Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Disconnected 100% of the time the minute I leave asphalt. Always always
That's why I've never understood the fascination with the electronic disconnect. As soon as I hit dirt - pop the staun's on the tires and while they're deflating, reach under the bumper and unhook the quick disco's. 3 minutes and ready to roll... I've never thought 'Gee, I wish my sway bar was connected' while out on a trail

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

great video, shows me I bought the right rig for me. I have little interest in trails like this, but it's great to know that I could climb over something like that if I had to. Mine will stay stock and only get upgrades or added things that I actually need, nothing for looks or bling. And it looks like I won't have to add a thing for a good while for the kind of trails I plan on exploring. Love my Bronco! (Though I'd be more than happy if I had a Rubi parked next to it too, just not made of money, LOL)

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great news is that we’re working with next venture motorsports to come up with skids and sliders that utilize UHMW so you never get hung up again at all
Well done video! It’s good to know that in stock configuration the rig has more than enough capability for any terrain I plan to drive.

By “UHMW” you mean the super plastic defined below? Assuming that’s correct what are the advantages over metal? Tougher, slicker, doesn’t dent, no rust?

Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE, UHMW) is a subset of the thermoplastic polyethylene. Also known as high-modulus polyethylene, (HMPE), it has extremely long chains, with a molecular mass usually between 3.5 and 7.5 million amu.[1]The longer chain serves to transfer load more effectively to the polymer backbone by strengthening intermolecular interactions. This results in a very tough material, with the highest impact strength of any thermoplastic presently made.

Sponsored

skiborsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRX, Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installing and testing sliders Wednesday. They protect your door not only from rocks but door dings and flying rocks from gravel roads so they don’t hit the paint on the bottom of the door. It’s a win win win. And easy bolt on installation
Any chance they'll have a step function for those who didn't opt for Plan B/have little people at home?

By the way, long time subscriber and still remember your excitement when you got new fender lights and woke up early to install them in a hotel parking lot.

Great to see a similar level of enthusiasm for the Bronco on display in your latest video (although I think you may have finally killed the fender light a couple weeks ago)!

Last edited:

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great content. I’d love to see a few vids on trials like this with a 2D BadSquatch.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well done video! It’s good to know that in stock configuration the rig has more than enough capability for any terrain I plan to drive.

By “UHMW” you mean the super plastic defined below? Assuming that’s correct what are the advantages over metal? Tougher, slicker, doesn’t dent, no rust?

Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE, UHMW) is a subset of the thermoplastic polyethylene. Also known as high-modulus polyethylene, (HMPE), it has extremely long chains, with a molecular mass usually between 3.5 and 7.5 million amu.[1]The longer chain serves to transfer load more effectively to the polymer backbone by strengthening intermolecular interactions. This results in a very tough material, with the highest impact strength of any thermoplastic presently made.
UHMW is the way.
I'm personally glad to see it becoming more prevalent on Control arms, sliders, etc.
It's tough as nails, nice and slick. And most companies that use it make it so that it is replaceable when it does get beat up or unusable for its intended purpose. Usually by attaching it with countersunk fasteners, so nothing gets caught and torn off.
I'm glad to see companies begin to use it, as I was going to add it to my control arms and such personally.

Another good thing I am starting to see shock and control arm bracket skids come onto market. A year and two years from now the marketplace is gonna be insane with stuff.

EDIT:
Awesome video, LB. I like the upbeat fun you two have, and a marriage that allows you both to share that passion and adventure. Keep on sharing the content!

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@LiteBrite it would be great as you prove the Bronco out to have Chris throw it up on the lift for a post inspection. Is all the scrapping just doing cosmetic damage or are you headed towards part failure after the 3rd or 4th trip?

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

When I ran vegas, I had the SBD disconnected the entire time except for the 20+ mph baja runs which it will auto connect for you, without it like the Wildtrak that was in front of me gets all sort of out of shape in the good stuff.

LiteBrite

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's why I've never understood the fascination with the electronic disconnect. As soon as I hit dirt - pop the staun's on the tires and while they're deflating, reach under the bumper and unhook the quick disco's. 3 minutes and ready to roll... I've never thought 'Gee, I wish my sway bar was connected' while out on a trail
Because when you go from rocks to high speed desert to sand dunes all in the same area you want the sway bar to connect again for the high speed sections and sand duning. It’s very nice to have it available when you live in the desert and then I just go right to pavement and keep driving. To each their own but there is definitely a good use for it

LiteBrite

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yes they will be full aluminum belly skids to keep weight at a minimum and then covered with UHMW. It’s very slippery and absorbs impact so it not felt as much and it’s silent so no metal scraping noises and also it’s easily replaceable so you don’t damage the skids but it’s very hard to damage or wear down. We use it in our Offroad race vehicles and Jeeps and sxs. It’s an amazing product.

LiteBrite

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I absolutely use goat modes. Rocks for rock crawling and Baja for sand duning. It slows you to use the front facing camera and adjust your throttle sensitivity which is really helpful. Sway bar disconnected the minute I leave pavement and lockers only when needed. No lockers going down hill ever (unless you are hung up or stuck) both lockers for vertical climbs. No one pedal at all. That’s good for beginners to learn how to 2 foot drive
Sponsored