Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me it's a dealbreaker.
I use 4A on snowy streets and on light trails where it's mostly flat and I don't need to disconnect the sway bar.
Sponsored

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually got pulled a week early..salesman never got back to me when I wanted to make changes earlier..thought about cactus gray but definitely happy with carbon as I saw one last week so I'm excited at how it looks in person
That being said I'm at msrp but wondering what manager meant by making things right..I'm always a fan of customer is always right..lol
Does anyone here have anything that was thrown in when they got their Bronco besides an ADM.
Lol
This dealer is quite far from me but seemed to be the best to deal with or so I thought..that being said there are bunch of Broncos landing on lots within 20 miles of me ..and I could probably do msrp..and have within 2-3 weeks..but again have to deal with another salesman

Screenshot_20230512_084921_Chrome.jpg
Ford Bronco Is 4A a deal breaker? 7llnn4

technerd

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These comments are hilarious, some people really hate technology. But you're the only one who knows if it's a deal breaker. For me it is.

Can I drive without it, of course, but it allows for better grip and performance, regardless of the weather. I've tried to break it loose in wet weather, and I can't in 4A, it gives me a lot of confidence.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
4A is like cruise control, must have after I've used it. Wish my F150 (XLT) had it.
What year? It's swappable. Transfer case, TCCM, and 4x4 knob, plus a little Forscan and baby you got a 4A stew going. I swapped my 2011 Lariat since they didn't do the ToD until 2012, but later XL/XLT modules can be swapped.

A907Chick

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Wildtrax Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why? Well, I'm from Boston and have 10 tens more snow and ice driving experience than you. Owned 4 Wranglers, 2 Defenders, a 4 Runner & 2 Broncos so have a decent understanding of 4WD.. Never sat in an MR2, but hey, don't let that stop you from creating your own reality.
LOL Well I didn't realize you are in Florida too. I agree with everything that you said. 👍🏻 My post was referring to/directed at the comment that Sardine made, who is also from FL. Sorry dude, guess I should have been more specific as I didn't realize you were also in Florida.

Sponsored

BillysMom

Base
First Name
Jetta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & some motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Base
For me 4A was a dealbreaker. I would've considered not picking sasquatch package if I could've just optioned it. Where I live we get icy slippery roads and having that feature is ideal for it and peace of mind, plus in terms of upgrade path and use-case I'm more into the prerunner end of things and it's useful there too. I had an older version of this in a 3rd gen explorer and it was great!

The 94.75:1 crawl ratio was also a major bonus as I'm 3 pedal :)

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What year? It's swappable. Transfer case, TCCM, and 4x4 knob, plus a little Forscan and baby you got a 4A stew going. I swapped my 2011 Lariat since they didn't do the ToD until 2012, but later XL/XLT modules can be swapped.
'16. ... Yeah, I lived on the F150 forum for a few years after I bought it... XLariaT and boosted greygoose... Were turning XLTs into Lariats and doing a lot of Forscan work... I need to revisit and update the 'ol truck, now that it's not my daily driver. 😁

These days if just rather pay for 4A instead of adding it afterwards. 🤪

Grant3168

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 G37, 2006 G35
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dealbreaker? Not for me, I could get around just using 4H/L if needed.

BUT I really and glad I got 4A with my Bronco. It really shines in the snow as well as the loose sandy dirt we have here in CO. Last weekend I hit some trails, not incredibly difficult but with how loose the ground is you can slip alot in 2H if you start from a standstill or climbing up a steep incline. Sure you can pop it into 4H, but 4A is incredibly convenient.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Completely changes the way the Bronco handles and makes it extremely stable.
Completely agree!
I grew up driving in the frequent rain on the Gulf Coast (Houston). The hot ticket for a hot-headed teenager was to try and light up the tires/hang the ass end out at every opportunity.
Nowadays, I'm O-L-D, and I paid lots of money for this truck.
So I use 4A when it gets slicky, and it works great!!!

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

4A would be nice, but it is an expensive option. A much better upgrade for driving in snow is just buy the correct tires. I can’t believe the people who show up in Montana driving on worn out tires that are surprised that they got stuck even though they have 4WD.

Base + snow tires will be better in snow than 4A with any other tire.

Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have driven old school 4wds for about 45 years. I still own an 88 Bronco II.

Shifting in and out of 4wd isn't a big deal but it is something you have to do manually, as in reach down and pull the lever or push a button. It's a distraction while driving even if a minor one, but it happens at a bad time (bad road conditions, bad weather, bad drivers). 4A is push the button once and just drive. You can keep your eyes on the road and both hands on the wheel.

Necessity, no. More convenient and safer, yes.

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I ordered my SaS base I too thought oh well that will never get used.

Now it’s the first choice in loose gravel on hill slopes when you trying not to tear up the surface

Can I live without it , of course but I do use it more than I thought I would

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, 4A is pretty awesome for daily driving in the winter, but not necessary for rock-crawling. One disadvantage of 4A is it uses a more complex clutch packed transfer case. As with any clutch, it can wear out and is more expensive to repair/replace. Realistically you're never going to use 4W in NYC streets unless it's a full-on blizzard.. whereas 4A is great for even light snow (less stress on drive train). Personally, I'd change my order.

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just realized salesman didn't put in order for 4x4 advanced is it a deal breaker?
Had a TJ in the past and never had any issues
But wondering if there will be issues utilizing the 4wd in a light snow..live in nyc.
I'm thinking I could live without it but wondering if any issues
When I contacted manager about another issue he said when bronco comes in make sure you like it and I'll do right
Don't know what that means but maybe I can get a set of mats/liners on them
Has anyone had dealership throw anything in to make things right? Would love to know what freebies could be had
Thanks
I lve in New England and in the snow, in 2wd, the bronco is a beast, id think around down and back roads of your area in light snow isn't even going to be an issue. The 4 auto is nice, but def not required with slight snow.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I would not use 4A for off-roading, that is what 4H is for... But On -Road, dry or slippery, 4A is perfect.

Ironically Jeep has a "4A" option as well but people don't seem to opt for it. It does change out their normal SFA joints for CVs for some reason as well. I had it optioned on my about to buy wrangler until I decided to wait 874 days for my Bronco.
Sponsored