Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did an almost identical upgrade on my Bronco, can confirm this is a substantial improvement for little expense.

pre-Forscan changes the additional clarity is incredible. No need for bass blockers in the rear but 100% recommend for the dash.

The Forscan change livens up the sound quality, mainly noticed from the rear but overall it does improve the overall fullness.

No weird/wonky chimes or vehicle behaviors on my end after applying the change to the ACM for me. I spent a bunch of time testing out different values (00, 01, 02) and 00 seemed the most effective for my ears.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been watching sound system threads where Forscan changes are all over the place. Some people get good results, others say there is no change at all? What about you young Jedi?
Oh there is definitely improved frequency range being sent to the rear now. So much so that I've faded my sound two notches backward and left it there. I'm happy. I still have matching kick panel speakers standing by swap in and haven't really felt the need now, though I probably will still do it at some point on a rainy day.

Totality of mods: 2 x Kicker 46CSC44, 300hz blockers + Boom Mats in front, 2 x Kicker 46CSC44 in rear pods, ForScan adjusted 382B to 3800

I primarily listen to podcasts and audiobooks, occasionally 90's rock.

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1stBroncoBase

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I finally got around to installing upgraded 4" speakers in front and rear and made a video that I hope will help others that want to do this as well. This project only costs about $120 so I think the resulting improvement in sound quality is well worth that investment.

I also recorded some before and after audio so that you can hear a 'side by side' comparison of:
1) stock speakers
2) upgraded Infinity Reference speakers
3) upgraded speakers plus the FORScan update (ACM module line 727-01-01 change 382B to read 3800)

Based on my testing, especially at lower volume, the FORScan mod definitely makes a difference. If you want to skip right to that part of the video, go to the 16:30 mark of the video

Thank you to forum members @Roll Sound and @ryannshit and @ASlaugh who all provided useful content that helped guide me

Here is the video:
Well done, thank you for the video

Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Search Amazon for the wiring harness for 4” speakers. This site blocks it when linking them. Perfect fit.

Ford Bronco Inexpensive yet impactful speaker upgrade plus FORScan mod B80A9DF7-14B1-4840-B60F-D3472E05A923
do these really have 3 wires in each connector?

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sam I agree that "trying to determine via video" IS tricky, but I can hear added clarity to the music based on the change of speakers, and then a little more nuanced added clarity with the addition of the forscan change. We'll never get scientific quality data until someone with some binaural mics and decent software runs some testing, but it was clear to me (full disclosure I have crappy hearing) there was a difference for the better. I'm surprised your anecdotal testing offered "zero difference" as the outcome.

To be fair - 3 people is not a great sample size and I was using a $50 pair and an $80 pair.

One was rocksford and the other pioneer. I am by no means an audiophile so I could simply be picking trash speakers.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh there is definitely improved frequency range being sent to the rear now. So much so that I've faded my sound two notches backward and left it there. I'm happy. I still have matching kick panel speakers standing by swap in and haven't really felt the need now, though I probably will still do it at some point on a rainy day.

Totality of mods: 2 x Kicker 46CSC44, 300hz blockers + Boom Mats in front, 2 x Kicker 46CSC44 in rear pods, ForScan adjusted 382B to 3800

I primarily listen to podcasts and audiobooks, occasionally 90's rock.
Thank you sir!

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So no plug and play?

Sponsored

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trying to determine audio difference via video is a tricky thing...
It's impossible. Microphone, and playback equipment place it into deep space. There are very few aftermarket speakers that will sound worse, until you get into high end inefficient power hungry drivers. Even those usually sound a little better at low volume.

On another note, from the pics I've seen, the front kick panels appear to have a lot of room. This might be a good vehicle to run 8's in the kick panel and bi-amp the 4" dash (and rear) speakers. and no subwoofer. That would be a very robust, simple system, and practical seeing as we lose everything below 100 hz with the top off and in motion.

ingalsbeans

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, there was a forum member @ASlaugh who was selling pre-wired connectors on eBay, but when I went to grab the link it looks like he is no longer doing so. Maybe if he sees this post he can chime in on that.
I ordered some from some seller on amazon specifically for 2021+ broncos. will see if it works tomorrow haha

BronkedUp413

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Volvo S-60, 13 Ford Fusion, 16 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where does one obtain the "bass blockers"?

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
BudgetBronco

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered some from some seller on amazon specifically for 2021+ broncos. will see if it works tomorrow haha
Ok cool, yes if you confirm they work please let us know
Sponsored