Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Orders closed March 19th for 2021 model year. If you place an order now with a dealer you will get a '22 or '23 depending on your selection. If you want one this year, you can possibly get a soft top by calling all the local dealerships to see if they have any stock orders for sale.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford only guaranteed to freeze prices for people who ordered before the March deadline...
Ford froze the MSRP. The price though, is whatever the customer negotiated with the dealership.

Sponsored

NachoMama

First Name
TIm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
With all the minor kinks/issues people are reporting, it's not a bad idea to wait a model year or two until all the kinks are worked out so, having to wait isn't that bad unless you're a "gotta have it now" type.

reef_surfer

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not getting this part. If orders closed in March then how can you still reserve an FY21 and order with a dealer? I understand you're probably not going to get it, but how is it closed?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford froze the MSRP. The price though, is whatever the customer negotiated with the dealership.
Also, MSRP is protected for anyone who ordered OR reserved before the cutoff date. (Not just ordered.)

I'm not getting this part. If orders closed in March then how can you still reserve an FY21 and order with a dealer? I understand you're probably not going to get it, but how is it closed?
Not sure the point you're making... but orders did not close. You can still absolutely order.

The March deadline had to do with scheduling and allocation calculation... nothing to do with an individual's ability to place an order.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sold out for 2 years at this point for orders. Dealers are getting some in stock and you could buy one of those with a likely premium price but as for orders, Motortrend says 2 years.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-bronco-f-150-lightning-maverick-orders-reservations-outlook/
We'll see in the end, how many reservations result in orders and ultimately purchases. But for now, Ford seems better at taking reservations, than producing actual vehicles. I mean you can currently have 3 different reservations with Ford (Bronco, F150 Lightning, Maverick) but no actual vehicle showing up. Ridiculous.

Sponsored

NachoMama

First Name
TIm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We'll see in the end, how many reservations result in orders and ultimately purchases. But for now, Ford seems better at taking reservations, than producing actual vehicles. I mean you can currently have 3 different reservations with Ford (Bronco, F150 Lightning, Maverick) but no actual vehicle showing up. Ridiculous.

ONG this happens every time I have a rental car reservation. I'll get a car but, it's always different than what I booked vehicle type wise. Last time was an econo car and ended up with crossover lol

Lambeezy

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 4 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think it’s roughly 120,000 Broncos a year Ford can produce…. And there’s backlog of about 140k…

….which means back of the napkin puts Ford catching up with all orders by 3rd/4th quarter next year.

There will be dealer “allocation” but really only in the sense of how many each month they’ll get and how much dealer stock they’ll get.
I'm in a similar boat as the OP and placed both my reservation and order a few weeks ago. I'm curious, do you still think 3rd/4th quarter 2022 is possible given all the issues?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in a similar boat as the OP and placed both my reservation and order a few weeks ago. I'm curious, do you still think 3rd/4th quarter 2022 is possible given all the issues?
Ford Bronco Is it too late to order ? 1629841483298

I believe Ford will still be able to produce that many Broncos by that time…

…the rub is specific commodity constraints, such as hard tops…

…If every existing order never presented any part problems, no issues…

….but if every existing order wanted a mod top, then no one is getting their bronco before Q3/4…

…and I assume reality is so where I between those two extremes.

The million dollar question is; where in between.

Lambeezy

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 4 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Is it too late to order ? 1629841483298

I believe Ford will still be able to produce that many Broncos by that time…

…the rub is specific commodity constraints, such as hard tops…

…If every existing order never presented any part problems, no issues…

….but if every existing order wanted a mod top, then no one is getting their bronco before Q3/4…

…and I assume reality is so where I between those two extremes.

The million dollar question is; where in between.
I'll take it. Was fishing for an optimistic outlook, so I'm satisfied. I feel good with the decision to get a 4 door base model, no squatch, soft top, and really nothing added to it.
Sponsored