First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Damn, sorry man. It's basically unforgiveable how fragile they designed this top and panels to be.
It's heavy fiberglass? When has that ever been something that doesn't get damaged if you drop it?

I expect you can use similar strategies that people repairing cracks on fiberglass boats use. The downside to the roof is you'll never get it back to looking like the factory finish. Or at least it would be unbelievably challenging to do so.
Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can try superglue. It's actually used in the auto body repair industry to repair cracks in plastic body panels, it comes with an accelerator so it cures fast. IF there is a thick layer to glue together, it may work well. If there is just a skin, it's gonna need reinforcement like the epoxy lakesinai used.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It's heavy fiberglass? When has that ever been something that doesn't get damaged if you drop it?

I expect you can use similar strategies that people repairing cracks on fiberglass boats use. The downside to the roof is you'll never get it back to looking like the factory finish. Or at least it would be unbelievably challenging to do so.
Itā€™s not fiberglass and definitely not heavy lmao. Itā€™s cardboard core with thin layers of polymer skin.

Ford Bronco I cracked my hard top panel *HELP* CFCB03D5-357E-4015-9312-F9AFA2B581FD

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fragile design???? With all due respect, what would you have expected? If it was aluminum and dropped on ā€œpavementā€ would the results have been any different?

I donā€™t think anyone who has posted here has declared ā€œFragile Designā€ when they have dropped their doors on the pavement. Why do you think the top different?
Triggered? Please - Dude, it's fragile. The damn thing cracks just looking at it wrong. It cracks from the weather. It cracks if you set it down a little "wrong". A reasonable expectation for a design of a removeable top and panels on a rugged off-road vehicle should be that the parts are up to the task of actually being removed and replaced. And yes, I believe that should include the occasional WHOOPS. There was simply no regard to those factors with this design. None.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bad design. That is all.

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

An excellent idea! There are marine/boat craftsman who can work magic on fiberglass and gellcoat. Unfortunately, youā€™re limited to a coastal area. Some of these people also work word of mouth, avoiding the watchful eye of the IRS.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is a thread on here somewhere that the person forgot to secure one of the to panels and it flew off while driving on highway. Same exact damage as this. He repaired it himself as it was his trade doing boat repairs. Search the forum and see how he repaired it.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All I can add is a few weeks ago there was a posting of someoneā€™s MIC top Bronco that rolled several times. The Bronco was demolished but the top looked well intact.
Sponsored