BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I didn't buy a Bronco for a quiet ride on the highway and if it does leak, so what? Good chance I'll be top off in the rain at some point!

IMG_1214.jpeg
That's very fair but I would appreciate a non-leaky roof if I'm spending $50k+ on a rig......but maybe that's too much to ask in the current car market πŸ™ƒ .
Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That's very fair but I would appreciate a non-leaky roof if I'm spending $50k+ on a rig......but maybe that's too much to ask in the current car market πŸ™ƒ .
No leaks here. And why did you ever order a Bronco if you didn't want a removable top and this type of vehicle? Defender is more like a 4runner not a Bronco.

Created a whole thread to brag about and justify a defender. Glad you like it, but you'll fit in better on their forums.

But you've made it clear Ford sucks, bronco sucks, defender rules, land rover rules. Yada Yada yada

Last edited:

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, I haven't had a leak yet but I'm willing to take the chance to have a removable hardtop / soft top option and a manual transmission.

I looked at this early one but I would have had to wait a long time for it (not as long as my Bronco) and the top just wouldn't come off!!!! LOL

Ford Bronco I Might Get Crucified for this Post πŸ™ƒ IMG_7650

Yes, the Defender is very nice but a different animal than my Bronco.

OP
OP

BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Incase you thought I was kidding on me trying to find one at msrp, check this πŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ
Ay caramba. It is a lot harder to get a Defender now as compared to when I took delivery in October. And the V8 Defenders come with a HECK of a premium. I wish they did an off-road edition with the V8, instead of this street version that you'll have to make aftermarket modifications to (changing rims, tires, etc) :cry:.

Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ok, I haven't had a leak yet but I'm willing to take the chance to have a removable hardtop / soft top option and a manual transmission.

I looked at this early one but I would have had to wait a long time for it (not as long as my Bronco) and the top just wouldn't come off!!!! LOL

Yes, the Defender is very nice but a different animal than my Bronco.
Totally different type of vehicles.

Strick

Outer Banks
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Having the same thoughts BroncoFish. July, 20 reservation, January, 21 order and my dealer has no idea when I’ll see my VIN pulled. I considered the Defender but my local LR dealer has a bad rep…I need a car so put a deposit down on a 4Runner to drive until, IF, my Bronco ever makes it to production. Figure I can flip the 4 Runner if I still want the Bronco.

Did I miss an update that the MIC 2’s are problematic and have been delayed again?

Sponsored

pfbz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Turbo, 991 Turbo S, 996 turbo, Q5 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like it. I've owned both Bronco's and LR's in the past and have some connection to both... My Wildtrak 2-door finally came through about a month ago, but during the wait I seriously considered a Defender 90 P300. Even a no-option Defender compares favorably on a feature basis with a fairly high end Bronco, making the price difference far less than one might think. Sure, you *can* spend $100K+ on a Defender, but you can also get a damn nice truck for under $60K.

Quality and service on any vehicle is a bit of a crap shoot these days, we shouldn't exactly be crowing about how great a Bronco is vs. a LR considering the 2.7L issues, hardtop issues, QA issues, etc.

At any rate, enjoy, great looking truck!

(pic one of my old LR's just for fun. Extremely competent off road!)
Ford Bronco I Might Get Crucified for this Post πŸ™ƒ Land Rovery Discovery 1994 - 1

...and the new Wildtrak

Ford Bronco I Might Get Crucified for this Post πŸ™ƒ Bronco Jan 29 2022 - 1 copy

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Can't speak for others but I lost all faith in consumer reports the moment they had the new car issue in 2020 and listed the Bronco as less than reliable.

Considering there are no 2020 Broncos for them to test or collect data on, how is that possible?
Easy, they do it with every new model.

Consumer Reports' Car Reliability FAQ
When we have small sample sizes on vehicles, we may use brand history and the reliability of similar models that may share major components. This gives us the ability to predict reliability of brand-new vehicles or ones that have been recently redesigned. We will only publish the data if we feel the sample size is sufficiently large and indicative of the model.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I like it. I've owned both Bronco's and LR's in the past and have some connection to both... My Wildtrak 2-door finally came through about a month ago, but during the wait I seriously considered a Defender 90 P300. Even a no-option Defender compares favorably on a feature basis with a fairly high end Bronco, making the price difference far less than one might think. Sure, you *can* spend $100K+ on a Defender, but you can also get a damn nice truck for under $60K.

Quality and service on any vehicle is a bit of a crap shoot these days, we shouldn't exactly be crowing about how great a Bronco is vs. a LR considering the 2.7L issues, hardtop issues, QA issues, etc.

At any rate, enjoy, great looking truck!

(pic one of my old LR's just for fun. Extremely competent off road!)
Ford Bronco I Might Get Crucified for this Post πŸ™ƒ Bronco Jan 29 2022 - 1 copy
Thousands and thousands of 2.7s aren't having trouble.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Tried Land Rover once, Freelander, looked great, had all the bells and whistles. Picked it up as a Certified Used with 30,000 miles. Sure glad I got the Certified Extended Warranty. Dealer replaced the following all within 2 years: rear hatch window(faulty defroster), entire sunroof assembly (faulty motor & track), entire radio/ navigation unit, transmission and last but not least entire engine (leaking cylinder sleeves, coolant/oil mixed). Had it towed multiple times, in the dealer somewhere around 20 times in three years.
What year was the model?

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Should post this on land rover board. But glad you like your vehicle. Loving my FE Bronco and I'm having no issues either and wont have the high maintenance costs or replacement parts costs of a rover.
Slightly more than a bronco. Aren’t these $90,000?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.