John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was lucky to hit a buck on my motorcycle and not fall down. He was instantly dead. Even though the bike was still rideable it did $5,500 worth of damage. Hopefully I've hit my quota and my Bronco is safe.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Ride-8-2-09/i-JJfxJDL/0/d37495b3/M/Ride 8-2-09 009b-M.jpg
Had a friend who hit a bear on his bike (no for grammar purists the bear was not on the bike until the accident) and he (not the bear) was laid up fir 6 months recovering.

I have had my share of deer. Last one took out lower bumper surround and ended up at $8000.

Had one sail over top of car and leave a hoofprint in hood and another flew completely over top of car (hillocks on both sides of road)

Depends on insurance but my carrier imposes zero deductible if there is fur left behind. Proof of animal.

Here in PA we can legally take what we hit on the road even if we don't have a hunting license. We just have to call it in (and gut it in the spot possibly)
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At least it stayed outside the vehicle. It's always annoying getting hit by a deer then having to wrangle them out of the cabin with blood and broken glass everywhere.

Cobrafang

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Get some sort of noise maker, like a hand held air horn. Maybe. I had a "huge" southern deer run full tilt into my F450. Dents from drivers door where the head hit to the rear quarter where his butt hit. Then after he woke up from his own stun he ran off. I still have yet to fix the dent. It scared the crap out of me cause it wad dark and I could not see a thing. sounded like I had been hit by a 5T rock.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When I read the title "I got lucky today" I thought this was a sexual encounter episode. Then I started reading it and its about crap load of deer. As my mind wandered a bit, I was intrigued, read on and realized it is about a deer head butting a quarter panel. Boy ol boy was I disappointed.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I live in an area that has a big national historic park that's about 3,500 acres.
The road I live on connects to said park.
We have a metric crapload of deer (big ones too, not the smaller deer like the south), and many have been displaced because of overdevelopment in the area.
As per the usual, was driving home about 20 minutes ago and see a bunch of deer being rowdy and running all over the place.
I slowed to about 5 mph and let them figure out whatever the hell they were doing then *THUD* on my passenger side rear quarter.
Then, I see the deer run by my car and cross in front of me.

I let out a very loud F-bomb (as one would) and waited for the rest of the deer to get the F out of my way so I could survey the damage.

I thought for sure my fender flare(s) were gonna be toast, along with my rear quarter.
Upon first inspection when I could pull over (to my surprise), everything looked fine ( I only had my phone light).
I thought for sure the OBX painted flare would be ripped off or at least paint be cracked/spiderwebbed/etc.
And I really thought there would be a big dent in the quarter panel.
If anyone has had a deer run into their car/truck, you know the damage it can cause.

I'm pretty sure everything is fine, but won't be able to check until the morning,
but VERY impressed that there's not a huge dent where the dumb deer decided to tackle my Bronco.

I guess deer hate mall crawlers, too.

-Tl;dr: deer ran into my OBX and luckily no damage (I think). Deer hate mall crawlers.

Will update when I can see it in the sun and make sure there's actually no damage.

handson.jpg
I actually had a brush with a deer a few weeks back in mine too. No damage to the 'ronc' but the deer didnt fare so well.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lucky yes, go buy a lottery ticket. Glad no serious damage and nobody hurt.

I'm a deer magnet. Damn things appear out of nowhere. Have had deer encounters my last 4 vehicles, including my Bronco, and a Bronco Sport before that. Luckily the Bronco damage was all cosmetic and still driveable. Was in repair for a month and $9k damage.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I once had a private audience with (ahem!) The Great Guru--himself! After I was ushered into the inner sanctum, and took a seat in the lotus position, he smiled at me benignly, and asked, "What do you want to know, my child?"
I was in such awe--I didn't know what to ask. I stumbled around, finally said, "What do I need to know to get through the travails of life?"
The Great Guru smiled benevolently, leaned forward, and softly said, "Sh*t happens."

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, we've had that Up Nort in WI....if you stop, they hit you! Crazy.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had one head but my previous vehicle door..dented ripped off mirror left hair in trim area. Rutting season they are running fast and hard staying away from deer penis.
There..now you can turn this into a dear joke.
Sponsored