First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I take the panels off all the time. It's one of the main reasons I wanted this vehicle. To each his or her own, but I would not have been interested in this truck without a removable roof. My kid giggles uncontrollably every time he rides in it with the MIC panels off above 40mph, especially if I have the 2nd row panel removed. He loves the wind, and so do I.

Last edited:

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I take the panels off all the time. It's one of the main reasons I wanted this vehicle. To each his or her own, but I would not have been interested in this truck without a removable roof. My kid giggles uncontrollably every time he rides in it with the MIC panels off and we go above 40mph, especially if I have the 2nd row panel removed. He loves the wind, and so do I.
Same. JL would have been my purchase if top and doors did not come off.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
10 years with my Jeep and for me personally doors off is way better than top down.
As someone who has enough eastern European heritage to be allergic to the sun, agreed. Couldn't care less if the roof comes off, but doors? Hell yeah.

Bad Apple

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E43 MB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Too each his own. I have the MIC but would have paid more for a fixed roof. I will take panels off from time to time but would rather have had less wind noise (with the MIC fully in place vs a true hardtop) if that were a choice. Between the wind at 65-75mph (slower is no problem) and the Sasquatch 35" tire road noise, mine is a noisy beast. Not bad with the radio blasting but somewhat tough for making phone calls.

Sponsored

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why buy a Bronco if you don’t take the top and doors off? Plenty of other 4x4 you can buy are more than capable especially once you start mods. Jeeps and Broncos are supposed to be doorless!
Outside of a Wrangler, there are no other 4x4s that are two-door with a manual, which are two of the main reasons I chose the Bronco.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Outside of a Wrangler, there are no other 4x4s that are two-door with a manual, which are two of the main reasons I chose the Bronco.
At least not in USA

CJtoJLU

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon Extreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It was a nice day out and I've owned my Bronco for almost two months now, so I decided to try removing the roof panels for the three mile drive back home from the grocery store. I didn't have the special storage bag with me, but I have a bunch of towels in the back, so they were still protected. It was easy enough to get them off, since I don't currently have the roof rack installed. For some reason I was surprised that they pretty much block the view out the back.

My opinion of the experience is that it's slightly better than a sun roof, but not nearly as good as a real convertible. The wind buffeting was extreme even at 40 mph. And it wasn't clear to me if it was better with the windows up or down. Once I got home, it was easy enough to re-install them. Just gotta remember driver-side comes off first and goes on last.

I'll be sticking to my Mustang from here on for open air driving. Those roof panels will be saying on the Bronco.

NWrxLZf.jpg
Did the same with my Jeep JL for the first time this weekend. My assessment was similar. Loud wind noise, fatiguing drive, no plan to drive with only the panels off anymore, I think it’ll be better when I take the top completely down later this spring.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I assumed "new" was implied, my mistake.
Why limit yourself. Even the high end race cars do not have manuals. Ferrari, Mclaren, Bentley, Lamborghini, Porsche Turbo, if you want a manual you have to buy used.
Oh wait you can get a new singer with 3 pedals…

New:
1DE04AC9-3F95-47E1-BA2A-F1B9AC7A0881.jpeg

Damn tops and doors still come off.

Reactions: jon

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I just took ALL my panels off. Put on the Bestop. It was a PITA to install, but I’m pretty pleased with how rattle-free and quiet it is. Looks good.
Ford Bronco I removed my roof panels - once is enough 7CE50197-6AA3-46BA-B19F-8FAC92F85D4A
Ford Bronco I removed my roof panels - once is enough 4DB94669-8816-48D1-9C8B-C31DA47B81D0

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well I just took ALL my panels off. Put on the Bestop. It was a PITA to install, but I’m pretty pleased with how rattle-free and quiet it is. Looks good.
Ford Bronco I removed my roof panels - once is enough 4DB94669-8816-48D1-9C8B-C31DA47B81D0
Thanks for sharing!

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why limit yourself. Even the high end race cars do not have manuals. Ferrari, Mclaren, Bentley, Lamborghini, Porsche Turbo, if you want a manual you have to buy used.
Oh wait you can get a new singer with 3 pedals…

New:

Damn tops and doors still come off.
I've been driving manuals since I learned how to drive in the mid '80s, I like driving manuals. Sorry some people have different tastes than you do. Also, don't have several hundred thousand dollars for a resto-mod, and not sure why your brought super cars into the conversation since we are talking about 4x4s. I'm sure most people on this forum can list several, if not dozens, of 2-door manuals that are no longer available new with a factory warrantee. Not looking for a project vehicle, and I am not a millionaire, so Bronco was one of two choices (Wrangler being the other), and I did not want a Jeep.
Sponsored