Sponsored

Interior trim accent colors are killing me...

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone else annoyed at the stupid interior accent colors (i.e bright blue in the Black diamond, etc) ?
It's really annoying that ordering a red black diamond will have bright blue trim accents that clash with the exterior paint. Anyone think/pray they'll fix this for 2022 options? It's my biggest pet peeve right now. I don't want to be forced to pick AMB just because the interior trim is blue.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's cool that it can be done, but as an option/accessory would be much much better.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The good thing is they all appear to be held on with Bronco Bolts so easily changed (other than the chicklets which most likely also come off). Annoying, absolutely. To be honest though, the seat color choices are a much bigger issue IMHO.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else annoyed at the stupid interior accent colors (i.e bright blue in the Black diamond, etc) ?
It's really annoying that ordering a red black diamond will have bright blue trim accents that clash with the exterior paint. Anyone think/pray they'll fix this for 2022 options? It's my biggest pet peeve right now. I don't want to be forced to pick AMB just because the interior trim is blue.
No... first I've heard this critique.

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Swap them out with some FE neutral colored ones. Those with the lightning blue (like mine) will gladly swap!

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, the interior color schemes really turned me off to some of the higher trim packages. Part of the reason just stuck with a base. The Roast with Black Onyx was the only other that caught my eye.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you seen one in person yet? We thought they were a bit odd too but when we went to actually see one at our dealer we really didn’t even notice it.

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bronco Bolts
I'm relatively new to the site but have seen this tossed around a little. Only just looked it up and, as a AMC era jeep owner, all I have to say is "Ffffffuuuuu..."

No matter how cool some people think they look, or how easy Ford is saying they'll make things, ask a CJ owner what they think of torx bolts some time.

Sponsored

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I didn't like them either. But after seeing them.in person they are entirely unobtrusive. Much more subtle than in pictures

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At first I thought carp, a Race Red OBX with Roast interior that has blue accents. But, with enough therapy, and the right medication I then thought, "What the hell" I'm gonna get the thing anyway. So, why let it bother me.......😎

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
These things are so easily changed that it's comical anybody over the age of 30 would be upset by them. Go get materials, make changes to your vehicle to customize it to your wishes.

Obviously fewer people are ACTUALLY modifying their cars these days, when buy+ship+3m double sided tape+MODIFIED! is industry standard. I can see how the under-30 crowd hasn't really been around as many vehicles that they ever thought they would need a tool kit for, let alone being "forced" to design and implement their own changes to their vehicle without it having been made in China and Prime shipped to their door.

Pro tip: If you've got a 2-door and don't like the color-matched door inserts, either stab out your eyes (not while driving), pull the door apart and have the trim painted, or use some electrical tape. Boom, now you're styling (or blind)!

If you want to see what it actually looks like to modify your car, here's my '51 right now that i'm stripping down for a full re-paint on. Doing the R&R myself to save a few grand and keep the paint bill under $20K.

Ford Bronco Interior trim accent colors are killing me... interior

Ford Bronco Interior trim accent colors are killing me... front end 2

Last edited:

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is a problem created in your head, based on the fact your foaming at the mouth to get your new Bronco and have nothing better to do than obsess over pictures on this forum. I know the signs of this syndrome, I've been there. Trust me when I say, when you finally sit and drive one, the accent colors will be absolutely fine. Switching trims based on the accent color is actually one of the funniest things around here, I thought we got over that in 2020 no?

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm relatively new to the site but have seen this tossed around a little. Only just looked it up and, as a AMC era jeep owner, all I have to say is "Ffffffuuuuu..."

No matter how cool some people think they look, or how easy Ford is saying they'll make things, ask a CJ owner what they think of torx bolts some time.
Seems as if it will be: a) take delivery, b) take each Bronco bolt out and give it a shot of never seize.
Sponsored