Sponsored

Is Mid Package a must for a daily driver?

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For me it was. Total first world problems. My last 2 vehicles have had things in the mid package that I have gotten used to. Mostly heated seats, keyless entry, and auto climate control. No way did I want to go back to manually flipping the fan speed.

Also this is the most expensive vehicle I have ever purchased, I was going to make damn sure it had the same features as my 29K Mazda and 22K Focus had.
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For me, yeah. I mean, it's a $40K vehicle. Mid package gives you enough to make it feel like a $40K vehicle. Heated seats and remote start being the big things. I use them every day and I'd be sad to not have them.
No remote start with manual anyways, so that's a moot point. @BoomBoy if heated seats become your only hangup then look at Katskinz.

OP
OP

BoomBoy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No remote start with manual anyways, so that's a moot point. @BoomBoy if heated seats become your only hangup then look at Katskinz.
It's not just the heat seats. It's the whole package. My Fiesta ST has it. I want it in my 40k Bronco.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seat heat is available aftermarket for $600 installed. That's how I'm going to roll my base

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wanted the mid package mainly for the BLIS system. I've gotten used to the blind spot mirrors on the standard package. Also I the mgv seats warm up relatively quickly even without seat heaters (I don't live in a super cold climate). Plus the 22's don't display the temperature for the climate control. As a bonus the Black Diamond comes with sport mode which is a ton of fun. Sport mode is extra fun if you spring for the advanced 4x4. My last car was an automatic with heated seats, blind spot monitoring, and climate control. It had pretty much all the tech from the lux package. I'm a lot happier driving my manual black diamond. The manual is a ton of fun to drive.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's not just the heat seats. It's the whole package. My Fiesta ST has it. I want it in my 40k Bronco.
I hear you and am in the same boat with a manual BB on the horizon. It's a shitty first world situation with absolutely no good reason for being.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Badlands is out of my budget so I have to downgrade to Black Diamond but manual is a must.

I can't get Mid Package AND Manual with Black Diamond so I have no choice but to go with the standard package.

I like the comfort creatures but I don't know if I should go ahead and order BD with the standard package.

Anyone here with the standard package daily their Bronco? Any regrets? Also, does CarPlay work with the standard package?
Pretty much what @lenitech said. Where do you live? Heated seats are nice, but, more important than manual tranny? I went auto, but if you are a manual driver seems like that would overrule. As noted, you can always get heated seat covers.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just wondering, would a Big Bend with the mid package fit your budget. The BB manual has the same gearing as the BD if that's a need, you just can't get the locker with a manual in the BB. Just a thought as the mid package does have a lot of nice stuff in it.
You can't get mid on a manual BB (or BD). This is the issue. When did the rear locker become unavailable with manual BB? I haven't seen that stated anywhere else before.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can't get mid on a manual BB (or BD). This is the issue. When did the rear locker become unavailable with manual BB? I haven't seen that stated anywhere else before.
The locker is available on the BB, but that pushes you to an automatic. I was just thinking maybe the gearing in the Black Diamond was one of your needs. I wasn't thinking about the gearing, and the locker may be what you were wanting. But, of course it would be as the BD has the manual with a locker. Sorry for the confusion.

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The locker is available on the BB, but that pushes you to an automatic. I was just thinking maybe the gearing in the Black Diamond was one of your needs. I wasn't thinking about the gearing, and the locker may be what you were wanting. But, of course it would be as the BD has the manual with a locker. Sorry for the confusion.
Man there is so much bad information posted these days. The locker on BB does not push you to an automatic. It is available on the BB with the 7MT. A simple look at build and price is all you need to do.
Ford Bronco Is Mid Package a must for a daily driver? 1645119408921

Ford Bronco Is Mid Package a must for a daily driver? 1645119378428

Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder what Ford has planned for 2023? I'd hold out if they later add Mid to manual BD.
I waited one year (2021 to 2022) for this. Wasn't going to wait another year in the "hope" that Ford would do this...

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Man there is so much bad information posted these days. The locker on BB does not push you to an automatic. It is available on the BB with the 7MT. A simple look at build and price is all you need to do.

Sorry man, I hit the 4.27 diff option. So, I hope this bit of info calms your disdain of me a little.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No disdain for anyone, just for bad info. I'll try to type more sensitively in the future.
I get it brother. I may have jumped a little fast myself. For that, my apologies.
Sponsored