First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013, 2020,2022 Shelby Gt500s, Explorer St, C8 Ver
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, it would need to be removed to replace a windshield. It however comes off fairly simple with 4 10mm nuts and unplug the harness. Maybe 10-20 minutes with a helper to lift it off and back on.
Sponsored

Blowncobra

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been working with Oracle for resolution. The updated units are not yet available. I have removed the light bar for return to them. Unfortunate as the style is a nice look except when it gets in the daylight and warps. The wind noise in unacceptable as a result of the warping of the housing. I suspect with further R&D they may get it nailed down in the cure for the warping issue. They’ve

Wallyworld Ranger 269

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Charger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the update.

Bluegorilla

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey Martin,

We actually only have the black housings in stock and do not have the Carbon Grey, so we would need to wait here regardless. ETA on this is roughly 6-8 weeks at this time, but I will be sure to keep this thread updated when we get closer to having a more firm ETA.
@ORACLE Lighting @OracleLights @JP_Oracle

Any update on the updated housings? Its been over 6 weeks since this last message (8/1).

Blowncobra

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Blowncobra should of got the 2.0 they said it was on the site. So @JP_Oracle did Blowncobra get the 1.0 or the 2.0?
I did not, I received the original version ordered and delivered to me the 2nd week of august. I have returned the unit for refund.

Sponsored

OracleLights

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bluegorilla

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi, all of the testing has been completed and these are currently in production! We still do not have a firm ETA but will be updating as soon as we do.

Any update on the revised housings? Last update was back in September.

Overall disappointed in Oracle and the windshield light bar. It's been a year since I have had the housing crack.

I also went to get my PPF repaired and my detailer noticed that the Oracle housing dented and scratched my A-pillar.

ORACLE Terry

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, RAM TRX, Gladiator, Wrangler JL,
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any update on the revised housings? Last update was back in September.

Overall disappointed in Oracle and the windshield light bar. It's been a year since I have had the housing crack.

I also went to get my PPF repaired and my detailer noticed that the Oracle housing dented and scratched my A-pillar.
I am sorry for the delay. We are expecting the revised housings to ship in mid-late January. We are dedicated to creating lighting solutions that both integrate and perform as if they came off of the production line with the vehicle. We are confident that the updated housing will eliminate the issues some experienced when driving at higher speeds.

Last edited:

Nanuck

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed this light bar on my soft top yesterday. Foolish me did not search here or anywhere else about wind issues before purchasing and installing. The soft top rattle something fierce even at 35 mph. Curious if anyone has figured out a fix. I like the bar and want to keep it.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Installed this light bar on my soft top yesterday. Foolish me did not search here or anywhere else about wind issues before purchasing and installing. The soft top rattle something fierce even at 35 mph. Curious if anyone has figured out a fix. I like the bar and want to keep it.
The fact that they haven't pulled this known defective product while the updated housing is in development is why I won't be buying it, even when the updated version comes out. The product is a great idea but poorly executed and for its price point, should be made better.

Sponsored

Nanuck

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The fact that they haven't pulled this known defective product while the updated housing is in development is why I won't be buying it, even when the updated version comes out. The product is a great idea but poorly executed and for its price point, should be made better.
I sent a message to Oracle but it’s the weekend so don’t expect a reply. Really think there has to be a fix out there. Hope I’m right.

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The housing on the light bar that I've had for almost 1 year recently cracked.

In the area where I live, air temperature never fall below freezing. It took just one trip to an area where the temp was around 34°F for two cracks to appear at the corners of the middle section. The housing began to rattle terribly at speeds above 50 mph. I was afraid the housing would crack all the way across and fly off. Luckily, it survived the trip and remained intact.

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco 1705807773045

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco 1705807785268

I reached out to Oracle regarding the issue. A new housing is currently enroute. It's going to be the revised version. I'll post pictures here once it arrives.

While I was waiting for a new housing, I decided to try one mod on the old one. First, I fixed the cracks with superglue and then made a cutout along its top edge. The idea was to decrease the air pressure inside the housing which makes it vibrate at high speeds. Guess what? It did help! The max speed I tested it at was 82 mph – no rattling noises whatsoever. The mod I'd done to it previously (Page 17) also enhances the aerodynamics of light bar.

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco 1705807844964

I'm 6ft tall, and the cutout is absolutely not visible from my eye level. I might do the same mods to the replacement housing before installing it on the Bronco.

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco 1705807861347

Despite all the troubles, I still like this light bar. It looks very OEM, works great on trails, and I always get compliments on it. I only wish Oracle had put slightly more thought into the design process and spent more time testing this product. Hope the new housing is going to be more robust.

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco 1705808538563

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

In the area where I live, air temperature never fall below freezing. It took just one trip to an area where the temp was around 34°F for two cracks to appear at the corners of the middle section. The housing began to rattle terribly at speeds above 50 mph. I was afraid the housing would crack all the way across and fly off. Luckily, it survived the trip and remained intact.

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco 1705808538563

I reached out to Oracle regarding the issue. A new housing is currently enroute. It's going to be the revised version. I'll post pictures here once it arrives.

While I was waiting for a new housing, I decided to try one mod on the old one. First, I fixed the cracks with superglue and then made a cutout along its top edge. The idea was to decrease the air pressure inside the housing which makes it vibrate at high speeds. Guess what? It did help! The max speed I tested it at was 82 mph – no rattling noises whatsoever. The mod I'd done to it previously (Page 17) also enhances the aerodynamics of light bar.

I'm 6ft tall, and the cutout is absolutely not visible from my eye level. I might do the same mods to the replacement housing before installing it on the Bronco.

Despite all the troubles, I still like this light bar. It looks very OEM, works great on trails, and I always get compliments on it. I only wish Oracle had put slightly more thought into the design process and spent more time testing this product. Hope the new housing is going to be more robust.

Any chance it was wet and freezing? Like water got in there then froze and expanded. That and those 4 bolt/nut maybe? holes look like dirt/water traps. I'd be looking for stainless hardware and a plug. I'm pretty rust averse. They are good looking lights though.

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any chance it was wet and freezing? Like water got in there then froze and expanded. That and those 4 bolt/nut maybe? holes look like dirt/water traps. I'd be looking for stainless hardware and a plug. I'm pretty rust averse. They are good looking lights though.
Plastic plugs keep water away from those holes. I didn't install them before taking those pictures.

I think the reason why the plastic cracked is because that air escapes from the light bar housing along the edge that lies on the top of the windshield frame. When the air is warm, the plastic is more flexible and releases the air out. On hot summer days I noticed that a bulge would appear in the middle of the housing. I assume that the pressure inside the housing was deforming the soft plastic in the middle because the housing doesn't have any mounting points. That's how it could survive almost a year.

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco 1705824572791

On my Christmas trip, the plastic lost its flexibility and become more brittle in colder temperatures. The vibrations caused by the escaping air cracked the housing at the corners of the middle cutout – in the points where the stress was the highest.

Nanuck

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco 1705824572791

Smart thinking on the mod you made. I believe that is my current issue where wind is coming in beneath the bar and forcing its way under my soft top causing it to blow up and rattle. Oracle is sending me some gaskets to supposedly help and I’ll have to see what they look like once arrived to determine if they actually will.
Sponsored