bbkat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wife has been bugging for a dome light. Thank you!
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When I get my aftermarket hardtop sometime around 2032, I’m def doing something like this.
Your solution using the cross bars in the softtop is great. The ultimate is to use the dome lights to power the extra lighting, I refuse to use an upfitter switch for this. Not an easy fix but I’m working on it!

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
there is got to be a way to trigger a light off of zone lighting or something... I should have mine next month and will look into further.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

there is got to be a way to trigger a light off of zone lighting or something... I should have mine next month and will look into further.
Yes, the way is to use a PWM converter module like the after market tail light modules for a 4 pin. I have the module and used it to verify this will work. The tail light module is huge and will not fit under the panel, plus it’s over kill for this being it’s setup for 3 light circuits.

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great content! I was all worked up to try and wire something into an upfitter switch or something, and then the other day I ran across this battery powered magnetic LED light at Home Depot. I bought it and it works so well I may never hard wire in anything different. The body panels of the Bronco are non-metallic but the roll bar works great. A bonus is that I can attach this to the tailgate table I installed for working on things there in the dark.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NM4X978

516ebJnzDJL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Sponsored

pharden

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great content! I was all worked up to try and wire something into an upfitter switch or something, and then the other day I ran across this battery powered magnetic LED light at Home Depot. I bought it and it works so well I may never hard wire in anything different. The body panels of the Bronco are non-metallic but the roll bar works great. A bonus is that I can attach this to the tailgate table I installed for working on things there in the dark.

Ford Bronco interior dome light solution for dark soft tops - pics 516ebJnzDJL._AC_SL1000_
I picked up one of these lights for my Bronco too. BTW my wife has an Audi Q7 and the interior lighting is fantastic. It has lights eveywhere!

DrSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That a real rolly there, mate?

DrSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can still operate the soft top lift fine. It does not interfere or come off.
Great job! So does this mean folding the soft top all the way back with rear windows removed, or just folding back the front section?

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My goodness I do love good old American ingenuity. (y)

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco interior dome light solution for dark soft tops - pics image
Perfect. I have one over my desk that's rechargeable via USB....but don't know how well that would hold in the cold. Of course, AAA's won't either.

Jason hamilton

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Beat me to it. All broncos are a dark cave regardless of top.

I’ve rigged up a couple different options for interior lighting around the roll bars and it works great. Unfortunately the dome lights are PWM and cannot be tapped to work from. Attention lighting vendors, million $ opportunity.

This is some cheap LED tape lights. My second product worked even better but I didn’t get a pic.

great use of one of the aux switches

OP
OP
doccoch

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's so crazy. That was my first idea. The LED light I posted above and originally intended to do in this fashion HAS a magnetic strip on its back already. My bars have NO magnetic attraction at all. So no iron, nickel, or cobalt. I assumed they were made of aluminum? I tried other magnets on it too and there is no attraction.

OP
OP
doccoch

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great job! So does this mean folding the soft top all the way back with rear windows removed, or just folding back the front section?
honestly, I just folded the front part all the way back and STARTED folding the back part back. I did not go ALL the way back with rear windows removed. But I really can't imagine it would matter how it is attached.
Sponsored