Sponsored

Deleted member 21681

That… is a fine-looking bronco. Nothing like what I ordered, but damn… looks great.
Sponsored

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I still don’t understand offsets. How would these tires look on a wheel with a +35 offset?
You will stick out just shy of 1" more and have just shy of 1" more interior clearance.
I should clarify. The center of your tire/rim will move farther away from the hub by the offset difference.
Use the link below, it’s a great tool.
https://tiresize.com/speedometer-calibration/

Last edited:

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was looking at doing that to mine but according to Tirerack that tire requires a 7.5-9” rim width. The base 16” rim is 7’s wide. Probably the reason for a bulge in the middle. Compensating for that issue with lower tire pressure to me would only lead to further problems. I’m sticking with 265/75/16 Goodrich T/A’s. A 32” tire which is what is stock on a BB & OB.
Thanks for taking the time to do this and show us exactly what I needed to know.
I have a Base 2-Door on order since March, have already ordered my Ultra 17x9 +25 rims and hub adapters. I was waiting for confirmation before getting my tires, either the 275/70R17 or 285/70R17. I know I can go with the 285's. Almost identical height to you 16's shown.
The 285/70R17's on a 9" rim with a 25mm offset looks like they will work great.
I'm looking at either the Goodrich T/A's or the Cooper AT3 XLT's.

Thanks again for taking the time do do this.

Sponsored

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the R&D. Super jealous you got you Bronco past QC! I’m having a hard time deciding between this and the 265/75/16s. Need more pics! Thanks!
These are 285-75-16 tires (technically a diameter of 32.8 inches) , mounted to stock Base Bronco rims. No lift or spacers, and no rubbing in my testing. That increases the stock 10 inch tire width to a much beefier 11.2 inches.

2021 Bronco 33%22 inch tires on stock Base rims.jpg

See video linked here for full testing with shocks/springs compressed and extended:

I think 33 inch looks great on the 2 door, and for my light off-roading needs is a good option for getting a extra inch+ of ground clearance while saving $4000+ as compared to the Sasquatch option.

Let me know if any questions and I will do my best to answer them!

Namrekcad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota, xt4, Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great video
Well done
Nice look, much better than stock
Paint rims and top next?

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
0 I believe.

I was told it’s a weird wheel, because it has a trucky lug pattern of 6 x 5.5 but with a car like offset of zero, leaving few wheel options.
Cars typically have a high-positive offset, not near-zero.

I looked it up here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/⚙-2021-bronco-oem-factory-rims-wheels-specs-sizes-offsets-⚙.11893/

...and it looks like stock is +55 which is indeed different than what I would have expected. Thus,
Jsullivan's answer would be correct.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are 285-75-16 tires (technically a diameter of 32.8 inches) , mounted to stock Base Bronco rims. No lift or spacers, and no rubbing in my testing. That increases the stock 10 inch tire width to a much beefier 11.2 inches.

2021 Bronco 33%22 inch tires on stock Base rims.jpg

See video linked here for full testing with shocks/springs compressed and extended:

I think 33 inch looks great on the 2 door, and for my light off-roading needs is a good option for getting a extra inch+ of ground clearance while saving $4000+ as compared to the Sasquatch option.

Let me know if any questions and I will do my best to answer them!
Nice! you did what most people were thinking about that base... can't wait to see what you have planned next in the paint shop 🤔

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Other than the look of The Pizza Cutters, any concerns with the 255/85/16’s
Wouldn’t need to worry about the bulge and rim width, right?
Ford Bronco Installed 33 inch tires on stock Base rims - no mods required 1628704272832

Sponsored

Alloy07

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Audi S3 , Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Love the look of your Bronco, reminds me so much of the original. Color goes great with the grey top too.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I plan on also adding tires, but thought about switching to 17 inch rims. But following your example I think I will keep the same rims and upgrade to bigger tires. I don't know if I will go to 33's though. Please post any issues you encounter. Also thanks so much for being the guinea pig on this.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota T100
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great!!! Personally I would loose the flares. Just my opinion not a fan of fender flares. First time I really like the steel on the bronco. Good job!

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Stupid follow up question: Could the dealership recalibrate the speedometer to correct for the 33's ?
Sponsored