First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey all, I’m considering the Ford brand cockpit cover for my 2 door. Is this thing truly waterproof?? I’m finding conflicting information. If it can’t seal out rain in a downpour, I don’t see the point.
Anyone know for sure?
Thanks
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is not waterproof. It's great for keeping dust out and will hold up to overnight dew but it's not waterproof, water resistant yes. Also, with the top off there is nothing to stop water from collecting and puddling.

swaing

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got mine a couple of weeks ago and tried it out. Fits very well. While I haven't had it in the rain yet, I think if you had sideways driving rain, some "could" get in, but it would be very, very tough. It covers all the openings completely and the hooks ensure to doesn't want to go anywhere. The side mirror pockets make it a breeze to install and removal is a snap. Great addition to the Bronco when the hardtop is off and you just need to cover up for a rainstorm. Plus the price was more than reasonable.

Bronco Cockpit Cover

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe it states in the description that it is not a weather protector. I purchased a weather protector cover from a business among this group. I believe they operate out of North Carolina. Their name escapes me. The storage bag for the cover had a stick on emblem that has been lost so I can’t easily supply the businesses name. Anyway, the weatherproof cover is made for the Bronco when the top is off. If I find the name of the business I will post.

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey all, I’m considering the Ford brand cockpit cover for my 2 door. Is this thing truly waterproof?? I’m finding conflicting information. If it can’t seal out rain in a downpour, I don’t see the point.
Anyone know for sure?
Thanks
Don't get it. It's a piece of crap. Get the Broncover instead. It is much better quality. I returned the Ford one immediately. It ripped the first time I installed it. The Broncover is very durable and waterproof.

https://www.broncover.com/shop/p/broncover2d

Sponsored

Broncover

Raptor
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Broncover
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncover.com
Vehicle(s)
BRaptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't get it. It's a piece of crap. Get the Broncover instead. It is much better quality. I returned the Ford one immediately. It ripped the first time I installed it. The Broncover is very durable and waterproof.

https://www.broncover.com/shop/p/broncover2d
Although this is crazy expensive, if you live in the Summer rain belt (Deep South), but love running the Bronco topless, this looks like a real winner. Even has a thing to prop up the middle so water doesn't pool.

Will have to give some thought to buying, but man, $370 is a lot to pay for piece of mind. Like the case as well.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think it is crazy expensive, especially if it is truly waterproof. I paid $150 for a cover like this in '07 for my JKUX, which is $215 in todays dollars, but I don't think it was truly waterproof. That top did keep the water out for the most part, but would drip.

I might get one of these for mine as I plan to be doors and top off most of the summer.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally digging on that.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think it is crazy expensive, especially if it is truly waterproof. I paid $150 for a cover like this in '07 for my JKUX, which is $215 in todays dollars, but I don't think it was truly waterproof. That top did keep the water out for the most part, but would drip.

I might get one of these for mine as I plan to be doors and top off most of the summer.
Think you're likely right. Just had some initial sticker shock, but when I think about going wheeling in North GA this Summer and one of our usual afternoon showers breaks out, having this BroncoCover will pay for itself since I'm all the way down in the city. With this cover, I can leave panels at home and just not care.

Gotta buy the Bimini also, so together, I'll be out of $550 to go topless, but hey, going topless! Shit yeah I will! :)

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reactions: Cat

Broncover

Raptor
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Broncover
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncover.com
Vehicle(s)
BRaptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Thanks. For what it’s worth, our cost of goods is higher than that $215 number so trust us we aren’t out here to make a killing. We just want to make a killer product that lasts and that our users love. So far we have done just that.

Pricing feedback is something we hear occasionally from people who haven’t gotten to feel it for themselves yet, so we offer a forum discount (code: Bronco6g) but we have never had one returned from someone who wasn’t happy with it in the end.
Sponsored