Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond,Black, 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Howdy all!

Background: 2022 Bronco non sas 4DR Black Diamond. Looking to get more off-road performance but nothing too too crazy. Mostly forest trails in Colorado for hunting and occasionally some Moab trips. Looking for opinions on these 2 kits and what people think would be best. Probably 35” tires only. Thanks in advance!

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/k...h-icon-stage-4-suspension-system-tubular.html

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/21bronckings2-21-22-bronco-king-2-5-stage-2-package.html
Sponsored

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AE86 Corolla (S2K SWAP), 08 Acura MDX AKA THE GOAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sell the stuff and truthfully you can not go wrong with either, but they are definitely very different. The Kings are more linearly valved while the Icons are more digressive. In English, that means the Icons will have less body roll and brake dive, but will be stiffer over some smaller bumps and will use more travel on bigger hits. Kings will be softer on small bumps, more supportive on bigger hits, and will be overall better for higher speed off-roading. There is a reason they are one of the "Kings" of the desert. Although Icon does not list their extended and compressed lengths like King does, they do list some pretty big travel numbers at 11.5" front and 14" rear, so I would presume they cycle a touch more travel than the Kings. Although I am not sure it would help much in the way of high-speed off-roading, that little bit of extra travel from the Icons may be beneficial for articulation on slower speed trails. No doubt the Kings will probably be more comfortable, but even with the compression adjuster, they will still have more body roll than the Icon. Obviously, nobody can make that choice for you, but from the sound of things, you may be better suited in the Icons. They may feel a little firmer at times, but the CDCV adjustment should help, and I think that is a worthwhile sacrifice for a lot less body rolly and brake dive on a lifted rig. They also may blow through their travel a little faster when you hit something really hard, but they are still plenty supportive, so you will probably never feel your bump stops through normal trail driving. Plus that little bit of extra travel will definitely help keep all 4 tires on the ground more often when the trail gets more technical. Like I said, up to you, but if it is more of a daily driver and traditional trail rig, go Icon for sure.

OP
OP
Renshaw89

Renshaw89

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond,Black, 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you so much man! That was a great write up and basically summed up everything that I have read. Certainly like the price point of the Kings but just seems like the Icons are probably worth the extra money and slight additional travel.
You’re the man!

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You may want to check with stage 3 motorsports. The kings in the link show an adjustable reservoir in the picture, I'm pretty sure at that price they are only the non adjustable coilovers. I'm not sure why, but all of the packages that include kings appear to be the same as well.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I sell the stuff and truthfully you can not go wrong with either, but they are definitely very different. The Kings are more linearly valved while the Icons are more digressive. In English, that means the Icons will have less body roll and brake dive, but will be stiffer over some smaller bumps and will use more travel on bigger hits. Kings will be softer on small bumps, more supportive on bigger hits, and will be overall better for higher speed off-roading. There is a reason they are one of the "Kings" of the desert. Although Icon does not list their extended and compressed lengths like King does, they do list some pretty big travel numbers at 11.5" front and 14" rear, so I would presume they cycle a touch more travel than the Kings. Although I am not sure it would help much in the way of high-speed off-roading, that little bit of extra travel from the Icons may be beneficial for articulation on slower speed trails. No doubt the Kings will probably be more comfortable, but even with the compression adjuster, they will still have more body roll than the Icon. Obviously, nobody can make that choice for you, but from the sound of things, you may be better suited in the Icons. They may feel a little firmer at times, but the CDCV adjustment should help, and I think that is a worthwhile sacrifice for a lot less body rolly and brake dive on a lifted rig. They also may blow through their travel a little faster when you hit something really hard, but they are still plenty supportive, so you will probably never feel your bump stops through normal trail driving. Plus that little bit of extra travel will definitely help keep all 4 tires on the ground more often when the trail gets more technical. Like I said, up to you, but if it is more of a daily driver and traditional trail rig, go Icon for sure.
Are these two options for SAS or non-SAS Broncos? I have 4 Dr OBX non- SAS and I'm seriously looking at the Icon 4 Billet.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went Icons because I’m slow speed. Would have been more interested in the Kings if I was high speed. Maybe try to join a local group that might have Broncos with both so you can feel before you buy.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
37s will cause issues with rubbing on the king reservoirs without wheels spacers or a aggressive offset, just a fyi. I know you said probably not bigger than 35s. I put 35s on my non sas BD and it looks great, but 37s would look better

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AE86 Corolla (S2K SWAP), 08 Acura MDX AKA THE GOAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are these two options for SAS or non-SAS Broncos? I have 4 Dr OBX non- SAS and I'm seriously looking at the Icon 4 Billet.
Yup. Just about any aftermarket loaded coilover set up and just about every arm works on SAS and Non SAS models. The only difference really is ride height. So what might give 3" on a Non-SAS will give about 2" of lift on SAS and about 2.5" on a Badlands although for the most part final ride height on both would be the same.
Sponsored