Sponsored

I don't understand it, big tires equal no roof rack?

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
The tip index of a 2 door will be far higher than a 4 door due to wheelbase. Weight means nothing here (especially for a probably 50 pound roof rack). Most 4x4 trucks from Ford/Toyota/Chevy etc are 76"s tall which is about 4 inches taller than a Bronco and they weigh more. The fact that you can do it on the 2 door and not the 4 door is a bug in the code.
Preliminary Bronco Specs heights-
2 door WT without rack. 75.2
2 door WT with rack. 78.8
4 door WT without rack. 75.3
4 door WT with rack 78.7
Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Theres a pretty specific message that you can’t, couldn’t be accidental. The 2 door is significantly lighter than the 4 door so that would explain possibly.
Curb Weight Is only 175# to #250 difference

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curb Weight Is only 175# to #250 difference
And 75# is nothing, these are vehicles people are going to cram with gear to go overlanding or off-roading. It has to be a website issue and not a capability or safety issue.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
And 75# is nothing, these are vehicles people are going to cram with gear to go overlanding or off-roading. It has to be a website issue and not a capability or safety issue.
Maybe it’s a problem with location of the rack relative to the rear wheels. So far it looks like Ford is trying to use to same length rack for both 2 & 4 door. 4 door rack looks to be forward of the rear wheels were the 2 door is behind.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe it’s a problem with location of the rack relative to the rear wheels. So far it looks like Ford is trying to use to same length rack for both 2 & 4 door. 4 door rack looks to be forward of the rear wheels were the 2 door is behind.
I really don't think so if anything that puts the load on the 4-Door closer to the center of gravity for its relative length. My reasoning for thinking that if it were a "roll-over" issue which I don't believe it is you would have your load on a 2D at the very rear of a nearly same height vehicle but much shorter.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BobN

BobN

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Colorado ZR2 Bison Diesel, 1942 Ford GPW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Considering you couldn't even find such normal amenities as LED headlamps, push button start, or keyless entry on your current $50k rig I'd say Ford is doing alright!

I dig the Bison and considered one until finding out I couldn't even option things that my $20k FiST had standard. That and it's a modern GM.
Yes, in this day and age LED headlamps not being included in the truck doesn't make sense. However, it isn't a GM upgrade on the Colorado that is available that I can't get on the Bison. Same with the push-button start, not that I ever wanted that. I have that on my WW2 jeep (a Ford), so it isn't all that new or modern. I don't use my key to get in the Bison, I use my phone or the fob (which technically is not the key as that is a separate item.) I glad to see that for the Bronco, a lot of this may be just web page glitches. If I'm spending $63K for the Badlands Sasquatch, I want to be able to get everything that's available...that I want. :)

OP
OP
BobN

BobN

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Colorado ZR2 Bison Diesel, 1942 Ford GPW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man I love that Bison! What do you think of the Duramax? I've been looking at the Bison and the ZR2 builds. Really like the 2021 models.
I really like it a lot. I have the diesel which some claim is "slow". I don't get it. I mash the pedal down and it takes off. If the street is the least bit wet, I'm squealing tires like a teenager with a hotrod. For the Bison, there's not much difference between the 2019, 2020, and 2021s. The 2019 main difference, I believe is it did not have the remote locking tailgate. 2020 has it. 2021 has it and has the embossed tailgate instead of the bowtie applique. It is really fun to drive. However, for now, I haven't had a chance to offroad between COVID 19 and work. The downside to the diesel Bison is that you are looking at a payload of only 887 pounds which includes the driver and any crew. Doesn't leave much left over for hauling on trips. It can tow 5,000 pounds but be wary of the tongue weight. Mine came with the light bar and bed-mounted tire rack. I was able to sell back the bed-mounted tire rack before the dealer installed it. I removed the light bar and lights to add an ARE Overland cap with a basket. Later I will put the lights back on the truck, likely on the basket.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, in this day and age LED headlamps not being included in the truck doesn't make sense. However, it isn't a GM upgrade on the Colorado that is available that I can't get on the Bison. Same with the push-button start, not that I ever wanted that. I have that on my WW2 jeep (a Ford), so it isn't all that new or modern. I don't use my key to get in the Bison, I use my phone or the fob (which technically is not the key as that is a separate item.) I glad to see that for the Bronco, a lot of this may be just web page glitches. If I'm spending $63K for the Badlands Sasquatch, I want to be able to get everything that's available...that I want. :)
I get it. Just had to trash talk your rig is all.

You'll love keyless entry. Not having to put your hand in your pocket for keys/fob/phone is so very nice. Walk up and push a button!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maybe, the code in the B&P is locking in the soft top on the 4 door behind the scenes. This would preclude the rack and sound deadening. As has been said...bug.

rigel

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan murano 2017
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't been able to re-find it but I swear I saw in the specs sheet months ago that the roof rack wouldn't be available with the Sasquatch. I don't remember the exact wording but it explicitly said something about no rack and Sasquatch. Not sure why everyone is so surprised. It'll be because of one of the reasons others mentioned.

Don't worry about it. You'll still be able to order a roof rack separately from your dealer. It just won't be mounted from the factory. You can install it yourself in 5 minutes.

There's more important things to worry about.
Because the A51 they unveiled was squatched and had a tent.

Sponsored

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a width issue. Once you get to a certain width you have to have the 3 lights in the middle of the roof like a Raptor or F350. The Bronco Warthog may have to do the same with its wider stance.
That would be an interesting aftermarket piece to add to my bronco :unsure: the three orange lights that is. I had a raptor for a couple of years and loved that look

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because the A51 they unveiled was squatched and had a tent.
Was not squatched...just added aftermarket wheels and tires to badlands. The guy in the video was wrong it was later announced.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's a bug people. Does not have to do with GVWR or height. The same Bronco in a 2 door with the same height can have the roof rack. As a 2 door with a shorter wheelbase it has a higher center of gravity and a much higher tip index. A 4 door with a larger wheelbase is far lower on the tip index. This is simply an error on the website. Someone set the flags wrong. And if it were true, you could just purchase the rack separate and install it yourself, same with the headliner.
It is a bug with the 4 door, you can build a 2 door with sasquatch with the roof rack:

1603562612482.png
Interesting. I'll have to try to find the sheet I'm referencing again.
The tip index of a 2 door will be far higher than a 4 door due to wheelbase. Weight means nothing here (especially for a probably 50 pound roof rack). Most 4x4 trucks from Ford/Toyota/Chevy etc are 76"s tall which is about 4 inches taller than a Bronco and they weigh more. The fact that you can do it on the 2 door and not the 4 door is a bug in the code.

This is what I've been looking for.

Ford Bronco I don't understand it, big tires equal no roof rack? 20201024_143934

The roof rails being missing from 4 door Sasquatch models is NOT an accident.
Sponsored