from Ice Mountain. <drink>

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Answer for 1) saved Ford $. Here is a place to buy one like I did, they have 21 and 22 full sets: https://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.asp?class_2=FRD&Sku=M2DJ19A321AA&itemtype=N

https://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.asp?class_2=FRD&Sku=GW7J19A342BA&itemtype=N

https://www.helminc.com/helm/Result...Category=&Keyword=&Module=&selected_media=ALL

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No rear ac vents

No painted modular top

No power fold mirrors (with all the other power features???)

No gorilla glass windshield option ( once u have yours awhile, you'll get this)

But overall really liking!

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I feel the same way about the manual I do not want to have to scroll threw my screen to find what I need .I dont need to worry about the camera in the rain sense I live in Vegas and it never rains .
Look at my other post in this thread. Shows you where to acquire a full owner's manual as I did from helm!

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Butzy. Thanks. But you obviously didnt read it carefully. While I of course agree with you. I also stated that if drowsy, then the audible makes more sense than having to keep your eyes on the display. Perhaps some reading licenses need to be revoked though ; )
Twist it any way you want it. This kind of technology shouldn't exist and if anything, would piss me off more that it is in my vehicle as opposed to "doesn't suit my preferences"........if you're going to get into a 5000 pound vehicle, you should be alert and capable of doing your duty as the pilot and not nodding off at the wheel.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The tiny little six inch rear wiper blade is annoying. The Rubicon has a much bigger rear wiper. But hey, felt compelled to search for something to list on here.