Sponsored

In this relationship with Ford are we essentially the spouse that gets cheated on and consoled with gifts?

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Happy Labor Day to all and especially to those workers at Ford plants that have been pulling all stops to make us fulfill our dreams own Broncos. Sometimes I should sympathize with the humanity involved.

Now for a little levity: I just got booted out of a Starbucks because they couldn’t get enough workers to serve customers all day, so, instead, I had to return home and figure out a way to exhaust this caffeine in my body; then I started thinking about my relationship with Ford.So, who else, out there, thinks in this relationship with Ford we are like the spouse that gets “fancy” gifts for forgiveness ( aka hammocks, Ford points, “ there is still some wild out there” tags) every time the other spouse has not been in the best behnavior. I am curious to learn with what/whom you would compare your relationship with Ford through out your Bronco purchase experience.
Ford Bronco In this relationship with Ford are we essentially the spouse that gets cheated on and consoled with gifts? 00447F4A-E0A1-43BB-8DE6-B0C9BBC5D7FB
Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I didn't see anyone mention this but maybe I'm out of the loop. I got this "hang in there" letter from Ford / Team Bronco and a blah mini poster thing and a sticker.

F61916AF-BC28-425C-ABB7-80F8645E8730.jpeg

OP
OP
moisea

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I didn't see anyone mention this but maybe I'm out of the loop. I got this "hang in there" letter from Ford / Team Bronco and a blah mini poster thing and a sticker.

Ford Bronco In this relationship with Ford are we essentially the spouse that gets cheated on and consoled with gifts? F61916AF-BC28-425C-ABB7-80F8645E8730
This was the first “consolation package” I got. It struck me as being counter intuitive because it was talking-up the outdoors experience that the delays were keeping us from having.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do what now?

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel more like a battered spouse that keeps going back to the abuser.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Happy Labor Day to all and especially to those workers at Ford plants that have been pulling all stops to make us fulfill our dreams own Broncos. Sometimes I should sympathize with the humanity involved.

Now for a little levity: I just got booted out of a Starbucks because they couldn’t get enough workers to serve customers all day, so, instead, I had to return home and figure out a way to exhaust this caffeine in my body; then I started thinking about my relationship with Ford.So, who else, out there, thinks in this relationship with Ford we are like the spouse that gets “fancy” gifts for forgiveness ( aka hammocks, Ford points, “ there is still some wild out there” tags) every time the other spouse has not been in the best behnavior. I am curious to learn with what/whom you would compare your relationship with Ford through out your Bronco purchase experience.
00447F4A-E0A1-43BB-8DE6-B0C9BBC5D7FB.jpg
I dont see any evidence that one partner cheated. More like a marriage or business partnership that faces a series of unexpected financial pitfalls, unexpected market changes, disease and sickness, and the parties are deciding if its time to part ways, or if there's enough trust and good will to stay together during the hardship and plan for better times together. Maybe one partner is blaming the other for some questionable business decisions, but no intentional ill will.

Except, you could say that those who've gone and bought a Jeep are the ones who are being unfaithful . . .

Last edited:

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's more like Stockholm syndrome...

OP
OP
moisea

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I dont see any evidence that one partner cheated. More like a marriage or business partnership that faces a series of unexpected financial pitfalls, unexpected market changes, disease and sickness, and the parties are deciding if its time to part ways, or if there's enough trust and good will to stay together during the hardship and plan for better times together. Maybe one partner is blaming the other for some questionable business decisions, but no intentional ill will.

Except, you fould say those who've gone and bought a Jeep as being unfaithful . . .
😂😂😂😂😂😂 I concur with the Jeep reference.
I agree that there is a lot of force majeur but there have been instances where some proposed steps like Ford by-passing existing reservation holders to sell available trims to new comers and non reservation holders or the the instances of dealership attempting to profit off the crisis and no visible signs of crackdown from Ford on the outrageous markups. None of these is illegal but none makes for a healthy relationship, either.

OP
OP
moisea

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I feel more like a battered spouse that keeps going back to the abuser.
And given the frequency of the “beatings” if I keep getting gifts, when I finally leave, I will need a Uhaul to haul just the gifts I have accumulated.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t know how many of these threads we need. Either switch to a soft top, accept you’ve got at LEAST a 6 month wait if you don’t have a VIN and wait for the MIC top, or go buy another vehicle. That’s why Ford made it clear that there will be no more hard top VINS for the year. It’s really not that hard, complaining or claiming you are in an abusive relationship is silly. Ford has a priority list, and you can jump to the front if you accept the top option they have available.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think Ford means well, but it is naive to think dealers are going to think of thier customers first. Look at how many are screwing order holders.
I am a early reservation holder. I want a Bronco but don’t have to have one. If my present ride gives out before my new Bronco is delivered, I’ll just have to buy something else.
Ford should be dealing directly with reservation holders and bypass the dealers. Better results- better PR.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And given the frequency of the “beatings” if I keep getting gifts, when I finally leave, I will need a Uhaul to haul just the gifts I have accumulated.
and a vehicle to haul it with.

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel like i've been cheated on and battered. Then I built up enough courage to leave and go to the battered men shelter. Then Ford sent me gifts in the mail and exploited my weekness. Then i came back home thinking things would be better. Then it started all over again, "You better do the dishes if you know what's good for ya".

Last edited:

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am beyond frustrated. Quite frankly....so is my Salesman. Now they are changing features, some price protection!!!, arg.....now the Ford Winch mount and winch won't go on the BD. Seems like my have to's are now...you ain't gettin' it! Can't get answers..... THERE IS NO BLUE PILL TO FIX THIS!!! :LOL: Ford is like a wife saying "NO" on a Saturday morning. More let downs. Not sure how much more I will take. I did order a Ranger Tremor besides the Bronco. I damn sure hope it shows up by Christmas.....because I doubt the Bronco will show up by Fall of 2022. If the Ranger order has problems like the Bronco...well...then the Wife said "NO" and so did the Girlfriend..."NO". :giggle:🤭
Sponsored