First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4A is not available as a stand alone option on the Base model. If you didn't get SAS, you couldn't get 4A. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: The picture you posted looks like a Black Diamond though, so maybe you could have added 4A for about $800....
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheBear

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco WT, '20 RAM 2500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I live in SE Alaska, and 4A is simply awesome. The "set it and forget it" aspect is great. My pickup only as 4WD and I can't count the times I do a tight turn in a grippy parking lot and realize I forgot to get out of 4WD (winter). I didn't even know it existed in the Bronco until I took possession. All said, the 4A works really really well. I actually feel sorry for 4H and 4L because they are almost never needed in snow/ice. It was a hugely pleasant surprise when I took the Bronco. And as one reader mentioned, it is a great feature to have in winter when someone else that is unable to "get it" with moving in and out of 4H borrows your vehicle.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Does he have anything else on the lot close to your spec with 4A?

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
On any car I've owned that has had 4a I've never used it. I live in north central Wisconsin so we see snow and ice. I don't have it on my Bronco and never in the 2 winters I've had it have ever wished I had the 4a. But some people really like it.

Sponsored

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

4A is like cruise control, must have after I've used it. Wish my F150 (XLT) had it.

It's like going back to Sync 3, no. (But my F150 has it 😟)

Blah blah blah.. "if you know how to drive..." BS. Yes, I can drive and have driven in snow since 15... I cringe at the hills I drove in snow with 2WD trucks loaded with firewood. Not sure what my Dad was thinking either from the passage seat

I think we're focused on 4A... What else did he lose without Advanced 4x4? I think the whole Advanced 4x4 is definitely worth it.

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When the snow accumulates, use 4WD.
You're really not supposed to use 4H/4L when driving on pavement even if there is snow on it. If you have grip, then you're binding your drivetrain. If you don't have grip on the pavement then you shouldn't be driving on it anyways, lol.

4H/4L is supposed to be used when your wheels can slip, otherwise it's bad on your drivetrain.

That's what makes 4A so good. You can leave it on all the time with no issues.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've never owned a single vehicle with either 4A or AWD, and saw no reason to pay for it.

The fact that Sasquatch forces you to take it is just another money grubbing move from Ford as far as I am concerned. If the snow is that bad, use 4H. If it's bad enough to need 4L on pavement then maybe question your life choices at that moment.

Some Gamer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Definitely don't see it as a deal breaker. If you can get some freebies out of it, cool, but either way, I don't think it's worth having to wait on a new order.

Silentwutch

Raptor
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco Raptor, 23 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had a similar situation on my build where the advanced 4wd system was missed. I live in Wisconsin and I can't say it's something that I necessarily needed. I've been driving mine for 14 months now and still nothing but smiles through all weather!

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Switching your order from part time 4wd to 4A means changing the body code of the Bronco. So not something that can be done once you have a VIN. Last year if you switched your body code you would have lost price protections.

I have 4A on my Badlands and it is awesome in snow driving. It gives traction when needed and you don't have to worry about being locked into 4H when you hit a dry patch of pavement. I've had plenty of part time 4x4 vehicles in the past and driven competently in the snow with those systems. But the "new fangled" 4A really is superior. All of that being said a Bronco with part time 4x4 wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. As previously mentioned in other posts, 4A also gives a lower 4L gear reduction than the part time transfer case. That 99 to 1 crawl ratio with the 7MT and 4A is a bonus.

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
So is 4A=Sport Mode?
I dont have 4A but I do have sport mode.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was too cheap for a build with 4A, so I went the conservative driving + good tires route. Would be nice to have, but in two years of ownership I can't say there was a time when I felt like I really needed it.

TheBear

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco WT, '20 RAM 2500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So is 4A=Sport Mode?
I dont have 4A but I do have sport mode.
4A is AWD. Sport mode automatically engages 4A on the GOAT dial. you can set it back to 2H if you desire. But no, 4A is not sport mode.

Last edited:

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just realized salesman didn't put in order for 4x4 advanced is it a deal breaker?
Had a TJ in the past and never had any issues
But wondering if there will be issues utilizing the 4wd in a light snow..live in nyc.
I'm thinking I could live without it but wondering if any issues
When I contacted manager about another issue he said when bronco comes in make sure you like it and I'll do right
Don't know what that means but maybe I can get a set of mats/liners on them
Has anyone had dealership throw anything in to make things right? Would love to know what freebies could be had
Thanks
i live in nj 4a works for me but not the biggest deal
as soon as i hit trails its 4h anyway
Sponsored