Sponsored

Is it needed to lock the Bronco when you walk away?

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 24 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Must be for newer models. Not available on my '21 BL
Don't feel too left out. I have a 2024, built first week of April and delivered one week ago and it doesn't have those screen/options either.

Something seems amiss here.
Sponsored

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a 4-door you can, just try the rear door. I get out, shut my door, hit the button on the handle and hear it lock, then I try the rear door to make sure ;)
I have a 4-door and that won't work for me. All my doors are locked unless I use the unlock button on the fob. If I grab a door handle to unlock, only the door I'm grabbing will unlock. The rest remain locked. When I have a passenger I open the driver's door, then push the unlock button on the inside of the door to let them in. Maybe my settings are different than yours?

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the Bronco, I don't like that you can't verify if the doors are locked when you press the button because if you grab the handle it unlocks. I find myself having to listen to hear if the locks engage.
I verify mine by gripping the sides of the driver's door handle. I don't wrap my hand around it. That keeps the door from unlocking. The sensor is on the inside of the door handle. Grab the door handle anywhere else and it won't unlock.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 4-door and that won't work for me. All my doors are locked unless I use the unlock button on the fob. If I grab a door handle to unlock, only the door I'm grabbing will unlock. The rest remain locked. When I have a passenger I open the driver's door, then push the unlock button on the inside of the door to let them in. Maybe my settings are different than yours?
You have a setting wrong... you can change it to unlock all doors if you open the drivers or passenger door.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have a setting wrong... you can change it to unlock all doors if you open the drivers or passenger door.
Actually not. I'm happy the way it is.

Sponsored

King63

Heritage
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Don't feel too left out. I have a 2024, built first week of April and delivered one week ago and it doesn't have those screen/options either.

Something seems amiss here.
Me too. '24 Heritage picked up on 4/27 and I don't have that option on my Lock settings screen either.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting, I remember setting it up early on where I set something to unlock all doors when I unlock the front. Wish I had this option for the tailgate. So if you have yours set to unlock all doors, you can simply check the rear door after locking.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the Bronco, I don't like that you can't verify if the doors are locked when you press the button because if you grab the handle it unlocks. I find myself having to listen to hear if the locks engage.
According to page 92 of the 2023 owner's manual you can test if the doors are locked. Just immediately pull on the handle after touching the lock sensor. It works on my Bronco. I just discovered this today. Before today I was trying to grip the handle without unlocking.
Sponsored

Attachments