First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hope I am putting this in the right place, forgive me if not. I can't complain to my neighbors because they drive fuel efficient vehicles and dont understand but I figured my Bronco brethren here might relate. I am not sure, but I think this is a general thoughts section and these are some general thoughts that perhaps Ford may find viable. It's also possible that I am mistaken, and someone may enlighten me but please be kind cause I'm a beginner.

1) Why no manual? My last vehicle had way more pages than the Bronco PDF and they had no problems putting one out. I like flipping pages and it allows me to discover interesting things about my vehicle that I may not have been looking for. I don't want to sit in my garage going through a menu on a small screen for something that sounds like what I may be looking for either.

2) What is the value of lane drift warning where you have to keep your eyes off the road and on the display in order to see if you're drifting? My last vehicle would howl at me if I came close to a road stripe. If I got tired, it would wake me up. The Bronco is mute - no audible warnings at all. I thought it was not working and totally surprised that such a pricy vehicle had no audible warning. Also, I've noticed, that it's not very good at all with markings. A great number of the time I can run over very clearly defined ones and it never warns me.

3) Electronics gone wild on this thing. I mean randomly I will get a variety of angry messages, like "Hill Start Assist Not Available", "Service AdvanceTrac", "Check Brake System", "Pre-Collision Assist Not Available", etc. - and I'm not even moving. The instrument cluster sometimes does funky things like flicker.

4) Spyware. Reading the PDF makes you realize how much spyware is installed in this thing. It's a bit bizarre, especially when it warns you that:
- " If you use our services, we collect and use data, for example account information, vehicle location and driving characteristics, that could identify you. We transmit this data through a dedicated, protected connection. We only collect and use data to enable your use of our services to which you have subscribed, with your consent or where permitted by law. " --Ok, so like your smart phone don't use the service I guess? It simply clutters the menus.
- "We may provide information in response to requests from law enforcement, other government authorities and third parties acting with lawful authority or through a legal process. Such information could be used by them in legal proceedings.
Data recorded includes, for example:
  • Operating states of system components, for example fuel level, tire pressure and battery charge level.
  • Vehicle and component status, for example wheel speed, deceleration, lateral acceleration and seatbelt status.
  • Events or errors in essential systems, for example headlamps and brakes.
  • System responses to driving situations, for example airbag deployment and stability control.
  • Environmental conditions, for example temperature.
Some of this data, when used in combination with other information, for example an accident report, damage to a vehicle or eyewitness statements, could be associated with a specific person. " -- And your vehicle becomes witness against you? Sounds like an Orwellian vehicle.
5) The cameras on this thing are useless when it rains. I would not complain about this because after all they are getting wet but in other vehicles I've own they simply were not so bad. Meaning I could still make things out as they had some level of protection but with the Bronco, they simply become useless.

I was always a true believer of the Rubicon but thought I'd give Ford a try...considering the covid price I paid for this FE, I feel a bit stupid now. Again, this could be the ramblings of a Ford newbie who just doesn't understand how things work but I guess that's what this forum is about so I definitely appreciate any input. Thanks.
Manual is online.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
3) Electronics gone wild on this thing. I mean randomly I will get a variety of angry messages, like "Hill Start Assist Not Available", "Service AdvanceTrac", "Check Brake System", "Pre-Collision Assist Not Available", etc. - and I'm not even moving. The instrument cluster sometimes does funky things like flicker.
this is not normal behavior. I suspect you may notice an odd hitch in the brake pedal when you start the car and these warnings pop up. I had the same thing.

took it in, they "reseated a connector".

It did not resolve the issue, but it seems to happen in cold weather and as the weather has warmed it has not happened again and Ive put it aside. I know they cant fix it (or verify that they fixed it) if they cant observe it happen.

but yeah, a few others have reported this behavior, hopefully someone figures out the root cause eventually so we can all get it fixed.

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

1- Download the manual as a PDF file. If you search the forum you'll find a link. While I like the idea of a paper owner's manual, the electronic version is much easier to read through on my big computer monitor.

2- The lane drift warning provides steering wheel vibration, the intensity of which can be adjusted. Admittedly I find it's not as sensitive as the camera system in my Subaru at picking up lane markings, but I'm okay with that. It would be nice to have an audible alert as well for those people who want it. Ultimately though, driving tired (we've all done it) can be dangerous and we really shouldn't rely on our car to keep us awake.

3- Make a service appointment to have that looked at.

4- It's not much different than your phone in this regard and honestly doesn't bother me since I'm not robbing banks or anything in my Bronco 🤣.

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hope I am putting this in the right place, forgive me if not. I can't complain to my neighbors because they drive fuel efficient vehicles and dont understand but I figured my Bronco brethren here might relate. I am not sure, but I think this is a general thoughts section and these are some general thoughts that perhaps Ford may find viable. It's also possible that I am mistaken, and someone may enlighten me but please be kind cause I'm a beginner.

1) Why no manual? My last vehicle had way more pages than the Bronco PDF and they had no problems putting one out. I like flipping pages and it allows me to discover interesting things about my vehicle that I may not have been looking for. I don't want to sit in my garage going through a menu on a small screen for something that sounds like what I may be looking for either.

2) What is the value of lane drift warning where you have to keep your eyes off the road and on the display in order to see if you're drifting? My last vehicle would howl at me if I came close to a road stripe. If I got tired, it would wake me up. The Bronco is mute - no audible warnings at all. I thought it was not working and totally surprised that such a pricy vehicle had no audible warning. Also, I've noticed, that it's not very good at all with markings. A great number of the time I can run over very clearly defined ones and it never warns me.

4) Spyware. Reading the PDF makes you realize how much spyware is installed in this thing. It's a bit bizarre, especially when it warns you that:
- " If you use our services, we collect and use data, for example account information, vehicle location and driving characteristics, that could identify you. We transmit this data through a dedicated, protected connection. We only collect and use data to enable your use of our services to which you have subscribed, with your consent or where permitted by law. " --Ok, so like your smart phone don't use the service I guess? It simply clutters the menus.
- "We may provide information in response to requests from law enforcement, other government authorities and third parties acting with lawful authority or through a legal process. Such information could be used by them in legal proceedings.
Data recorded includes, for example:
  • Operating states of system components, for example fuel level, tire pressure and battery charge level.
  • Vehicle and component status, for example wheel speed, deceleration, lateral acceleration and seatbelt status.
  • Events or errors in essential systems, for example headlamps and brakes.
  • System responses to driving situations, for example airbag deployment and stability control.
  • Environmental conditions, for example temperature.
Some of this data, when used in combination with other information, for example an accident report, damage to a vehicle or eyewitness statements, could be associated with a specific person. " -- And your vehicle becomes witness against you? Sounds like an Orwellian vehicle.
5) The cameras on this thing are useless when it rains. I would not complain about this because after all they are getting wet but in other vehicles I've own they simply were not so bad. Meaning I could still make things out as they had some level of protection but with the Bronco, they simply become useless.

I was always a true believer of the Rubicon but thought I'd give Ford a try...considering the covid price I paid for this FE, I feel a bit stupid now. Again, this could be the ramblings of a Ford newbie who just doesn't understand how things work but I guess that's what this forum is about so I definitely appreciate any input. Thanks.
Literally every vehicle I’ve owned for the last 10 years retains some form of driver data. If it’s got an electronic cluster that shows your speed, gas or PSI, good chance that info is stored.
Pretty sure all manufactures would share information with law enforcement given a warrant is provided.
Currently have a VW Atlas SUV and a Tesla model Y. Both have cameras that become blotchy with water when it rains. I think that’s simple normal when cameras are exposed to water? My Audi and GMC Terrain were the same.
The lane drift warning and correction…you can’t just turn it off? I find them to extremely irritating and I disable those options.
Like everyone else said, sell it. Guaranteed you’d get quite a bit over asking price. You can run it through carvana website too and have an offer in 10 mins. It’s free and easy. That’s my 2 cents.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The damn passenger side mirror is retarded....why take the top corner out Ford? Why not do that to both or better yet neither side so at least is fucking simetrical??? So stupid whomever you are that designed the Picasso mirrors.