RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOLOLOLOL. Your 3 examples cracked up. Seems like those are repeated over and over by the Jeep haters.
The JL and Gladiator are pretty polished. I think you should see if you could find a Mojave to test drive and do a compare and contrast.
That way you have driven the badlands and wildtrak versions of the gladiator.
I was going to drive the Mojave too, but the rubicon felt just right so I went ahead and ordered it. (Got my vin in two days!) Iā€™m hoping I can justify the rubiconā€™s front locker and sway bar disconnect one day, but if not, no big deal and I will at least learn from it. And I figure itā€™s easier to have them if I need them than to try and get them on a Mojave, but the Mojave was tempting just from reading how much people like how they ride. I figure with the rubicon, I am set stock, aside from an eventual lift and bigger tires. The most concerning thing Iā€™m experiencing as I wait for the gladiator is realizing how much extra stuff already exists for them, and how much it would cost to set it up how I like. Just deciding between caps,, bars or racks for the bed of the truck can change so much about what you can do with it, but I cannot decide which way I want to go.

I also canā€™t wait to test drive the Bronco when they come out and compare them. And Iā€™m really looking forward to seeing what Jeep and Bronco do in the next few years to try and one-up each other.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It amazes that my Tremor is the same price as the gladiator.
F250 Tremor? I can't believe people would pay that much for a Gladiator. They do not have anywhere near the features of a Ford truck, they are not comfortable, and the power is lacking. I was considering one before the Bronco came out and test drove one. I was unimpressed. Ford trucks are very hard to beat IMO.

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats to those who love Gladiators, but they just look like a Frankenstein truck to me.
Youā€™re not wrong! lol They definitely took a small truck bed and smashed it onto a Jeep, and I can see why it makes purists angry. And Iā€™m not a fan of how they look without a lift. But Iā€™m hoping itā€™ll be fun to take it topless and through the woods, and Iā€˜ll only ever need a small truck bed.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
F250 Tremor? I can't believe people would pay that much for a Gladiator. They do not have anywhere near the features of a Ford truck, they are not comfortable, and the power is lacking. I was considering one before the Bronco came out and test drove one. I was unimpressed. Ford trucks are very hard to beat IMO.
Yes 250 Tremor 7.3 15k tow about 20k 5th wheel and 3k payload. All this and its .1 behind the 6.7 in 0-60. haha
Wanted 2 2dr Rubicon JL stick and the dealer I stopped at had 4 of them all with the same options all had been there over 3 months. Salesman bragged about being the best dealer with the best pricing. Insta post from the dealer advertised $8k off of JL's, dealer in Idaho was giving $8k off of rubicon JL, I asked for $7k off the $53k msrp.
Sales manager said $2.5k was the best he could do, I said no wonder they have been here for 3 months plus. Walked across the street and ordered my Tremor $60k msrp picked it up for $54k.
On the drive home the sales manager emailed me not knowing it was me that was in an hour earlier. Said that they had a meeting and were able to give special pricing on the 2 dr rubicon stick.
Youā€™re not wrong! lol They definitely took a small truck bed and smashed it onto a Jeep, and I can see why it makes purists angry. And Iā€™m not a fan of how they look without a lift. But Iā€™m hoping itā€™ll be fun to take it topless and through the woods, and Iā€˜ll only ever need a small truck bed.
I thought that way too until I tried to put my bike in the bed of a short bed 19 Tacoma TRD OR. I liked my 87/94/01/08 Ranger bed more. Haha

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

on some trails I was uncomfortable doing with a standard (quite lurchy in 1st, low 4, going up a series of ledges. Probably should have tried 2nd but I was well into it and didn't want to stop my momentum and roll backwards like I saw one do earlier)
This is a combination of getting used to a couple of things.
If you are climbing, in 1st 4LOW, learn how steep of a climb you can do without giving it any gas. You will be surprised what it can crawl with minimal gas.
On top of that, second gear, as you stated is your friend. In competition, I rarely used 1st gear due to how much smoother 2nd was, and also having a higher range of RPMS. Get used to it.
Both of these are just seat time and practicing on non extreme obstacles.

And now for a super sneaky TJ Trick for the manuals.
Open up the hood and look for where the cruise control connects to the throttle body. It is cable driven and has a gray connector that can be pulled off.
Now, go buy yourself a shifter and the cable plus sleeve for a 10-15 speed bicycle. Snake this cable through the grommet in the firewall above the foot pedals. Attach the shifter side to the TJ's Stick shifter post. In the engine bay, run the cable to the bracket that holds the cables for the throttle body. You will want to drill a hole and mount this end just like it is mounted on a bicycle. Either get another gray connector that the Cruise control uses and crimp that on, or just make a loop.
Attach that to where you removed the cruise control connector.

Now you can use your left foot for the clutch,
your right foot for the brake pedal,
your left hand to steer
and your right hand to shift and control the gas.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Itā€™s happening.

People are starting to trickle over to Jeep.

Even some people who wouldnā€™t be getting a new car otherwise, got hyped about the Bronco, and are now getting a Wrangler.

Ford is bringing new customers to Jeep.
I am about to do the same. I have found a Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon fully loaded in "Nacho" color (rare). $10K more than the Bronco but not sure I care. IF I knew there was just 6 more months for FORD to resolve the Webasto issue and start cranking these out in large numbers...I would wait. But, FORD won't tell us anything nor give us some rough timeline. After waiting now almost a year, as loyal customers....don't we deserve to know? Even if it is bad news? I will make a decision, probably soon.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems to be more and more of these types posts, probably will continue to grow understandably:

"Hi..........hadn't planned on buying a jeep, but got sick of waiting for a Bronco so I ordered a rubicon"
I am about to do the same. I have found a Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon fully loaded in "Nacho" color (rare). $10K more than the Bronco but not sure I care. IF I knew there was just 6 more months for FORD to resolve the Webasto issue and start cranking these out in large numbers...I would wait. But, FORD won't tell us anything nor give us some rough timeline. After waiting now almost a year, as loyal customers....don't we deserve to know? Even if it is bad news? I will make a decision, probably soon.
Its funny how many of these posts we see here now.........wasn't really looking to order a jeep in 2020 but got sick of waiting for the Bronco so I got a rubicon instead

Totally get it, so many of us thought we'd be driving a Ford sometime this summer

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im gonna have both.
Who the hell needs 2 kidneys anyway?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a combination of getting used to a couple of things.
If you are climbing, in 1st 4LOW, learn how steep of a climb you can do without giving it any gas. You will be surprised what it can crawl with minimal gas.
On top of that, second gear, as you stated is your friend. In competition, I rarely used 1st gear due to how much smoother 2nd was, and also having a higher range of RPMS. Get used to it.
Both of these are just seat time and practicing on non extreme obstacles.

And now for a super sneaky TJ Trick for the manuals.
Open up the hood and look for where the cruise control connects to the throttle body. It is cable driven and has a gray connector that can be pulled off.
Now, go buy yourself a shifter and the cable plus sleeve for a 10-15 speed bicycle. Snake this cable through the grommet in the firewall above the foot pedals. Attach the shifter side to the TJ's Stick shifter post. In the engine bay, run the cable to the bracket that holds the cables for the throttle body. You will want to drill a hole and mount this end just like it is mounted on a bicycle. Either get another gray connector that the Cruise control uses and crimp that on, or just make a loop.
Attach that to where you removed the cruise control connector.

Now you can use your left foot for the clutch,
your right foot for the brake pedal,
your left hand to steer
and your right hand to shift and control the gas.
Points well taken and thank you for the advice and tricks.
Like seriously appreciate it!

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™ve had three TJs and never experienced death wobble.

the TJ still just looks right to me.

wish I could find a clean electric lime green Tj

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems to be more and more of these types posts, probably will continue to grow understandably:

"Hi..........hadn't planned on buying a jeep, but got sick of waiting for a Bronco so I ordered a rubicon"

Its funny how many of these posts we see here now.........wasn't really looking to order a jeep in 2020 but got sick of waiting for the Bronco so I got a rubicon instead

Totally get it, so many of us thought we'd be driving a Ford sometime this summer
Yep. If we had an end in sight this would be easier. Had a discussion with a line worker. He said the soft tops are crap and many issues with quality control on the Webasto hard tops. It does not sound good and it also does not sound like their is a resolution coming to this top issue very fast. I want the Bronco but won't wait forever....and right now, forever seems to be where we are at (if you want the hardtop).

Demoncleaner

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave 6 speed
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ordered the Mojave 6-10, got a VIN today, scheduled to ship from the assembly plant a week from today. Good grief, what a contrastā€¦

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know this is a Jeep thread, but I never really understood the Tremor package. Ford has offered a rear locker for years, 35" for years. So, they added a front limited slip. Big deal.

Looks like the Tremor starts around $55k. You could buy an XL and add a limited slip for a hell of a lot less money. Ford sure is good at marketing.

Black Bronco Convertible

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
amzn.to
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
I want a Bronco mainly for the IFS and sport bar delete, but I'm also waiting until aftermarket makes the bronco look better than how my Jeep looks right now.
Ford Bronco I ordered a Jeep today.. IMG_5139_Original

Ford Bronco I ordered a Jeep today.. D582D409-949B-431E-A76B-EB52BF2593AB
Ford Bronco I ordered a Jeep today.. 9701DC24-C65F-43C1-BFAC-6D8A88F97A16
Sponsored