Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No offense, but just seems Bronco is a bad fit for a lot of people. Hearing the cargo needs of many, it just seems a crew cab F150 fits the bill so much better. For dogs, guns and needing to haul 4 people more comfortably, this seems a less than optimal choice. Even in 4dr config, it seems more a fun 2 person runabout or short camping duration rig.

If was still hunting, or wanted to camp or overland for long durations, I would choose something else, that had more versatility. Even for me, its borderline impractical and I don't have kids at home or plan to overland or camp for more than a couple nights at most, infrequently.
I agree with you.

There are a couple of things at play here:

This is a true SPORT Utility Vehicle. Even though it has a variety of uses, it is not specifically designed to be a family hauler, a large trailer hauler, a road tripping vehicle. It is meant to minimally check a lot of boxes but not optimize many of those uses...hence the utility value it provides.

The Bronco is a Sports car...which often means the "fun" is weighted greater the design than other aspects of use. If you think of the Bronco as a sports car instead of a replacement for your minivan, you will be much happier.

The bronco was designed to maximize fun. Top off, doors off, off road...all wrapped up in a package that can minimally meet your daily needs.

Many people here seem to over estimate the market for vehicles. If Ford thought a giant 2dr off road vehicle would be more marketable than the currently right-sized Bronco, they would have built it and launched this bloated vehicle. That isn't what happened though.

In the end, people need to accept the Bronco for what it is. Some people will be left outside the happiness bubble, and that is OK. It wasn't designed for you. Your needs require a more specialized vehicle that is not the Bronco.
Sponsored

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I agree with you.

There are a couple of things at play here:

This is a true SPORT Utility Vehicle. Even though it has a variety of uses, it is not specifically designed to be a family hauler, a large trailer hauler, a road tripping vehicle. It is meant to minimally check a lot of boxes but not optimize many of those uses...hence the utility value it provides.

The Bronco is a Sports car...which often means the "fun" is weighted greater the design than other aspects of use. If you think of the Bronco as a sports car instead of a replacement for your minivan, you will be much happier.

The bronco was designed to maximize fun. Top off, doors off, off road...all wrapped up in a package that can minimally meet your daily needs.

Many people here seem to over estimate the market for vehicles. If Ford thought a giant 2dr off road vehicle would be more marketable than the currently right-sized Bronco, they would have built it and launched this bloated vehicle. That isn't what happened though.

In the end, people need to accept the Bronco for what it is. Some people will be left outside the happiness bubble, and that is OK. It wasn't designed for you. Your needs require a more specialized vehicle that is not the Bronco.

Yep agree. It is a very cool vehicle in my opinion. Nothing I saw at the Portland event changed that for me. It just isn't very big in the ways we think of big cars now. It looks rather big in stance, just not much load capacity. I think they did a nice job and agree with the "Right Sized" comment. I think somehow people thought it was going to be significantly bigger than the Wranglers. The last 7 or so years now, I love my Jeep, but it is not a very utilitarian vehicle for daily life. I nearly cancelled the Bronco order months ago and bought a truck, but the wife told me that was the dumbest thing she had ever heard, and that if I needed to haul something on occasion, just go rent one.

I tend to agree now, that in three or four years, they will start to hit the used market, as folks will have had their fun, and get something more suited to their needs.

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I agree with much of the original post. My dealership finally had a couple of Broncos on display this week, but unfortunately nothing sexy - an OB and BB, both non squatched, and both soft top. It was great to finally sit in a couple, but it also has me rethinking my choices. The OB had the LUX package and the BB didn’t have any package. And honestly, besides the 12” screen, they both felt and looked the same. Even though I knew the subtle differences between the trims (b/c I’ve been addicted to this for 12 months), both Broncos felt the exact same when I sat in them. My point is that I’m beginning to realize the trims are just so similar that there is no real separation between the trims and no reason to overpay for some of the options. My opinion is that you get the bare minimum of your “must haves” and then just go after market everything else, building your rig the way you want. I’ve heard people mention this before in other threads, but it took me sitting in one to understand the logic.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t threaten me with a good time.

No honestly a semi HD full-size would be perfect, kinda like an H2 that has the 2,200lb payload capacity, you never feel like the payload is going to run out.
Not certain I could afford one. But I'd be all over that Excursion Tremor! Lol

Really, just a new Excursion would be nice. A stout, enclosed heavy hauler/tower.
The 2500 Suburbans are getting hard to come by too.
Those things were legendary among the snow bird crowd, and well, I'm getting up there now! Got a ways to go yet, but for me,, big 4 doors are in and sports cars are out, nowadays.

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My bird dogs are right in that 55 pound range and I wish I had measured my kennels before going to know for sure. My best guess is that two standard medium sized kennels won't quite fit. The latch mechanism on the swig gate eats up some space. So even if they just fit side by side The latch may get in the way. If you have a bigger dogs like labs or big GSPs then I don't see anyway you are getting two large kennels in the back.

I think something like would work for medium sized dogs. https://www.easyloaderkennels.com/products/deuce

I'm sure there are is a thread or two with exact dimensions. Even if you find kennels to fit, you also have to get all your other gear: cooler, guns, boots, clothes, recovery gear, first aid kit, tent, sleeping bag etc. It's perhaps doable if you use the rear seat and plan carefully, but it would be so much better if the rear seat laid flat with the floor or was removable.

The pictures are pretty true to actual on the AMB. It's a very dark color, almost black but does have a hint of blue.
I checked out those kennels, they are pretty nice! I agree with you thoughts on the back seat. When I finally get my rig I may look at that slide out tailgate to see it that will reall level thing out with out sacrificing to much head room space. I got a kennel rough sketched out with a gun box / gear box on top but I will really just need to get measurements after I get it.
Been thinking about a roof cargo box also, not a big fan but it’s an option.
Mine ride behind my seat I’m my ram in med kennels so I should be ok?
What kind of dogs are you running?

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Funny you say it that way. My wife and I had been considering a Miata...Until the Bronco became a reality! Now were going to be able to enjoy that top down experience any where we want!

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Silver BD was a Lux Package and the AMB was a Mid Package.

As others have noted, the 2021 is not a full sized suv. That seems to be a constant disappointment for full size (and super duty) drivers. Compared to Jeep, it's equivalent with various trade-offs.

The reason MGV is not in the back of the rear seats is because if MGV will scratch and tear against metal/wood and sharp objects when they're in the down position and used as an extension of the bed.
Um, never said we wanted MGV seat backs. We wanted seat backs made out of Washout floor material. If not we, then I . . .

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Um, never said we wanted MGV seat backs. We wanted seat backs made out of Washout floor material. If not we, then I . . .
Exactly. Make the back of the rear seat out of the same stuff as the floor.
Sponsored